The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2014, 01:18 PM   #261
JTH
"ME"
 
JTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,660
Got my copy today.

Awesome. Awesome. Awesome!

No Turtles' fan should be without this book.

Andrew, pat yourself on the back for me, and then you can do it again if you like.

You've done the Turtles and their fans proud.
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 01:23 PM   #262
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Andrew,

I will be posting an amazon review (I post lost of reviews actually, so this was already planned!), I just need more time to look through the book so I can give an honest review. Thanks again for this awesome tome!
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 01:47 PM   #263
shawnoen
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 16
Sadly, had to give the book a poor review on Amazon. Book itself looks beautiful but the Amazon packaging is horrible.

I've ordered the book twice now and both times some or all of the corners have arrived completely flattened.

My second copy arrived like this today:



One of the corners actually put a hole in the box itself....

shawnoen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 01:50 PM   #264
Stugehen
Foot Soldier
 
Stugehen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnoen View Post
Sadly, had to give the book a poor review on Amazon. Book itself looks beautiful but the Amazon packaging is horrible.

I've ordered the book twice now and both times some or all of the corners have arrived completely flattened.

My second copy arrived like this today:

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/c...ps29894031.jpg

One of the corners actually put a hole in the box itself....

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/c...ps6853b1ab.jpg
Wow that's awful! Mine came from Amazon with about 4x's that amount of bubble wrap.
__________________
Stugehen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 01:50 PM   #265
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Hey shawn,

I'm looking at your pics but I'm not seeing the problem? You say they are flattened... obviously that box has some damage, but the corners don't look that damaged? Can you take pics from another angle, maybe?

Sorry that it happened to you. Just trying to understand just how bad the damage is. It looks acceptable to me.

I mean heck even if you walked into a bookstore and bought one off the shelf you may not get perfect condition. That's just books for you.

Amazon is not the place to order if you want mint condition on anything... doesn't matter the item. they def could have packed it better though.

Think of it this way... ordering books on amazon gets you a big discount... 30% in this case. So in trade don't expect perfection?
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 01:52 PM   #266
xChri5x
Stone Warrior
 
xChri5x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 901
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnoen View Post
Sadly, had to give the book a poor review on Amazon. Book itself looks beautiful but the Amazon packaging is horrible.

I've ordered the book twice now and both times some or all of the corners have arrived completely flattened.

My second copy arrived like this today:

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/c...ps29894031.jpg

One of the corners actually put a hole in the box itself....

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/c...ps6853b1ab.jpg
The book looks perfectly fine. Stop being so damn picky.
__________________
xChri5x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 02:00 PM   #267
shawnoen
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by xChri5x View Post
The book looks perfectly fine. Stop being so damn picky.
Yes, I'm sure this would be perfectly acceptable to you. Only one corner was like this with the second order that arrived today. First order it three corners.



shawnoen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 02:00 PM   #268
Green Machine
Hench Mutant
 
Green Machine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnoen View Post
Sadly, had to give the book a poor review on Amazon. Book itself looks beautiful but the Amazon packaging is horrible.

I've ordered the book twice now and both times some or all of the corners have arrived completely flattened.

My second copy arrived like this today:

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/c...ps29894031.jpg

One of the corners actually put a hole in the box itself....

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/c...ps6853b1ab.jpg
You gave the book a poor review because of shipping damage?
Green Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 02:02 PM   #269
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
thanks for the pics from a different angle.

Well... all i'm gonna say right now is, if I received that... i'd just bend them back and not care. it's a book... it's gonna get some wear and tear.

But... that's just me.

Final advice... enjoy the contents, don't worry about those bends so much. Life is short!
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 02:04 PM   #270
shawnoen
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 16
I'd of loved to bend it back and not waste a minute more on it but the cover was actually split open with both orders exposing the cardboard inside.

I am on chat with Amazon customer service now and they are setting up another order for me with "special packaging" instructions and will hopefully change the wall all shipments for this item are packaged.

I believe this was happening with the Ultimate Collection books when they first came out too.
shawnoen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 02:05 PM   #271
xChri5x
Stone Warrior
 
xChri5x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 901
__________________
xChri5x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 02:27 PM   #272
JTH
"ME"
 
JTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnoen View Post
Sadly, had to give the book a poor review on Amazon. Book itself looks beautiful but the Amazon packaging is horrible.

I've ordered the book twice now and both times some or all of the corners have arrived completely flattened.

My second copy arrived like this today:

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/c...ps29894031.jpg

One of the corners actually put a hole in the box itself....

