The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2015, 05:53 PM   #241
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!
 
Bry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
You only needed to be slightly on the ball to preorder Ness in Canada. EB was taking preorders for close to three straight days in-store. It remains to be seen if all of those are honored, but if they are it really is on you for not keeping up. If you really wanted him you'd at least check in daily, let alone over an entire long weekend.
Ha, I haven't been following it as closely as you guys - I only saw that Ness was even coming out a few days ago, honestly. The last Amiibo I bought was a sole Mega Man I happened to find on a store shelf, and that was a week or so ago.

I mean, I get it - some of these are limited and if you snooze, you lose. They're similar to a lot of other collector stuff I'd be all over if it wasn't a struggle to find and get them, or you had to follow their release schedule super closely, but things being as they are I pretty much have to forget about it. It is what it is, right?

Mostly I just wish Nintendo would produce more Earthbound stuff, though. Is this basically it?
__________________

Last edited by Bry; 04-06-2015 at 06:22 PM.
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 07:41 PM   #242
Skylanders fan
Foot Soldier
 
Skylanders fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: O'Fallon Missouri
Posts: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
Ha, I haven't been following it as closely as you guys - I only saw that Ness was even coming out a few days ago, honestly. The last Amiibo I bought was a sole Mega Man I happened to find on a store shelf, and that was a week or so ago.

I mean, I get it - some of these are limited and if you snooze, you lose. They're similar to a lot of other collector stuff I'd be all over if it wasn't a struggle to find and get them, or you had to follow their release schedule super closely, but things being as they are I pretty much have to forget about it. It is what it is, right?

Mostly I just wish Nintendo would produce more Earthbound stuff, though. Is this basically it?
this would be the first ness figure in usa but hope you find him I wish i could help will let you know if i ever see him in the wild and would pick him up
__________________
Skylanders fan on dark spyro fourms
Skylanders fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 09:47 PM   #243
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
Mostly I just wish Nintendo would produce more Earthbound stuff, though. Is this basically it?
Yeah, it pretty much is. There was a small amount of Mother 2 merch in Japan, but absolutely zero in North America. Hopefully the success of Earthbound on the NA VC, the insane popularity of the Ness Amiibo, and the clamoring (and now confirmation) for the return of Lucas in Smash is a big step towards a Mother 3 release in NA at the very least. I think you're sh*t out of luck on Ness. EB oversold him like crazy over the weekend and if all the recent talk is to be believed they're getting ready to send out mass cancellations, so they already won't be able to fulfill orders, let alone have enough to cover walk-ins. It's sh*t trying to get Amiibo, no doubt. Hopefully the continued clusterf*ck that are store exclusives is left behind after yet another string of disasters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylanders fan View Post
this would be the first ness figure in usa but hope you find him I wish i could help will let you know if i ever see him in the wild and would pick him up
lol. Store exclusive Amiibo in the wild. What a wonderful world that would be.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 02:16 PM   #244
Skylanders fan
Foot Soldier
 
Skylanders fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: O'Fallon Missouri
Posts: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
Yeah, it pretty much is. There was a small amount of Mother 2 merch in Japan, but absolutely zero in North America. Hopefully the success of Earthbound on the NA VC, the insane popularity of the Ness Amiibo, and the clamoring (and now confirmation) for the return of Lucas in Smash is a big step towards a Mother 3 release in NA at the very least. I think you're sh*t out of luck on Ness. EB oversold him like crazy over the weekend and if all the recent talk is to be believed they're getting ready to send out mass cancellations, so they already won't be able to fulfill orders, let alone have enough to cover walk-ins. It's sh*t trying to get Amiibo, no doubt. Hopefully the continued clusterf*ck that are store exclusives is left behind after yet another string of disasters.



lol. Store exclusive Amiibo in the wild. What a wonderful world that would be.
agreed but i actualy got my lucario in the wild so it can happen but not likely
__________________
Skylanders fan on dark spyro fourms
Skylanders fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 09:43 PM   #245
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Guys
Guys
This is important
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Sonic...p2047675.l2557
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 09:56 PM   #246
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
They're sold out! Why would you dangle that in front of me?!
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 09:57 PM   #247
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
Well, now my collection will always be considered incomplete. F*ck.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 11:07 PM   #248
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Eh they'll probably restock eventually. If I get one I'll also get a Sonic and make him look like he does in Sonic Boom and put them next to each other, then take LOTS of photos of them.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 02:09 PM   #249
Skylanders fan
Foot Soldier
 
