The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2012, 07:25 AM   #4021
Bauer536
Mad Scientist
 
Bauer536's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 1,550
Already, I've been on a few sites where people have commented, "I'm not showing this show to my kids," or "I'm taking Nickelodeon off my cable." Come on! Leonardo, for the last time, is not JASON BIGGS!!!! If you don't like Jason, don't watch American Pie then, or any of his films that are live action! Leo is animated. You really got to get all riled up for an actor playing an animated character?
Bauer536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 07:27 AM   #4022
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
Man, I love that Leonardo is kind of a loser who tries too hard, judging by the stuff they've shown this morning. It's boring when they make him too perfect.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 07:32 AM   #4023
Bauer536
Mad Scientist
 
Bauer536's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 1,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
Man, I love that Leonardo is kind of a loser who tries too hard, judging by the stuff they've shown this morning. It's boring when they make him too perfect.
What in the world is THAT supposed to mean?! So, wait. He's a loser just because he tries too hard? He looks promising. I read the Mutant Origins books already, and yes, he does come off annoying with this Space Heroes stuff. However, after finishing them (even before this preview), he is not even close to being loser.

Last edited by Bauer536; 09-01-2012 at 07:46 AM.
Bauer536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 07:49 AM   #4024
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
Uh, OK. Relax, homie, it's not that serious.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 07:53 AM   #4025
Bauer536
Mad Scientist
 
Bauer536's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 1,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
Uh, OK. Relax, homie, it's not that serious.
Sorry. This just scares me. I have to wait after Labor Day until Nickelodeon has the 411. Honestly, I heard they finished the first 26 episodes. So if Biggs is fired (which may not happen), at least they should hire somebody that should sound like him to fill in the role for the remaining seasons. I don't think it will cancel, but now I'm worried ratings will be a lot worse for Nick because of this incident. If you want a loser, don't look at the turtle. He's just a nerd. Look at the actor. He's just a twit.

Last edited by Bauer536; 09-01-2012 at 08:15 AM.
Bauer536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 07:55 AM   #4026
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
While it's a different take on Leonardo, I think they're making him this way because there are many kids who always want to be like their idols, such as famous athletes and such. So, having Leo want to be like one of his idols makes kids relate to him. I agree about Splinter's take on it though. Leo can't be like Captain Ryan. He needs to be his own leader.

As for Biggs, well, it's up to Nick what happens to him, not us. It's not going to tarnish my love for Leo in any way. I'll still watch the show regardless of what they do with Biggs next season.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 08:01 AM   #4027
Bauer536
Mad Scientist
 
Bauer536's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 1,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
While it's a different take on Leonardo, I think they're making him this way because there are many kids who always want to be like their idols, such as famous athletes and such. So, having Leo want to be like one of his idols makes kids relate to him. I agree about Splinter's take on it though. Leo can't be like Captain Ryan. He needs to be his own leader.

As for Biggs, well, it's up to Nick what happens to him, not us. It's not going to tarnish my love for Leo in any way. I'll still watch the show regardless of what they do with Biggs next season.
Thank you! Yes! Finally some positivity!
Bauer536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 08:44 AM   #4028
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,793
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauer536 View Post
. I don't think it will cancel, but now I'm worried ratings will be a lot worse for Nick because of this incident.
Why the hell do you keep saying this? Does this make ANY sense whatsoever?

If Jason Biggs loses his job they'll recast Leo for Season 2. Stop making idiotic comments about the show being canceled.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 09:04 AM   #4029
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
I think people are just over reacting and this will pass. by the way, what did they show this morning? because i missed it...
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 09:27 AM   #4030
HerpDerp
Hench Mutant
 
