The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2012, 02:01 PM   #221
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior
 
sgtfbomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Internet
Posts: 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
Of course not. I'm not saying they should be flying and have ice powers but I'm just saying that deflecting bullets with the shell isn't THAT nuts in context. I mean, they ARE from another dimension.
I honestly didn't have much of a problem with that scene. Though, they did way too much with their shells.
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 02:01 PM   #222
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
I dunno, flying turtles with ice powers sounds pretty cool.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 02:06 PM   #223
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
if some turtles carapace can withstand an crocodile/alligator attack, a humanoid turtle being able to deflect bullets with their carapace, at least for a few rounds isn't that far out.

one of the turtle using another turtle as a shied thought... caring brother indeed.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 02:19 PM   #224
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior
 
sgtfbomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Internet
Posts: 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
one of the turtle using another turtle as a shied thought... caring brother indeed.
Would if they missed?
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 06:47 PM   #225
Xav
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
I'd be fine with them being random thugs. Where do you find thousands of expendable ninjas anyway?
I dunno where do you find an army of mutant turtle warriors? I thought you didn't care about realism?

Last edited by Xav; 08-26-2012 at 08:19 PM.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 06:48 PM   #226
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
I dunno where do you find an army of mutant turtle warriors?
Dimension X, durrrrrr.
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:08 PM   #227
Slade
god status
 
Slade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 3,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
I'd be fine with them being random thugs. Where do you find thousands of expendable ninjas anyway?

Or robots. Robots would be cool.
The Flyweight division in MMA.

Really though a good mix of random thugs, ninjas and robots wouldn't be to bad actually.
__________________
Do not concern yourself with what I've already done: rather tremble at the thought of what I am about to do.
Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth.
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=48140
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:13 PM   #228
Broc Longstaff
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
I dunno, flying turtles with ice powers sounds pretty cool.
Haha I agree
Broc Longstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:35 PM   #229
Xav
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
Dimension X, durrrrrr.
And that's somehow more realistic than ninjas?
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:49 PM   #230
n-zero
Foot Soldier
 
n-zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross Campbell View Post
yeah but who cares? who cares what they think? the good TMNT stuff will still be good, why does it matter if John Q. Public or whatever sees the new TMNT movie? it won't affect the new show, the new comic, and definitely not the good older material. i don't see why it matters. Batman & Robin didn't make the good Batman stuff stupider, Batman's doing just fine.

The dangerous thing is if its intensely profitable garbage. If that's the case, then we could see corporate mandate forcing changes from the movie onto the IDW series and the Nickelodeon cartoon. Bumblebee being mute has become cannon across all current Transformers cartoons and video games, for example.
n-zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:04 PM   #231
Zany Orange Dude
The Little Nerdy Teacher
 
Zany Orange Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: At my desk reading comics and writing lesson plans
Posts: 2,292
That script is horrendous! I hope they do a major revamp on that thing!
__________________
Zany Orange Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:05 PM   #232
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
And that's somehow more realistic than ninjas?
In the context of that script? Yeah a little.

I'd prefer robots though. Also I don't think you understood what I was talking about before. Not saying anything about realism. Just that an army of fully trained ninjas in this day and age is silly too.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph_tha_Dude View Post
The Flyweight division in MMA.
Demetrious Johnson ain't scaring nobody son!
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:14 PM   #233
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
Just that an army of fully trained ninjas in this day and age is silly too.
True, but Black Ops government ish is so played out. I think it'd be cool if they were more of a Yakuza type gang.

Robots are neato too though.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:17 PM   #234
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
The Yakuza angle would be a good way to modernize the Yoshi portion of the origin actually.
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:58 PM   #235
Slade
god status
 
Slade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 3,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
Demetrious Johnson ain't scaring nobody son!
How about 10 of him in ninja outfits?


The Yakuza stuff I could get behind.
__________________
Do not concern yourself with what I've already done: rather tremble at the thought of what I am about to do.
Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth.
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=48140
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:35 PM   #236
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross Campbell View Post
yeah but who cares? who cares what they think? the good TMNT stuff will still be good, why does it matter if John Q. Public or whatever sees the new TMNT movie? it won't affect the new show, the new comic, and definitely not the good older material. i don't see why it matters. Batman & Robin didn't make the good Batman stuff stupider, Batman's doing just fine.
Yeah but Batman and Robin was so hated that it took the studio almost 10 years and several reboot attempts to salvage the franchise. They pretty much had to wait for the public to forget how awful the last movie was. Not saying that will happen here but I care if this new film is like this and makes money. It sends the message they can put no thought or effort into something and make a profit.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:06 AM   #237
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Yeah but Batman and Robin was so hated that it took the studio almost 10 years and several reboot attempts to salvage the franchise. They pretty much had to wait for the public to forget how awful the last movie was. Not saying that will happen here but I care if this new film is like this and makes money. It sends the message they can put no thought or effort into something and make a profit.
You do realize they actually planned to make a Batman 5 with Scarecrow after Batman and Robin? And no, I don't mean Nolan's Scarecrow.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:20 AM   #238
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
They planned a lot of things and none of them happened because the time wasn't right. They only started writing that because they liked the dailies of Batman and Robin. When the film got panned they trashed the idea. Then they planned a Batman Beyond film, TKR, a movie called DarKnight about Manbat and Scarecrow, Joel tried proposing a Year One film and so did several others, let's not forget Batman Vs Superman, and even Darren Aronofsky mused up an awful take on Batman that involved him living in a junkyard.

It effectively killed the franchise. And the fact the studio execs thought it looked awesome further proves how out of touch they are.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 03:16 AM   #239
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
It effectively killed the franchise.
Uh-huh, that's why there were no Batman comics or DCAU shows for years after...ooooohhhh
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 03:28 AM   #240
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
I'm sure he's talking about the movie franchise.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
depressing, gay


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.