The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2012, 06:47 AM   #2861
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
I hope Bebop & Rocksteady stay in memory lane...just make fan fictions or something, there will be two new bozos for your B & R lovers soon.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 07:12 AM   #2862
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite
 
TheBlueTurtle1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 2,891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelangelo View Post
I hope Bebop & Rocksteady stay in memory lane...just make fan fictions or something, there will be two new bozos for your B & R lovers soon.
Well people love those characters, its like saying replace Donny with a new turtle BorrisAngelo and let Donny live in memory lane.

I dont see why they cant at least, be regulars in season 2 and behond!
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:27 AM   #2863
Ravenxl7
Stone Warrior
 
Ravenxl7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueTurtle1 View Post
I hope we see Bebop and Rocksteady later on in the series as regulars.
I'm hoping the show up, but I wouldn't want to see them become regulars. As for the comparison with Donatelo, I don't think their THAT important to the franchise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueTurtle1 View Post
I think Slash needs to be used aswell.
I'm hoping he shows up too. In Slash's case, I wouldn't mind him becoming a regular. I could see a story arch involving him lasting for quite a while. If not Slash, a new take on the dark turtles would be interesting, and they could fill the same basic role too (just as a team of evil turtles, rather than just one).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueTurtle1 View Post
Why do the UK have to wait till JAn for the new figs???? Is there any UK retailers selling them for august release???
It's a weird contract thing. It's the same reason why the show won't be airing in the UK till January. As far as I know it's fairly common with cartoons like this. I know the same delay happened with the new Thundercats show and Transformers Prime. As far as I know, it's not something Nick or Playmates decided to do. Like us, it's something they have to deal with. I've heard they wanted to get the toys out to the UK before Christmas, but the earliest they could do so was January.
__________________

Last edited by Ravenxl7; 05-31-2012 at 10:33 AM.
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 02:52 PM   #2864
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite
 
TheBlueTurtle1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 2,891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 View Post
I'm hoping the show up, but I wouldn't want to see them become regulars. As for the comparison with Donatelo, I don't think their THAT important to the franchise.


I'm hoping he shows up too. In Slash's case, I wouldn't mind him becoming a regular. I could see a story arch involving him lasting for quite a while. If not Slash, a new take on the dark turtles would be interesting, and they could fill the same basic role too (just as a team of evil turtles, rather than just one).


It's a weird contract thing. It's the same reason why the show won't be airing in the UK till January. As far as I know it's fairly common with cartoons like this. I know the same delay happened with the new Thundercats show and Transformers Prime. As far as I know, it's not something Nick or Playmates decided to do. Like us, it's something they have to deal with. I've heard they wanted to get the toys out to the UK before Christmas, but the earliest they could do so was January.

Hmm, well the villians can make or break a series, if you like them your gonna want to see them. I like your idea on the dark turtles, could create a few interesting eps.

I guess we shall have to be patient over here in the UK
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 03:02 PM   #2865
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueTurtle1 View Post
Well people love those characters, its like saying replace Donny with a new turtle BorrisAngelo and let Donny live in memory lane.
I gotta say, I know you probably didn't mean anything by it, but it seems to me whenever people make this comparison with Turtles it's always poor Donnie that gets singled out. Nobody ever says the other 3. Example, this one dude I was talking to who was pretty much a lame-o said that watching a Hawkeye movie would be like watching a single Donatello movie. I happen to love both those characters, and would have loved a Hawkeye movie, and not like they would ever make a single Turtles movie but...poor Donnie. Nerds do all the work and get the least respect.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:06 PM   #2866
Chris
Mad Scientist
 
Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 1,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 View Post
Question for those that attended the event in London, could you at all describe how the turtles sounded? For example, does Raph have an accent? How similar, if at all, does Mikey sound to Beast Boy? Does Ron's Donatello sound similar to any of his previous roles?
Wish I could answer this but I'm terrible at describing voices. Best I can say is they all sounded right, and none of them made me think "that's not Leo/Raph/Mikey/Don" when I heard them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 View Post
Whether or not they actually want to hear what we think they would have said that. I do believe that they genuinely want to know what us long-time fans think of the new series. Though I don't think us fans should take that for granted. They could just as easily ignore everything we say.
Of course they would have, but like you say I do believe this is genuine on their part. Why else would they organise these events or have invited fans in last year? We're not the target audience for this show, but they want us to like it and I think that says a lot about their intentions for this show.