Skylanders fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: O'Fallon Missouri
Posts: 109
I'm shocked I haven't seen to many mega man customs
__________________
Skylanders fan on dark spyro fourms
Skylanders fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 08:14 PM   #250
Brodie
Certified Teacher
 
Brodie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Bizarro Metropolis
Posts: 6,495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Eh they'll probably restock eventually. If I get one I'll also get a Sonic and make him look like he does in Sonic Boom and put them next to each other, then take LOTS of photos of them.
I wish I could 'like' posts.
__________________
Brodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 09:36 PM   #251
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
Mass cancellations at EB Games in Canada tonight/tomorrow are incoming. I got an e-mail stating my pre-order for Ness was cancelled, despite having made the order online long before their idiotic three day long in-store preorder disaster. Upon further inspection it seems they mistakenly thought the single Ness duplicate order (which I cancelled day of) was still valid in my account and sent me a needless cancellation e-mail. My online orders still show my Ness, Pac-Man and Wario order as confirmed and awaiting release, so hopefully I'm good.

Apparently the majority of the cancellations were for Robin/Lucina preorders, which thankfully I got at Amazon instead. Word is both are incredibly short stocked to the point of certain stores not even receiving a single shipment of either. I feel like they're going to be absolutely impossible for people to find.

F*cking Amiibo stress, gang. My Gold Mario shipped from Best Buy; the place that absolutely destroyed my Meta Knight in the laziest and most intentionally destroyed shipment I have ever received. I hope it isn't completely destroyed, but I think my fiance is gonna do some early morning rounds at Wal-Mart and TRU to see if she can pick me up a backup tomorrow.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 10:02 PM   #252
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,176
Is there a website that sells common amiibo for retail price? Like I've mentioned the only amiibo you find where I live is Luigi/Peach so anyone not named them for retail price would be nice. I'd rather not have to pay rape prices where I live if I can find them online.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 10:06 PM   #253
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
Pretty much anywhere that sells Amiibo sells the commons at retail. Some places even sell the ultra commons for like $10.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 10:34 PM   #254
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill
 
Netkeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas, but not for much longer
Posts: 3,645
Toys R Us' website sometimes has sales or buy some get more for a discount kind of deals going on, so that'd be my first suggestion to look if you want to buy multiple commons online.
__________________
Netkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 10:45 PM   #255
Memphis
Stone Warrior
 
Memphis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
That's the best thing I ever saw!
__________________
I am a rock, not just another grain of sand.

Looking for MOC Dino figures. PM me if you're selling! *Already have Ankyl Leo*
Memphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 10:51 PM   #256
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,176
Well I forgot to mention "ships internationally" most websites actually don't...
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 11:26 PM   #257
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Well I forgot to mention "ships internationally" most websites actually don't...
All of the regular Japanese import sites sell at retail, but shipping will usually catch you. You could always use a forwarding service as well, but again, extra cost. Other than that I don't know what to tell you.

Anyways, today my fiance and Mom hit TRU about 30 minutes after it opened and said there were still a buuuunch of Gold Mario around, so many that TRU actually had a 2 per customer limit instead of 1. They both got one, one for me and one for my nephew. Later in the afternoon my Best Buy Gold Mario showed up, in an absolutely gigantic box that was heavily stuffed with paper, which tells me they got absolutely reamed over the Meta Knight situation. I went out later on and there were STILL Gold Mario sitting at a TRU I went to. Amiiboswap is absolutely full of people trying to pawn off GM, but his value is near zero already. I like how an Amiibo stamped with actual "limited edition" branding is as easy to find as a common, but regular Amiibo in the normal lines are impossible to even PREORDER. What the f*ck, Nintendo?

Also, I don't think it looks all that great. The red platform looks bad with the gold and the packaging is pretty ugly, like the rest of the SMB line. Mario himself looks OK, but his finish isn't anywhere near as impressive (surprise) as their promotional material would have you believe. I do really like the stamp on the box, but that's about it.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 01:33 AM   #258
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill
 
Netkeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas, but not for much longer
Posts: 3,645
I'm not too incredibly surprised. It's still Mario, after all. Glad I didn't give a damn about it.
__________________
Netkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 01:31 PM   #259
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Wait...Gold Mario isn't exclusive to Walmart anymore?
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 02:04 PM   #260
Skylanders fan
Foot Soldier
 
Skylanders fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: O'Fallon Missouri
Posts: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
Wait...Gold Mario isn't exclusive to Walmart anymore?
only in usa he is lke all the other exscluisves why did ninitendo have to screw us
__________________
Skylanders fan on dark spyro fourms
Skylanders fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
amiibo, peanut


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.