HerpDerp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
I think people are just over reacting and this will pass. by the way, what did they show this morning? because i missed it...
Every time there's an ad break they say "You're hanging with Leo all morning long" and then they either play a really short new clip or parts of trailers we've already seen. Also, the "Nick" bug in the bottom right corner occasionally transforms into a sewer cap and Leo sticks his head out then goes back in again.
They still haven't played the new sneak peak yet, but it's leading up to that. I imagine they will play it at 12, but that's just a guess.
HerpDerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 09:43 AM   #4031
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerpDerp View Post
Every time there's an ad break they say "You're hanging with Leo all morning long" and then they either play a really short new clip or parts of trailers we've already seen. Also, the "Nick" bug in the bottom right corner occasionally transforms into a sewer cap and Leo sticks his head out then goes back in again.
They still haven't played the new sneak peak yet, but it's leading up to that. I imagine they will play it at 12, but that's just a guess.
Thanks, i just saw a few a few promos for it. hopefully there will be a new trailer at 12
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 10:00 AM   #4032
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Just watched the "sneak peek" which was pretty much the kraang clip that we already saw. i did notice that the turtles pupils go away and their eyes turn all white when they fight though.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 10:01 AM   #4033
Bauer536
Mad Scientist
 
Bauer536's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 1,550
Just saw the special preview! AWESOME!!!!

It seems that they changed the Mikey and Kraang bit. It doesn't bite his head. Instead, it just bites his arm and Mikey shakes it off making the Kraang hit a button causing some alarm to go off. I wonder why they changed it? Anyway, Leo is still badass!
Bauer536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 10:26 AM   #4034
Zany Orange Dude
The Little Nerdy Teacher
 
Zany Orange Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: At my desk reading comics and writing lesson plans
Posts: 2,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauer536 View Post
Just saw the special preview! AWESOME!!!!

It seems that they changed the Mikey and Kraang bit. It doesn't bite his head. Instead, it just bites his arm and Mikey shakes it off making the Kraang hit a button causing some alarm to go off. I wonder why they changed it? Anyway, Leo is still badass!
I just finish it too and I agree! They showed a good amount of new footage!

I think they changed that because the version we saw was some of the first to be animated on 2k12 if I'm correct. It was practice and this is the finalized version. I really enjoyed it!

I wonder next Saturday if they will have a morning with Donatello?
__________________
Zany Orange Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:00 AM   #4035
DarkLightDragon
Mad Scientist
 
DarkLightDragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,026
Saw the sneak peak as well. It's rather funny that most of clips that were used in the commercials showed newer stuff than the sneak peak itself.

As for Biggs's Twitter comment, I've seen worser sh*t pulled by celebrities while they've done kid-oriented stuff and still got a pass (Vanessa Hudgens comes to mind). This doesn't really worry me at all and it shouldn't worry anyone else.


Also saw comic #2 and it looks like Leo caught on to my suspicions about Tengu already.
DarkLightDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:51 AM   #4036
Gyt Kaliba
Stone Warrior
 
Gyt Kaliba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 770
It's kind of sad that the Biggs thing comes out just before the premiere essentially, but that aside...I think it's pretty ridiculous for "concerned parentals" to ban the show just because of that. If their worry is that the kid is going to go on the internet and see something inappropriate because of Biggs, how about they - I dunno - do their job as parents and monitor their kids internet.

I absolutely loathe when people blame "inappropriate content" for existing rather than doing their job and protecting their kids from it, instead choosing to just let the TV and/or internet be the babysitter and having a hissyfit when that leads to something bad.
__________________
My FanFiction
Gyt Kaliba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:12 PM   #4037
Zany Orange Dude
The Little Nerdy Teacher
 
Zany Orange Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: At my desk reading comics and writing lesson plans
Posts: 2,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyt Kaliba View Post
It's kind of sad that the Biggs thing comes out just before the premiere essentially, but that aside...I think it's pretty ridiculous for "concerned parentals" to ban the show just because of that. If their worry is that the kid is going to go on the internet and see something inappropriate because of Biggs, how about they - I dunno - do their job as parents and monitor their kids internet.

