The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2009, 08:41 PM   #281
raphaelprime
Hench Mutant
 
raphaelprime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Caniac Nation, NC
Posts: 416
If you ask me, i wouldn't at all rule out a 2k3 style series coming from Nick. Just with their own stories and takes. One of the reasons they bought them was so they could target their male audiance. If you look at their shows(ones of their own and even the Marvel ones) most of their shows are for young kids and early teen girls, but hardly anything for the boys(Wolvie and i think Ironman maybe are the only ones really), whereas their competition, Disney and Cartoon Network have plenty to offer their male targets.

Until i hear differently from Nick themselves, i'm expecting a blend maybe of 2k3 with the '87 toon. And i'll expect to have the same problem with the new series i had with 2k3, never getting to see it. Cause i don't get ToonNick or NickToons Network(whichever it is) that currently airs Wolverine and the X-men(which i don't get to see either, least not as they air), and i would be willing to bet that's where they put them.
__________________
"Welcome to the south, plan to lose in our house, GoCanes, Carolina is back, and we're all Caniacs, GoCanes, We want more, shutout score, let's go Ward, GoCanes"....the new and improved version of Clapton's classic Cocaine


Courtesy of Sliced...Thanks Sliced.
raphaelprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 09:54 PM   #282
Mr._Mutant_Man
Mad Scientist
 
Mr._Mutant_Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,340
That page limit thing sucks. Especially considering that Nickelodeon probably isn't going to have anyone else publish comics.

I wish they had sold the Turtles to someone else, like Disney or WB (Marvel or DC).

Last edited by Mr._Mutant_Man; 10-26-2009 at 10:04 PM.
Mr._Mutant_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 07:56 AM   #283
Drtooth
Foot Elite
 
Drtooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr._Mutant_Man View Post

I wish they had sold the Turtles to someone else, like Disney or WB (Marvel or DC).
If they did, do you really think they'd let their respective comic companies handle it? Really, as far as the comic goes, that's the biggest concern that I have.
__________________
[Insert mildly amusing banner here]
Drtooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 10:17 AM   #284
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drtooth View Post
If they did, do you really think they'd let their respective comic companies handle it?
Probably. Wherein lies the problem.

People that want TMNT to be published at something like DC or Marvel really haven't thought things through.

Still, I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be at least curious how either company would approach the TMNT.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 11:39 AM   #285
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
I'm kinda of hoping that this is just a "remake" of the 80's toon with a harder edge than the previous series. But with different scenerios, maybe do some archie based stories. Maybe it could be in the same tone as season one but harder hitting perhaps.

If they are going to focus on the 80's toon the one thing I hope they keep alive is the equal status all the turtles had with each other. The 80's was mostly about all of themand they more or less had equal attention because they where all pretty much had the same importance in the team dynamic. One thing that has always bugged me about the "serious" versions of the turtles is that there is to much hiarchy. There are things that make sense for Leo or Raph to do but not Mike and Don and vice verca. The 80's didn't have this so much.

Also I really hope they get rid of the CGI idea. I can see the turtles looking decent enough but human characters always look like ass in CGI form. Eighther they're too realistic looking or not realistic looking enough, but it always look awkward.
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 01:29 PM   #286
TurtleGuy
Foot Soldier
 
TurtleGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 231
If they do keep with this CGI idea, I'm really hoping they go with a cel shaded look since it really gives the feel of simplistic 2D art. Something akin to the 2k7 movie wouldn't be too bad, but I'd really love cel shaded turtles.
TurtleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 03:22 PM   #287
Drtooth
Foot Elite
 
Drtooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Still, I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be at least curious how either company would approach the TMNT.
I'd want to say that both companies would focus on the animated versions of them and possibly not take the comic book into consideration at all.
__________________
[Insert mildly amusing banner here]
Drtooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 04:01 PM   #288
raphaelprime
Hench Mutant
 
raphaelprime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Caniac Nation, NC
Posts: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Still, I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be at least curious how either company would approach the TMNT.

I would take a bet on(if it were Marvel) a cross over with the Avengers or Spidey, considering they're NYC residents. Actually i could already see that in my head, Saki somehow returns(like villians do in Marvel*cougMagnetocough*) and teams up with Doc Ock or someone and Peter must seek out the turtles' help in dealing with the threat.
__________________
"Welcome to the south, plan to lose in our house, GoCanes, Carolina is back, and we're all Caniacs, GoCanes, We want more, shutout score, let's go Ward, GoCanes"....the new and improved version of Clapton's classic Cocaine


Courtesy of Sliced...Thanks Sliced.
raphaelprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 09:00 PM   #289
Dragon Turtle
Stone Warrior
 
Dragon Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Standing behind you.
Posts: 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drtooth View Post
If they did, do you really think they'd let their respective comic companies handle it? Really, as far as the comic goes, that's the biggest concern that I have.
There still is a good chance that the turtles would find their way through the massive corporate pipeline to each companies respective comic book publisher, whether or not Marvel or DC would actually be given dominion over them.
Dragon Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 08:05 AM   #290
Mr._Mutant_Man
Mad Scientist
 
Mr._Mutant_Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
People that want TMNT to be published at something like DC or Marvel really haven't thought things through.
DC and Marvel are good at having the old material available. We'd see TPBs of all the old stuff at least.

