The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2007, 11:06 AM   #201
Lady R. Santi
Foot Soldier
 
Lady R. Santi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: MI, USA
Posts: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCure View Post
Wow, you all are picky. So much for giving this a chance. People can sure be ungrateful.
Not ungrateful, passionate.
__________________

LadyRSanti@DeviantART
Lady R. Santi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 12:01 PM   #202
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!
 
Buslady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In 7803...
Posts: 4,366
what bess said. yeah im passionate about the turtles, i think they should not be cheapened and look like boxy green men with yellow chests and deformed calves. They're killing the cartoons with a bad look....hopefully the stories will make up for their appearance.
__________________
Buslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 12:15 PM   #203
triplexxx
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,809
How they're drawn here may appear differently on TV. The similar poses of the 2k3 look that used to be on the official site didn't appear exactly the same on TV.
__________________
Please don't shoot me Mr. Big Mike. I'm too young and good-looking to die, well too young. I got a father, I got a mother, I got a grandmother, I got a little sister...and a little brother this high (raises hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand), and little brother this high (lowers hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand) and then I got a great big brother this high (slaps gun and runs).
"Fright Night" - Three Stooges
triplexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 12:21 PM   #204
The Shelf
Mad Scientist
 
The Shelf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,031
Y'know, I actually really like the new look. It is certainly better than Fast Forward's look, I think. My only concern now is that they get some good stories and villains. I think I'm actually pretty excited about all this. I can't wait to see some more new stuff in the future.
The Shelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 12:56 PM   #205
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
How this differs from the >> design: there are 50% more angles in every bite, plus symmetry has been thrown out the window.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.


Last edited by gobo; 10-30-2007 at 01:04 PM.
gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 01:32 PM   #206
Colliwog
Foot Soldier
 
Colliwog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ohio, U.S.
Posts: 108
Well, I wasn't going to say anything, but.. I do agree, I feel that right now they look a bit too pointy and jagged. Just a little rounder would be good.
Colliwog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 01:44 PM   #207
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCure View Post
Wow, you all are picky. So much for giving this a chance. People can sure be ungrateful.
I was thinking the same exact thing and I'm not kidding this is exactly why Fast Forward didn't continue because Mirage does listen to the fans and doesn't do what it wants.
I mean the way Jim Lawson is bashed on here had the man depressed and Laird yeah wonder why vol. 4 stopped?
No matter how big you may think some one is or how godly they seem they're human and peoples comments get to them.
People forgget that these concepts and ideas for the shows come from everyone not just one person.
I mean hell I'd honestly hate to be Peter with how the fans act.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 01:58 PM   #208
Mutated Leo
Foot Soldier
 
Mutated Leo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: P-Town
Posts: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shelf View Post
Y'know, I actually really like the new look. It is certainly better than Fast Forward's look, I think. My only concern now is that they get some good stories and villains. I think I'm actually pretty excited about all this. I can't wait to see some more new stuff in the future.
You summed up my thoughts. I think we fans can be a little to critical, to early to pass judment IMO. Storys will be the make or break for me. I know Pete and company can make it work. I like the new Batman cartoon alot, not because of the designs but the stories are great. I also like the 90's version. Just don't dumb it down for the kids.
__________________


"He who lives without honor, ends without honor" ~Master Splinter
Mutated Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 02:08 PM   #209
Lady R. Santi
Foot Soldier
 
Lady R. Santi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: MI, USA
Posts: 108
Quote:
I was thinking the same exact thing and I'm not kidding this is exactly why Fast Forward didn't continue because Mirage does listen to the fans and doesn't do what it wants.
I mean the way Jim Lawson is bashed on here had the man depressed and Laird yeah wonder why vol. 4 stopped?
No matter how big you may think some one is or how godly they seem they're human and peoples comments get to them.
People forgget that these concepts and ideas for the shows come from everyone not just one person. I mean hell I'd honestly hate to be Peter with how the fans act.
Hmm...then maybe we should just shut the forum down and not discuss the turtles at all? Because last I knew, they were giving us information, voluntarily. And I don't think they'd do that if they expected we'd just sit mum and ponder. Forgive me for sounding like a smart ass but seriously... I'm here to discuss, toss ideas and share thoughts. No one here is forcing anyone at Mirage to do anything. They call their own shots. I mean, goodness knows they haven't used any of my ideas!

To be quite honest it's kind of weirding me out that they keep throwing these tidbits at us. But...*shrugs* Take it and run I guess.
__________________

LadyRSanti@DeviantART
Lady R. Santi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 02:45 PM   #210
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
no kidding, I'm getting a bit tired of it as well. I mean damn. I didn't like FF, I didn't like the whole futuristic thing. FF wasn't to my tastes so I want the turtles back in present time New York. From what I have read of the new revamp it is the closest thing to the 2k3 as we are going to get, which makes me happy. Just so long as they get away from the character simplification and get back to developing their characters I'll be happy.

