The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2014, 01:04 PM   #201
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill
 
Netkeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas, but not for much longer
Posts: 3,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Mewtwo
Don't remind me of how much I want him back.
__________________
Netkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 03:03 PM   #202
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
There is literally a 0% chance that Lucinia is a costume for Marth. If you think that, you haven't been paying attention.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 04:05 PM   #203
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
I think Cybercubed and sdp are brothers or some ****.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 04:35 PM   #204
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Gotta say though, Nintendo certainly knows how to put on a show. I found the Palutena (who I don't care about) and FE newcomers (who I never heard of) exciting even though they weren't about announcing someone I'd like.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 05:20 PM   #205
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,811
The problem is Sakurai ignores highly requested characters like Ridley, King K. Rool or Dixie Kong, any new Zelda character and instead puts in his favorites.

If anyone else was in charge of Smash there's no way Donkey Kong would only have 2 playable characters and there would be a new Zelda character playable. Not to mention Ridley who people have been clamoring for since Melee.

If none of these characters make it in it'll be quite bizarre. Donkey Kong and Zelda deserve new characters, as does Metroid.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 10:22 PM   #206
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
The problem is people whine for sh*t for absolutely no reason. THOSE CHARACTERS ARE AWFUL AND/OR MAKE NO SENSE!!!

Dixie has ZERO abilities outside of her dumb f*cking hair, K. Rool has been reduced to a foot note and RIDLEY IS A GIANT MONSTER!

Shut the f*ck up about those characters already! You've been beating this autistic f*cking drum everytime they announce a new character. Just. Shut. Up.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 11:55 PM   #207
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill
 
Netkeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas, but not for much longer
Posts: 3,645
...I want Ridley in Smash, tho.
__________________
Netkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 12:32 AM   #208
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite
 
TheBlueTurtle1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 2,891
I am really hoping we get a new DK rep, Dixie or K rool would be great. I still really want Balloon Fighter.
__________________


http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 09:58 AM   #209
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
The problem is people whine for sh*t for absolutely no reason. THOSE CHARACTERS ARE AWFUL AND/OR MAKE NO SENSE!!!

Dixie has ZERO abilities outside of her dumb f*cking hair, K. Rool has been reduced to a foot note and RIDLEY IS A GIANT MONSTER!
.
These are the most requested characters virtually anywhere. IGN, Neogaf, Gamefaqs, Kotaku, Smashbros forums, any Nintendo forum, etc. I visit them all and the opinions are the same on each.

Ridley is hands down the most wanted character in Smash Bros. And as for Donkey Kong people have always wanted a third rep, and either Dixie or King K. Rool make obvious choices. If Fire Emblem can get 4 playable characters it is absurd that Donkey Kong only gets two, especially when you consider how much the Donkey Kong franchise as a whole has sold.

I honestly cannot think of any other characters as highly requested as these. People also want another Zelda character, but its not as high as those.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 12:19 PM   #210
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill
 
Netkeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas, but not for much longer
Posts: 3,645
Everybody knows Cranky Kong would be the best Donkey Kong rep for Smash Bros.

CRANKY KONG FOR SSB4!!!
__________________
Netkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 12:40 PM   #211
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Ridley as a playable character just sounds too iffy, he is huuge and flies for the most part. He'd fit better as a boss monster like Master Hand.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 02:03 PM   #212
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
These are the most requested characters virtually anywhere. IGN, Neogaf, Gamefaqs, Kotaku, Smashbros forums, any Nintendo forum, etc. I visit them all and the opinions are the same on each.

Ridley is hands down the most wanted character in Smash Bros. And as for Donkey Kong people have always wanted a third rep, and either Dixie or King K. Rool make obvious choices. If Fire Emblem can get 4 playable characters it is absurd that Donkey Kong only gets two, especially when you consider how much the Donkey Kong franchise as a whole has sold.

I honestly cannot think of any other characters as highly requested as these. People also want another Zelda character, but its not as high as those.
Just because people want them doesn't mean that they're good or interesting choices. At ALL. If the "most wanted" characters were the ones who got in the roster would consist of Shadow and Goku.

Also, incredibly telling that you visit all of those places.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 02:08 PM   #213
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
Just because people want them doesn't mean that they're good or interesting choices. At ALL. If the "most wanted" characters were the ones who got in the roster would consist of Shadow and Goku.

Also, incredibly telling that you visit all of those places.
I had a look at the Smash Miiverse once. Shadow the Hedgehog and Goku were literally the only requests that had more than two people requesting them. And they all had several thousand "Yeah!"s

Of course I'm convinced that Miiverse is almost entirely little kids and adults without higher cognitive functions.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 07:25 PM   #214
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Ridley as a playable character just sounds too iffy, he is huuge and flies for the most part. He'd fit better as a boss monster like Master Hand.
Ridley can be made the same size as Charizard. None of the characters in Smash are to scale. Pikachu is almost the same size as a human in Smash, in the games/anime Pikachu is barely a foot tall. Olimar is the size of a quarter in the Pikmin universe.

As for me, I do think Ridley and Dixie Kong are the most likely newcomers. While I would like to see King K. Rool, his lack of appearances in the new games hurts his chances.

I'd also be really surprised if we don't get any new Zelda character, since we didn't get one back in Brawl. Although given Sakurai apparently has a bias against the Zelda franchise it wouldn't surprise me if we don't.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 07:34 PM   #215
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
Hyrule Warriors has proven every Zelda character besides the main three is dumb. You want that dumb bug bitch from Twilight Princess?
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 07:34 PM   #216
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
WHAT ZELDA CHARACTER!? Hyrule Warriors is proving there ARE NONE THAT MATTER! They broke Zelda and Sheik into two different characters now. Isn't that good enough!?
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 07:54 PM   #217
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,811
Impa or a villain would be the most likely. Even pig Ganon in his 2D look (like from A Link to the Past or A Link Between Worlds), as a playable character would be good. The final Smash of Twilight Princess Ganon should be removed.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 01:55 AM   #218
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill
 
Netkeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas, but not for much longer
Posts: 3,645
When people say "another Zelda character" the only one that ever comes to mind is Wolf Link tbh. [But I say this as somebody only passingly familiar with the franchise as I am legendarily bad at LoZ games.]

Or I've been playing too much UMVC3 and really like how Amaterasu handles.
__________________
Netkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 06:55 AM   #219
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
WHAT ZELDA CHARACTER!? Hyrule Warriors is proving there ARE NONE THAT MATTER! They broke Zelda and Sheik into two different characters now. Isn't that good enough!?
Y'idunno man, those Hyrule Warriors character trailers are gettin' me warm. Again, like the Smash trailers, I don't even know anybody who's playable outside of Link, Zelda, and Midna, and I'm still excited as hell. Heck, I actually thought they made up Impa for this game - and then I thought she was a dude - 'cause I'd never seen her before.

But still, I can't imagine anyone outside of the Triforce Trinity being in Smash.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 09:16 AM   #220
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
Oh, I'm totally in on Hyrule Warriors. I've become a convert to the TecmoKoei Muso games that are based on things I actually like. I've had no end of enjoyment from the One Piece Pirate Warriors series, because it's pure fan service, it's completely over the top and it's relaxing to beat the **** out of thousands of dudes. And because of that I totally want to play Hyrule Warriors.

But, what does f*cking Agitha mean to Zelda...I mean, f*cking seriously?
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
amiibo, layton is stupid, peanut, rayman a sh*t, who cares about ridley


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.