Other than that, at least there would be a better chance of new TMNT comics, even if they weren't all that great. Who knows what could happen with the right creative team.
Mr._Mutant_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:08 PM   #291
turkishproverb
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Muppet labs...HELP!
Posts: 756
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr._Mutant_Man View Post
DC and Marvel are good at having the old material available. We'd see TPBs of all the old stuff at least.

Other than that, at least there would be a better chance of new TMNT comics, even if they weren't all that great. Who knows what could happen with the right creative team.
Turtles couldn't been bumped into Vertigo for a while. That would've given me some real hope.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Sakai. Making a deal with Saki has COMPLETELY different implications.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Raider View Post
But me, Grimlock, love Raphael! He cool, but rude!

I suspected.
turkishproverb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:29 PM   #292
TristanHuwJones
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
TristanHuwJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr._Mutant_Man View Post
DC and Marvel are good at having the old material available. We'd see TPBs of all the old stuff at least.

Other than that, at least there would be a better chance of new TMNT comics, even if they weren't all that great. Who knows what could happen with the right creative team.
IDW and Dark Horse are FAR better at having older material available, especially when it comes to obscurities, which a lot of the good Mirage stuff is. DC and Marvel are not going to bite. Marvel have already nixed the idea of crossovers with the Turtles because they don't see them as money making material, IDW and Dark Horse however have both expressed some interest in the property.
__________________
Still alive (somehow)...
tristansbones.bsky.social
and instagram @ instagram.com/tristans_bones
TristanHuwJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 08:44 PM   #293
Aztec General
Mad Scientist
 
Aztec General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,437
I've yet to see any official statement from Nick on the direction they want to take. I doubt they even know at this point. So let's look at what we've had and try to speculate on what we might get.

There have been 4 major TMNT canons over the past 25 years:

1) Mirage Comics TMNT (Image Comics being a subdivision)
2) 1987 Animated TMNT (Archie Comics being a subdivision)
3) 2003 Animated TMNT (Dreamwave Comics being a subdivision)
4) Movieverse TMNT (Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation being a subdivision)


I'm imagining that the 2012 Animated TMNT will mark the beginning of the 5th major iteration of the TMNT. I have no idea what course it will take, but I highly doubt it will similar to either of the previous 4 versions.
__________________
Aztec General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 08:55 PM   #294
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztec General View Post
I'm imagining that the 2012 Animated TMNT will mark the beginning of the 5th major iteration of the TMNT. I have no idea what course it will take, but I highly doubt it will similar to either of the previous 4 versions.
Nick wants to re-create the TMNT boom from the 80's and 90's. The only thing preventing Krang/Bebop/Rocksteady and other old characters from appearing in the 2k3 series and/or comics was Peter Laird. Not counting the DTV.

Now that he is out of the picture, Nick is free to do whatever they want. The fact that the old toon made such an impact that it and its characters have always overshadowed the comics and 2k3 series for the general population, means they're probably going to try and re-create that formula for a new generation of kids.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:03 PM   #295
Turo602
The King of Kings
 
Turo602's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chicago Illinois
Posts: 2,931
I would like to see a cartoon with lots of action, dark, and is a mixture of the most definite versions of the TMNT 80s, 2k3, and the comics.
Turo602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 11:39 AM   #296
SwordofTengu
Foot Soldier
 
SwordofTengu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 102
Great!

I did enjoy the old show, but the new show is much more entertaining to me!
SwordofTengu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 11:42 AM   #297
Lieutenant Granitor
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Dimension X, Michigan, Farmington Hills, Detroit
Posts: 221
Double-Post :O
Lieutenant Granitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 11:49 AM   #298
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieutenant Granitor View Post
Double-Post :O
yes... It happens
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 11:51 AM   #299
Lieutenant Granitor
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Dimension X, Michigan, Farmington Hills, Detroit
Posts: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwamu The Kappa View Post
yes... It happens
Like Forrest Gump says, SH*T HAPPENS lol
Lieutenant Granitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 12:41 PM   #300
Hordak
Foot Soldier
 
Hordak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: VA
Posts: 174
Well I hope like someone said earlier in the thread they take the approach Mike Young Prod. took with the 200X Masters of the Universe series, keeping the classic characters in but updating there look & actions. The bad guys weren't completely dumb & didn't always miss there shots! They could fight back & pose somewhat of a threat. I don't think I would mind new characters to much as long as it wasn't knocking someone out of the picture. Somethings I hope to see Rocksteady & Bebop(not as dumb & can fight), a tough cajun Leatherhead, Shredder, Baxter(as a fly eventually), Krang with Stone Warriors(Gen.Tregg & Lt. Granitor?),Slash, Casey Jones, Metalhead, & do more with Dirtbag & Groundchuck, Mutagen Man, Scumbag, Antrax, &Mondo Gecko. And people that never got a chance like Ray Fillet & Pizza Face.
__________________

Last edited by Hordak; 11-07-2009 at 12:47 PM.
Hordak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.