I will agree however that the way the turtles look in the preliminary art sketch looks just about the same as it was in Fast Forward. Except they are back to their normal ninja gear. However It does seem that these turtles will go back to the darker color tones of 2k3 which is probably what alot of people are really pleased about.
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 03:10 PM   #211
jenna
Mad Scientist
 
jenna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cambridge, UK
Posts: 1,190
Personally I will reserve judgement until I see the finished product but I do want to say this:

When you look at fan works: art, comics and fictions, it is amazingly evident how some incredibly talented people really get the essence of the turtles. Look at the comic Masked Ninja did where Mike ties the dude to the side of a roof, look at Bess Hudson's art and Lucy Too's writing on fanfiction.net.

It really comes to something when the fan works are BETTER and more honest to the original concept than the official works.

That is all I have to say at this time, except that I welcome a Turtles design with pupils.
jenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 03:17 PM   #212
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
but unlike fans the people at 4kids are under restrictions on how they can present and write the turtles do to execs and cemsorship laws.
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 03:19 PM   #213
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
One wonders what the secondary characters (Splinter, Casey, April) will look like. Heck, how's Bishop gonna fair?
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 03:25 PM   #214
odupianist
Mad Scientist
 
odupianist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,744
Quote:
No matter how big you may think some one is or how godly they seem they're human and peoples comments get to them.
And they have to remember that while yes, we're fans, most of us are just offering constructive criticism (or at least I'd like to think most of us are). They have to realize that we're just the peanut gallery and they dont have to do everything we say and what we say is nonsense sometimes.
odupianist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 03:28 PM   #215
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by odupianist View Post
And they have to remember that while yes, we're fans, most of us are just offering constructive criticism (or at least I'd like to think most of us are). They have to realize that we're just the peanut gallery and they dont have to do everything we say and what we say is nonsense sometimes.
There's a differnce between being Constructive & Destructive.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 03:54 PM   #216
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
There is? O_o Well, I'll be danged...
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 04:45 PM   #217
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buslady View Post
too many sharp edges, what shape in his shell? square?? Leo's feet look funny, and his head is too small. Eyes or no, I don't care. As long as we can see eyes without their mask I don't care. why do they have to draw their necks like they're a separate piece? it looks like he has a collar, they've always done that tho. If they're trying to add a few movie elements, where the bridge on his shell? You can see his sides like before, in the movies they had bridges. Plastron is too small, looks like it's slapped on there to cover their front and man bits. Muscles are not sharp edged; lookit the shoulders, come on! gimem a break, they should be rounded, the arms smooth and curved with the musculature. I dunno, they're ruining their look. I know this is prelim art, I hope they smooth them out for the finals.
Here's an idea, since your oh so knowledgeable on good cartoon character designs, budgeting, and show business. How about you re-draw how they should look in a way that's cost effective for the new series budget and do a better job then that. While your at it since your such a scholar animate the entire series and write all the episodes.

Passionate or not your senseless whining*And it is senseless* is never ending and annoying. The only thing lately passionate about turtles to you it seems is complaining about everything they do, frankly I'm sick of hearing it. You haven't said one positive thing I can recall about the series since FF started. You don't want to be happy, you need something to complain about.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 05:03 PM   #218
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!
 
Buslady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In 7803...
Posts: 4,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire666xXxXx View Post
Here's an idea, since your oh so knowledgeable on good cartoon character designs, budgeting, and show business. How about you re-draw how they should look in a way that's cost effective for the new series budget and do a better job then that. While your at it since your such a scholar animate the entire series and write all the episodes.

Passionate or not your senseless whining*And it is senseless* is never ending and annoying. The only thing lately passionate about turtles to you it seems is complaining about everything they do, frankly I'm sick of hearing it. You haven't said one positive thing I can recall about the series since FF started. You don't want to be happy, you need something to complain about.

Last time I check this is the United States and I have the right to Freedom of Speech, I am expressing my opinions. If you don't like it, oh well.

Just because this is what they wanna put out, low quality art, doesnt mean I can't criticize it; I am fully away that it is a preliminary drawing, I can still point out what I don't like about it.

Don't read my posts if you don't like what I want to say.
__________________
Buslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 05:19 PM   #219
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
I'm just sickened that they give you exactly what you asked for at the sacrifice of budget and you complain about it. It's because of fans like you they canceled FF, and they did it to bring you this, after much debate. Yet you still throw the book at them.

Seriously your entitled to your opinion but it comes off as rather ungrateful.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 05:25 PM   #220
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,111
I am honestly embarrassed at the level of whining I've seen in the last two days. Really guys, it's a cartoon.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.