The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2012, 10:06 AM   #241
prophecy718
Hench Mutant
 
prophecy718's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York City
Posts: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redmage1987 View Post
It's available for Pre-Order on Amazon now for anyone who wants to do so.

http://www.amazon.com/Teenage-Mutant...8704750&sr=8-2

yeah...it was posted already on the same page lol......
prophecy718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 01:20 PM   #242
Xaryen
Random Punk
 
Xaryen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotix12345 View Post
This is awesome! I'd been wondering when season 10 would be released! That said- I have to catch up and get seasons 6-9!!

Does anyone think there'll be a Complete Series set? I'm kinda tempted to hold off on completing my collection and wait and see. If that's the case I'll gladly sell my seasons 1-5 and get the Series set!
Xaryen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 01:32 PM   #243
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,791
They probably aren't going to release a complete series set anytime soon if ever.

Might as well buy the DVDs rather than waiting for something that may not even happen.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:41 PM   #244
Darth Knuckles
Stone Warrior
 
Darth Knuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Mutani-Isle
Posts: 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotix12345 View Post
Nope, 'fraid not. My money is already occupied with purchasing smaller, more articulated hedgehog, turtle, and spandex hero replicas.
Oh okay I thought you might be someone I knew from another website.

Back on topic I am really excited about the two missing episodes being included. I was bummed that Turtle Tips was left off but like others on this forum I e-mailed Lionsgate about that issue just to give my two cents about it. Still overall really happy though.
__________________
"Shredder, what have you done!?!" - Tiger Claw (Annihilation: Earth!)
Darth Knuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:58 PM   #245
Stingray69
Stone Warrior
 
Stingray69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Knuckles View Post
Oh okay I thought you might be someone I knew from another website.

Back on topic I am really excited about the two missing episodes being included. I was bummed that Turtle Tips was left off but like others on this forum I e-mailed Lionsgate about that issue just to give my two cents about it. Still overall really happy though.
Do they even own the rights to the tips though?
__________________
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.


Looking to buy old Kool aid flavors no longer produced.
Stingray69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 04:39 PM   #246
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray69 View Post
Do they even own the rights to the tips though?
Don't see why not. They were still produced by FW, right?
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 04:43 PM   #247
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,791
The special features said "subject to change," which means there might be still time to add the Turtle Tips before the DVDs go into mass production.

PLEASE e-mail them nicely and remind them of the Turtle Tip shorts.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 04:44 PM   #248
Toby Barrett
Stone Warrior
 
Toby Barrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 946
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
They probably aren't going to release a complete series set anytime soon if ever.

Might as well buy the DVDs rather than waiting for something that may not even happen.
I don't like the series enough to spend my money on a mismatched group of dvds sets.
Toby Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 04:59 PM   #249
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray69 View Post
Do they even own the rights to the tips though?
Oddly enough, Lionsgate has never forced YouTube's hand to pull down all those Tips videos... as far as I know.
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:48 PM   #250
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby Barrett View Post
I don't like the series enough to spend my money on a mismatched group of dvds sets.
Series is fun. And the DVDs are hardly "mismatched."

The only problem was 2 skipped episodes. The Euro eps on the Season 7 set. That's it really.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:27 PM   #251
tmnt transformer
Stone Warrior
 
tmnt transformer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Okoto
Posts: 757
Question, Why dose Mikey have a nunchuck in his hands????He didn't have them in the final season.
tmnt transformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:49 PM   #252
Gyt Kaliba
Stone Warrior
 
Gyt Kaliba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmnt transformer View Post
Question, Why dose Mikey have a nunchuck in his hands????He didn't have them in the final season.
Probably whoever drew the cover for this set didn't even think about that fact and just went 'Mikey has nunchaku, let's do this' mentally. I mean, the cover's definitely a newer drawing isn't it? Sure doesn't look like any old artwork for the show.

Now that this set is coming out and is gonna give us the skipped episodes - along with Wal-mart's AWESOME new method for online ordering - I'm finally gonna be able to start picking these sets up soon. I can't wait.
__________________
My FanFiction
Gyt Kaliba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:04 PM   #253
Stingray69
Stone Warrior
 
Stingray69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyt Kaliba View Post
Probably whoever drew the cover for this set didn't even think about that fact and just went 'Mikey has nunchaku, let's do this' mentally. I mean, the cover's definitely a newer drawing isn't it? Sure doesn't look like any old artwork for the show.

Now that this set is coming out and is gonna give us the skipped episodes - along with Wal-mart's AWESOME new method for online ordering - I'm finally gonna be able to start picking these sets up soon. I can't wait.
Or Its because the nunchucks are his signature weapons and thats people remember him with and want to see him with.
__________________
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.


Looking to buy old Kool aid flavors no longer produced.
Stingray69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:12 PM   #254
Gyt Kaliba
Stone Warrior
 
Gyt Kaliba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray69 View Post
Or Its because the nunchucks are his signature weapons and thats people remember him with and want to see him with.
Well, yeah. That too. I figured that part went without saying though.
__________________
My FanFiction
Gyt Kaliba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 02:53 PM   #255
Mr. Orange
Random Punk
 
Mr. Orange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: N/A
Posts: 41
I sincerely hope we get a complete series release, only because I stopped buying the volumes fairly early because I was upset with the manner in which they were being released. I later learned some of the reasons behind the odd releases, but I'm still not incredibly satisfied.

I'm pretty picky when buying DVDs anyway, and I especially don't like buying volumes. That's why I'm also not particularly happy Lionsgate has the newest Power Rangers series also.
Mr. Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 03:09 PM   #256
Cipher
Foot Elite
 
Cipher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,454
Everyone here realizes how unlikely a nearly 200-episode complete series set is, right? The current release already spreads the series out over more than 20 discs, and even that's pushing it. A complete series would have to be so cumbersome and expensive, there's no way they'd be able to market it.

At best, I could see half- or one-third-series sets. Although as far as I know, all the Lionsgate volumes are still readily available, so I don't predict it in the near future.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 03:16 PM   #257
Mr. Orange
Random Punk
 
Mr. Orange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: N/A
Posts: 41
I'd hoped they'd decide to go back at least and correct the releases for boxsets. Of course you'd have to include season one and two in one set.
Mr. Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 03:17 PM   #258
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
By my calculations, all 193 half-hours of the series and no extras would take no less than 21 dual-layer DVDs and 1 single... unless they compress the hell out of 'em, like they did with volumes 2-6. Just FYI...
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 03:26 PM   #259
Cipher
Foot Elite
 
Cipher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
By my calculations, all 193 half-hours of the series and no extras would take no less than 21 dual-layer DVDs and 1 single... unless they compress the hell out of 'em, like they did with volumes 2-6. Just FYI...
Yeah, that's what I was saying. The current release of the series is already massive, and that's with an ungodly 12 or 13 episodes on some discs (which suffered accordingly). There's just no way to shrink this thing down into a single, marketable set. This is a huge, huge series, and they'd have to price it so high they'd be putting off all but the most fanatic potential buyers.

Yes, complete-series sets are inherently aimed at niche fanbases and are usually priced accordingly, but even then, they usually strive to stay under the 15-disc, $100 range to keep things reasonable.

We may see some compressed re-releases in the future, but don't get your hopes up for an all-in-one.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:11 PM   #260
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Orange View Post
I'd hoped they'd decide to go back at least and correct the releases for boxsets. Of course you'd have to include season one and two in one set.
What are they supposed to correct? The only thing they messed up with was the two skipped episodes.

Its not like they knew where the Euro Vacation episodes really took place, even Mirage's official website listed them as Season 7 eps.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.