That said, listening to what the fans say they want and actually putting it in the show are 2 very different things. Throwing us a bone like "Cowabunga" is much cheaper and easier for them than adding in characters like Bebop and Rocksteady with all the additional design work, character modelling, casting, etc that would entail. Plus even if the fans want something, even if the production team like that element of the TMNT mythos, it still might not make the cut if they feel it's not right for the show or the direction they want to go in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueTurtle1 View Post
Why do the UK have to wait till JAn for the new figs???? Is there any UK retailers selling them for august release???

The classics look awesome and the love the designs of th new tmnt, more in touch with the original comics, apart from the feet.
The man I spoke with at the Nick booth said it was due to some contractual stuff and they just didn't have everything in place in time to get the figures on the shelves before Christmas.

Some specialty stores like Forbidden Planet may get them on import this year, but if they do then I expect they're more likely to get the Classics than the new Nick figures. Which is a shame as after seeing the figures in person I actually like the new Nick figures more.

As for the 3 toe thing, I probably should have mentioned this in my write up, I have to admit that when watching the footage I didn't even notice the difference. This may be because I'm getting used to the new designs now, but it really didn't stand out at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 View Post
It's a weird contract thing. It's the same reason why the show won't be airing in the UK till January. As far as I know it's fairly common with cartoons like this. I know the same delay happened with the new Thundercats show and Transformers Prime. As far as I know, it's not something Nick or Playmates decided to do. Like us, it's something they have to deal with. I've heard they wanted to get the toys out to the UK before Christmas, but the earliest they could do so was January.
Actually a Nick said at the con we'll be getting the show in October this year, it's just the toys that we won't get till next year. Part of me still hopes this changes, if the show really takes off big then I can't see shops wanting to miss a potentially lucrative first Christmas.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 12:38 AM   #2867
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19
Stone Warrior
 
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Greece
Posts: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Wish I could answer this but I'm terrible at describing voices. Best I can say is they all sounded right, and none of them made me think "that's not Leo/Raph/Mikey/Don" when I heard them.



Of course they would have, but like you say I do believe this is genuine on their part. Why else would they organise these events or have invited fans in last year? We're not the target audience for this show, but they want us to like it and I think that says a lot about their intentions for this show.

That said, listening to what the fans say they want and actually putting it in the show are 2 very different things. Throwing us a bone like "Cowabunga" is much cheaper and easier for them than adding in characters like Bebop and Rocksteady with all the additional design work, character modelling, casting, etc that would entail. Plus even if the fans want something, even if the production team like that element of the TMNT mythos, it still might not make the cut if they feel it's not right for the show or the direction they want to go in.



The man I spoke with at the Nick booth said it was due to some contractual stuff and they just didn't have everything in place in time to get the figures on the shelves before Christmas.

Some specialty stores like Forbidden Planet may get them on import this year, but if they do then I expect they're more likely to get the Classics than the new Nick figures. Which is a shame as after seeing the figures in person I actually like the new Nick figures more.

As for the 3 toe thing, I probably should have mentioned this in my write up, I have to admit that when watching the footage I didn't even notice the difference. This may be because I'm getting used to the new designs now, but it really didn't stand out at all.



Actually a Nick said at the con we'll be getting the show in October this year, it's just the toys that we won't get till next year. Part of me still hopes this changes, if the show really takes off big then I can't see shops wanting to miss a potentially lucrative first Christmas.


Did Nick said when Europe will get the show? will we also get it on october?
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 12:47 AM   #2868
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite
 
TheBlueTurtle1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 2,891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelangelo View Post
I gotta say, I know you probably didn't mean anything by it, but it seems to me whenever people make this comparison with Turtles it's always poor Donnie that gets singled out. Nobody ever says the other 3. Example, this one dude I was talking to who was pretty much a lame-o said that watching a Hawkeye movie would be like watching a single Donatello movie. I happen to love both those characters, and would have loved a Hawkeye movie, and not like they would ever make a single Turtles movie but...poor Donnie. Nerds do all the work and get the least respect.


Sorry, I didnt mean anyhing against Don, my fav as a kid was always Leo, most likey due to the fact he had blue and katanas, but over recent years, Don is almost there. I really think he is the heart and soul of the turtles, and they would failed at most things they do without him. I almost consider him the most skilled using the least dangerous weopon.

I also like Hawkeye, always one on the best Avengers, wish he had a mask or at leat a hood in the movie tho. He needs more air time and let the audience see the cutting edge side of his character from the comics.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The man I spoke with at the Nick booth said it was due to some contractual stuff and they just didn't have everything in place in time to get the figures on the shelves before Christmas.

