The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2012, 09:16 PM   #1
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
Belt Initials

I'd really like to see a reference to the classic toon/Archie comics belt initials at some point. It'd be funny if they could incoporate it as an inside joke to how despite their obvious physical differences in this iteration, some casual fans will probably still have trouble telling which turtle is which.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988


Last edited by Jephael; 08-24-2012 at 09:27 PM.
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:26 PM   #2
pannoni1
Foot Elite
 
pannoni1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 3,447
Well, they could just refer to themselves as "L", "M", "D", and "R" at one occassion, and then someone could ask "Why not at least call us Leo, Mike, Raph, and Don?", and then someone could respond with "because it would make a great fashion accessory on your belts!"
__________________
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...d.php?t=37065- MY WANT LIST

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!

Last edited by pannoni1; 08-25-2012 at 05:45 AM.
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:47 PM   #3
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
Go away. Both of you.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:58 PM   #4
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
Go away. Both of you.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:00 PM   #5
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Gotta admit, Jeff, not the strongest thread...
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:02 PM   #6
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
Hey I do my best to come up with some thought-provoking theories and ideas! It ain't easy.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:26 PM   #7
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
Hey I do my best to come up with some thought-provoking theories and ideas! It ain't easy.
Ok...for the sake of the thread, maybe...MAYBE...Mikey could see a monogrammed "M" cowboy-style belt buckle at the 2nd Time Around (if it exists in this series) and put it on and point to it and say, "Huh? Huh!? What do you think?" and Raph (or Donnie...or both.) could say something sarcastic back.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:33 PM   #8
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
Now that I can see happening. It's funny, simple and a great OT reference. Honestly I dunno why people get so high strung over a freaking cartoon for God's sake!
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988


Last edited by Jephael; 08-24-2012 at 11:43 PM.
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 07:19 AM   #9
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
I think that would be hilarious. Didn't they make a reference to that in the 2K3 show once?
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 11:06 AM   #10
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
They never did it until they actually met their counterparts in Turtles Forever.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 03:49 PM   #11
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
No, I know they referenced it in 2K3. I think it was in "April's Artifact" where April accidentally mixed them up and Mikey said something about them maybe wearing initials on their belt buckles.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 04:06 PM   #12
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
No, I know they referenced it in 2K3. I think it was in "April's Artifact" where April accidentally mixed them up and Mikey said something about them maybe wearing initials on their belt buckles.
Why would April, by the time the series got to April's Artifact, still be mixing up the guys? Pretty sure there was never a initialed belt buckle reference, save for Turtles Forever.

EDIT: Also, I hate you for making me sit through this episode on Youtube, cause it's one of the 2 episodes that 4Kids decided need LAME musical interludes.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:05 PM   #13
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man
 
KROW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: State's Anus, NY
Posts: 6,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Ok...for the sake of the thread, maybe...MAYBE...Mikey could see a monogrammed "M" cowboy-style belt buckle at the 2nd Time Around (if it exists in this series) and put it on and point to it and say, "Huh? Huh!? What do you think?" and Raph (or Donnie...or both.) could say something sarcastic back.
How about monogrammed headboards for their beds?
__________________

- Optimus Acid Trip - Cult of a Half-Shell - Raiden's Bitter Tongue -
I don't try to be funny; I fail at it naturally.
KROW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 01:34 PM   #14
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
I don't care much about the belt initials, could have worked as a one time joke in the new toon.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 04:55 PM   #15
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by KROW View Post
How about monogrammed headboards for their beds?
Like Burt and Ernie?
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 05:58 PM   #16
zkarlette
Fashionably late
 
zkarlette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: CA
Posts: 4,146
I really don't care for the belt buckle initials, specially on the NM show.
__________________
"If only we'd stop trying to be happy, we could have a pretty good time" E.W
zkarlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:22 AM   #17
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Well, maybe you're right, Jester, but I could've sworn there was a belt buckle reference in 2K3. Maybe I'm just thinking of the wrong ep.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2k12, nick


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.