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/c...ps6853b1ab.jpg
That's strange, mine came air wrap on every side, and the book itself was finely wrapped. Sorry yours wasn't as fortunate.

That said though, you don't give a book a bad review based on the company's shipping or handling of the shipment. You rate the book based on the book and then file a complaint to the website for poor shipping with your photos as visual evidence.

That's like giving a sports stadium a bad review because of the traffic getting there.
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 02:33 PM   #273
HotNunchuckFury
Foot Soldier
 
HotNunchuckFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 160
Had this a few days now. When it arrived I was immediately impressed with the quality and presentation of the book. I've only had chance to read a few sections so far, but it's been a pleasure to delve into the TMNT timeline and gain a better insight into how various decisions were made. The additional inserts and comic are the icing on the cake. I highly recommend this book to all TMNT fans. Thanks Andrew!
HotNunchuckFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 02:39 PM   #274
Rooish
Devil's Advocate
 
Rooish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,130
This happens all the time on Amazon and they really should have a separate session about customer satisfaction with the shipping. People who read the review immediately see that the problem is with the shipping, not content.
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 02:47 PM   #275
Andrew Farago
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: California
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Machine View Post
I'm afraid to remove all the cool flyers and stuff that are inserted into the book.
It's been pointed out elsewhere that my editor was really thinking ahead on that. If anything comes loose, or if you want to remove all of the inserts and get an unobscured look at all of the other art in the book, you can tuck the extras into the envelope in the inside back cover.
Andrew Farago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 02:51 PM   #276
Andrew Farago
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: California
Posts: 102
And I'm excited to see that we're the #1 superhero book on Amazon.com right now! Very cool to see Turtles fans getting behind this.

And for those of you attending the San Diego Comic-Con, this is a good time for me to announce that I'll be moderating a TMNT 30th anniversary panel with Kevin Eastman and some other special guests, including Townsend Coleman, Tom Waltz, Ciro Nieli, and a few other surprises.
Andrew Farago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 02:55 PM   #277
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Farago View Post
And I'm excited to see that we're the #1 superhero book on Amazon.com right now! Very cool to see Turtles fans getting behind this.

And for those of you attending the San Diego Comic-Con, this is a good time for me to announce that I'll be moderating a TMNT 30th anniversary panel with Kevin Eastman and some other special guests, including Townsend Coleman, Tom Waltz, Ciro Nieli, and a few other surprises.
WOW fantastic and congrats!

I can't attend (I would love to someday... sigh), but I look forward to watching the panel online
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 03:04 PM   #278
JTH
"ME"
 
JTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Farago View Post
And I'm excited to see that we're the #1 superhero book on Amazon.com right now! Very cool to see Turtles fans getting behind this.

And for those of you attending the San Diego Comic-Con, this is a good time for me to announce that I'll be moderating a TMNT 30th anniversary panel with Kevin Eastman and some other special guests, including Townsend Coleman, Tom Waltz, Ciro Nieli, and a few other surprises.
#1 and it's not even available domestically yet.

TOTALLY TUBULAR!!!
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 03:13 PM   #279
Green Machine
Hench Mutant
 
Green Machine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Farago View Post
It's been pointed out elsewhere that my editor was really thinking ahead on that. If anything comes loose, or if you want to remove all of the inserts and get an unobscured look at all of the other art in the book, you can tuck the extras into the envelope in the inside back cover.
Oh, it wasn't a complaint. I hope I didn't come off that way. I was impressed with the extras. I'm just afraid I'll mess up and rip something. Storing them in the sleeve in the back is a great idea!
Green Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 04:49 PM   #280
Tazi
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Posts: 1,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooish View Post
This happens all the time on Amazon and they really should have a separate session about customer satisfaction with the shipping. People who read the review immediately see that the problem is with the shipping, not content.
Yeah, happened with me too with the IDW Dredd Classics HC. Coincidencally that book was about about the sime size as TMNT Visual History, and was also packed into a much bigger box, without any filling material, and had simiral kind of damage. It's kinda annoying, and I could probably return it and get a replacement from Amazon, but bah... I waited 3-4 weeks, I didn't wanted to wait again, and it doesn't destroyed the reading experience after all, but I can understand how you feel about it... (I mean Shawnoen)
__________________
Tazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2 week ban 4 farago, farago to the bathroom, iceldrome pee patrol, looky loo in the loo, peepee poopoo, sick fans, ultimate visual history


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.