Some specialty stores like Forbidden Planet may get them on import this year, but if they do then I expect they're more likely to get the Classics than the new Nick figures. Which is a shame as after seeing the figures in person I actually like the new Nick figures more.

As for the 3 toe thing, I probably should have mentioned this in my write up, I have to admit that when watching the footage I didn't even notice the difference. This may be because I'm getting used to the new designs now, but it really didn't stand out at all.



Actually a Nick said at the con we'll be getting the show in October this year, it's just the toys that we won't get till next year. Part of me still hopes this changes, if the show really takes off big then I can't see shops wanting to miss a potentially lucrative first Christmas.[/QUOTE]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I really hope we get them earlier, I dont want to ship them over and get stung on customs. I also sorta like the new one better, but ill most likely get classic first, they mean more to me. That will not however stop me looking in to the new ones. I also really love the new designs, and like you said I didnt notice the 3 toe thing either and to be honest I kinda like it, in fcat ill most likey get a set of them. I wonder if they will be as awesome as the NECAs.
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 12:56 AM   #2869
Chris
Mad Scientist
 
Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 1,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAXTER STOCKMAN 19 View Post
Did Nick said when Europe will get the show? will we also get it on october?
Sorry, I didn't think to ask
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 03:17 AM   #2870
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19
Stone Warrior
 
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Greece
Posts: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Sorry, I didn't think to ask
then i will sent them an email and ask them. only 4 months to wait!!!!
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:38 AM   #2871
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,795
For the voices, does Raph have that "New Yorker" voice he has in the 4kids series and the movies?

Does Don sound different than old toon Raph, or is it practically the same voice?

Does Mike still have that surfer or "dude" accent?

Leo probably sounds like all the Leo's.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 01:13 PM   #2872
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Nolan North said he auditioned and they specifically told him to dial back the New York accent, so I'm thinking probably not that much.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 03:51 PM   #2873
Zany Orange Dude
The Little Nerdy Teacher
 
Zany Orange Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: At my desk reading comics and writing lesson plans
Posts: 2,292
Yeah, I think they were trying to get away from the accent.
__________________
Zany Orange Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 03:16 AM   #2874
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite
 
TheBlueTurtle1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 2,891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zany Orange Dude View Post
Yeah, I think they were trying to get away from the accent.
I always like the tough New york accent. Nolan North would have been a great Raph. I am right in thinking is Sean austin who got the part. Sam from lord of the rings????
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 01:20 PM   #2875
corvus
Stone Warrior
 
corvus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: London
Posts: 783
Am I the only one who doesn't have high expectations for this show? I can't say much cause its not out yet but I can really see it going in the direction of the next mutation.
__________________
corvus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 01:25 PM   #2876
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by corvus View Post
I can't say much cause its not out yet but I can really see it going in the direction of the next mutation.
How's it going in the direction of The Next Mutation? It looks and sounds way better than NT: TNM, and alot of care seems to be put into making this show great.
__________________




Last edited by TurtleTitan97; 06-02-2012 at 01:32 PM.
TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 01:33 PM   #2877
corvus
Stone Warrior
 
corvus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: London
Posts: 783
I really can't say. I haven't seen it. I just have a bad feeling. Isn't this the same network that put out wolverine and the X-men, which was also marketed well with action figures etc. But only lasted a season. they don't have the best track record with things. I'm hoping I'm wrong.
__________________
corvus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 01:41 PM   #2878
DarkLightDragon
Mad Scientist
 
DarkLightDragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,026
Except WatX-men was only on Nicktoons and not the main Nick channel.

Plus, we already know there will be a second season for this show.

Last edited by DarkLightDragon; 06-02-2012 at 01:48 PM.
DarkLightDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 01:42 PM   #2879
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by corvus View Post
Am I the only one who doesn't have high expectations for this show?
I expect it to be typical Nickelodeon blandness. Very high expectations here...
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 01:45 PM   #2880
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by corvus View Post
I really can't say. I haven't seen it. I just have a bad feeling. Isn't this the same network that put out wolverine and the X-men, which was also marketed well with action figures etc. But only lasted a season. they don't have the best track record with things. I'm hoping I'm wrong.
The reason Marvel canceled Wolverine & The X-Men because of the deal with Disney when it bought Marvel. Plus, this is the same network that had Avatar: The Last Airbender, one of the best Nicktoons ever made.
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2k12, nick


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.