The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2012, 07:18 PM   #281
Darth Knuckles
Stone Warrior
 
Darth Knuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Mutani-Isle
Posts: 701
Yeah your welcome dude! Can't forget about Uncle Phil. It's one of my top fifteen sitcoms so I kept up on the DVD releases.
__________________
"Shredder, what have you done!?!" - Tiger Claw (Annihilation: Earth!)
Darth Knuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:30 PM   #282
Krum
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 28
My only complaint was the missing episodes but now they're fixing that problem. I'm very happy with this collection.
Krum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:26 AM   #283
Storm Eagle
Saved by
 
Storm Eagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 3,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Orange View Post
I wonder if Brian Ward's been looking at the site. Hopefully there's at least some bonus features on the releases.
You mean for in case the 80s Ninja Turtles series gets new DVDs of some sort? The sets for the first, fourth, fifth, seventh, and tenth seasons already have special features.

I'll also just say that since you mentioned Lionsgate having the latest Power Rangers season and is selling DVD volumes for it, it has been confirmed that they'll put out a complete set of the current season. Once again, just saying.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 01:56 PM   #284
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Brian Ward is with Shout Factory, so he was replying to the Next Mutation DVD situation.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 02:11 PM   #285
Storm Eagle
Saved by
 
Storm Eagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 3,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
Brian Ward is with Shout Factory, so he was replying to the Next Mutation DVD situation.
Oh that's right. I forgot all about that. I was still confused though, since the Next Mutation wasn't mentioned in this thread.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 02:21 PM   #286
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
I'm also confused as to why it was mentioned here.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:59 PM   #287
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,805
I can't believe we're only 2 months away from finally seeing the original cartoon completed on DVD.

Although I wasn't confident about it, I somehow knew Lionsgate would eventually release the last two seasons and the skipped episodes. I just don't like the way they made us wait almost 2 years between the Season 8 and 9 DVDs.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:19 PM   #288
Logan
Hench Mutant
 
Logan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 483
Now that the OT is finishing up and Next Mutation is getting a DVD release, I wonder if the Japanese OVAs will ever see the light of the West outside of bootlegs...
__________________
We're a team; and as a team let's go kick some ass!

-Leonardo

Logan the Layman Critic, a youtube channel for movie reviews and animation appreciation.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjn...xrKPml1WlYh6Mw
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 02:27 PM   #289
Mr. Orange
Random Punk
 
Mr. Orange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: N/A
Posts: 41
Sorry everyone, I was on my phone when I posted that bit about Brian. I obviously clicked on the wrong thread.

And yeah, I think the Mutant Turtles OVA are the last things that can be released.
Mr. Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 02:40 PM   #290
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Coming out of Their Shells, Getting Down in Your Town, Turtle Tunes, and We Wish You a Turtle Christmas.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 04:52 PM   #291
Storm Eagle
Saved by
 
Storm Eagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 3,389
I, for one, would be more than happy to have Back to the Sewer on DVD...WITHOUT having to import it from some other country.

Last fall, I decided I needed to free up some space on my DVR. So I recorded all the episodes on tapes. Sadly, I saw that I seemed to have inadvertently deleted the first episode some time before. Damn damn damn.

Anyway, Lionsgate, bring on season 10. Shout! Factory, I'll pass on The Next Mutation (but I'm ever so grateful for Power Rangers).
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:11 PM   #292
joetheripper
Foot Soldier
 
joetheripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 246
Win! and its got the missing "Planet of the Turtloids" episode as well!
joetheripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:45 PM   #293
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,805
Everything but the Turtle Tip shorts. If only there was something that could be done.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 04:48 PM   #294
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Coming out of Their Shells, Getting Down in Your Town, Turtle Tunes, and We Wish You a Turtle Christmas.
YES! specially those!
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:27 PM   #295
Redmage1987
Hench Mutant
 
Redmage1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Missouri
Posts: 289
Do you guys think the countdowns would really be worth making another topic for? I wasn't sure myself. I didn't think so, but if you all think I should make a new topic for them, then sure, lol. I suppose the topic could be there for anyone else that wants to do something like that as well.
Redmage1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 05:19 PM   #296
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,805
Still 1 month and a half away from release, I wish they'd bump up the release date. I am dying to rewatch and complete my OT collection.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:40 PM   #297
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,186
Personally I'm already wishing for a future better release of the OT. It deserves better than what we got, at the very least we got the whole series in half-assed DVD releases.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:01 PM   #298
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Personally I'm already wishing for a future better release of the OT. It deserves better than what we got, at the very least we got the whole series in half-assed DVD releases.
I don't see them being half-assed. They gave us special features with interviews and all 193 episodes and ever season has a set except Season 3...which is still competently released.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:21 PM   #299
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,186
The quality of the episodes is fairly low, especially when they crammed so many episodes in some releases, the artwork is absolutely terrible and all the sets are inconsistent. This is not counting it took them how many years to release it, they started in 2004 almost a decade. Plus no turtles tips and the special features left much to be desired.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:27 PM   #300
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
The quality of the episodes is fairly low,
I don't think any company would give us a full remaster.

Quote:
the artwork is absolutely terrible
The artwork hasn't been bad since the Season 3 sets actually. What is bad about the Season 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 art?

Quote:
and all the sets are inconsistent.
No they aren't. Every season has a complete set except Season 3. Even Season 7 was re-released including the Euro episodes together.

Quote:
This is not counting it took them how many years to release it, they started in 2004 almost a decade. Plus no turtles tips and the special features left much to be desired.
I agree this is terrible, but I am glad it is done.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.