I absolutely loathe when people blame "inappropriate content" for existing rather than doing their job and protecting their kids from it, instead choosing to just let the TV and/or internet be the babysitter and having a hissyfit when that leads to something bad.
So true, dude, so true. It's easier for parents to put the blame on others than themselves.
__________________
Zany Orange Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:30 PM   #4038
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauer536 View Post
Sorry. This just scares me. I have to wait after Labor Day until Nickelodeon has the 411. Honestly, I heard they finished the first 26 episodes. So if Biggs is fired (which may not happen), at least they should hire somebody that should sound like him to fill in the role for the remaining seasons. I don't think it will cancel, but now I'm worried ratings will be a lot worse for Nick because of this incident. If you want a loser, don't look at the turtle. He's just a nerd. Look at the actor. He's just a twit.
Yo. All I meant is Leonardo is now some goofy kid who tries too hard to be like his idol and that he's a better character for it. You read way too much into things.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 01:00 PM   #4039
Zany Orange Dude
The Little Nerdy Teacher
 
Zany Orange Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: At my desk reading comics and writing lesson plans
Posts: 2,292
The sneak peak is up on Nick's site for any of you guys who missed it this morning!
__________________
Zany Orange Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 01:09 PM   #4040
TurtleMaster4
Hench Mutant
 
TurtleMaster4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Some where in the Sewers of New York!
Posts: 390
Great, My favorite character played by a Jerk! I new he was like this, but this gets me real angry, sexually assaulting people jokes, religion bashing, pie rapeing (knew the last one though!). Jason, why you scruffy looking Nerf herder, i feel like slamming a billion doors in you face!

"Clint Eastwood talking to a non-responsive stool sorta sums up Christianity in a nutshell, huh Republicans?"- Jason Biggs

You know how offensive that is to me? If you don't agree with a religion, just say so, you don't have to start bashing your opinion in peoples face. Your as bad as one of those Star Wars prequel haters!!!!! Except, you have no respect of others what so ever!



Anyone see the update on the site that was posted? He deleted the rape comment, here, look what it says.

"Update 9/1: Biggs has deleted his tweet about sexually assaulting Janna Ryan, but other misogynistic tweets about her and Ann Romney remain."




Jason does have a good Leo voice, but i must admit, his actions is one thing i'm sure Leo would not approve. I hope his pay is reduced by alot.

Some one said this earlier, but the guy who played Leo in TMNT the movie, and who plays obi wan in the clone wars, I think he would be a great person to replace him, if nickelodeon chooses to do so. He seems like a good role model too. His name is James Arnold Taylor. Check out his Facebook, page, he seem like a great guy, and much more of a Leo!

Heres his Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/JATactor





I just hope Jason Biggs learn to respect people a bit more, I do think parents not letting their kids watch the show because of him is a bad idea. Instead, if their kids do learn about him, they should teach them what he said was bad, and warn them about writing stuff like that. Not ban the show from their kids!!

I'm 14, soon to be 15, so that proves some kids, (or teens if you want to be politically correct) know about him and this stuff, but i think i'm old enough to understand this, because my parents warned me about people like this. That's a parent's job to do that. And if any kid younger than me, who doesn't really get what this is all about, they should ask their parents.

Hope fully your parents arn't over critical like mine at times.

Spoiler:
When i was young I found the word incest on the official TMNT site, and asked my parent about it. they banned me off that part of the site for a while. (it was having to do with the Next Mutation) Eventually my parents let me back on the official site again but would watch what i do closely. I was about 9 at that time, so they were guarding me more. I'm not sure what they would do to me now. I use Google for any kind of word i don't know now.

Though i'm sure id be banned from the whole computer completely if they know i joined a ninja turtles forum, but that's another story.


But hey, that's what parent's are for! I've got great ones, by the way!


My point is Jason Biggs is a Jerk, but that shouldn't stop their kids from letting them watch the show!

It is a kid's show after all.

Last edited by TurtleMaster4; 09-01-2012 at 01:14 PM.
TurtleMaster4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2k12, nick


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.