The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2012, 08:03 AM   #281
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
I could see it making an interesting elseworld comic book, but certainly not a feature film.
IDW should totally do a Multiverse imprint....it would allow for new takes, and new stories from existing universes.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:07 AM   #282
cartoonistaaron
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Lol, I can't believe I'm virtually the only one who thought it would make a really rad elseworld flick.
I think it'd be a fun "Elseworlds" style story, but if they're gonna dump millions into a movie, it's not the story I'd like to see. There are so many facets of the property original to the comics (and the cartoon!) that I've longed to see realized in live-action since I was a kid... I'd like to see Triceratons and a Fugitoid and maybe Rocksteady and Bebop or Krang (closer to their cartoon incarnations than in this script).

This script does give me hope, though, that my own self-published ideas are ripe for the plucking by some big-name Hollywood producer. I mean, if THIS crap can sell...
cartoonistaaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:21 AM   #283
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Wow. That script sounds terrible, but I'm not going to panic. After all, it was rejected, so I highly doubt all of this stuff will even be in the movie. Some of it might be, but not all. Even though I've never been fond of the aliens aspect, I now think it would be an interesting twist in the universe if done the right way. Don't overreact, people. This isn't the final product. Just chill out.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:37 AM   #284
Bob
Stone Warrior
 
Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UK, England
Posts: 546
I think that's the thing we have to remember, it was rejected, or at least that draft (although I still it was more to with money, than anything else). Another thing we have to remember, though, is that no other writers have come on board, which means they're, at least for now, sticking with these two writers, which also means that they're working from the same skeletal structure at least. Of course, that could all change within the next couple of months.

One thing I have been thinking of, though, is that this script is from January this year. It was likely written and completed before the director was hired. When a director comes on board a project, they come on board with their own ideas, and the script usually goes through further changes as a result of that. So its very likely Jonathan Liebesman would have brought his own things to the table. So, for better or worse, the script has definitely gone through changes by now.

I do think that if there are any more delays, though, the first person to leave will be Jonathan Liebesman. After all, he wants work and he’s not going to wait around for Paramount to twiddle their thumbs. Then another writer(s) will definitely be brought on board. May 2014 is still a hell of a long way off, though, so the start of real post-production is still quite far off (by about three months). I don’t see why people think it won’t make that date. No films that are scheduled for summer 2014 have started production yet.

Last edited by Bob; 08-28-2012 at 09:44 AM.
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:47 AM   #285
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,794
They need to trash everything though. Even stuff like Casey being the main character while the Turtles are supporting cast is an awful idea.

It's like the writers think we can't relate to mutant turtles that we need a pretty boy Casey and his hot girlfriend with huge boobs April to carry the movie.

Instead of how April and Casey should be, average looking folks.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:49 AM   #286
Genesis
Stone Warrior
 
Genesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 624
You know, there's a way that they could put a human in the proverbial front seat of the film that I expected since the whole "Bay" thing began. The focus could potentially start on Chet. I always thought the kid should have had a larger role, and it gives them that "grounded" beginning they seemed to think was so appropriate for the first hour of Transformers.

Maybe they can skip out on the teenage drama bullcrap, this time around.
Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:01 AM   #287
n-zero
Foot Soldier
 
n-zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
hot girlfriend with huge boobs April to carry the movie.
April having huge boobs wouldn't be a massive change.



n-zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:08 AM   #288
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
You know, there's a way that they could put a human in the proverbial front seat of the film that I expected since the whole "Bay" thing began. The focus could potentially start on Chet. I always thought the kid should have had a larger role, and it gives them that "grounded" beginning they seemed to think was so appropriate for the first hour of Transformers.

Maybe they can skip out on the teenage drama bullcrap, this time around.
I kind of like the idea of Chet kicking things off. Although, they COULD give that role to Casey, even. He could be the original owner and when they mutate he joins them as a vigilante. Kind of odd, but I guess it could work.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:12 AM   #289
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
Yeah. Making Chet a fully formed character would muck it up I think unless he replaced Casey Jones then you have the Turtles with 3 human companions.

I don't think that'll help with the 'humans the star over turtles' issue. So it's probably better to make their kid owner April or Casey to save time and character real estate. If they even use that origin that is.
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:27 AM   #290
Genesis
Stone Warrior
 
Genesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 624
I suppose that's true. April is a totally necessary character, but I don't think it would be so bad to forego Casey, at least for the first film ('cause, y'know, everything is a freakin' trilogy, these days). Maybe they can make Chet die. Who knows?
Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:32 AM   #291
cartoonistaaron
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 737
Could they maybe just focus on something that DOESN'T involve the Turtles' origin? It seems like that point has been belabored to death, between the first two movies. Let's have the Turtles on an adventure unlike anything that has been in any of the other movies. Send them to D'hoonib, where they and the alien Fugitoid are being chased by the Triceratons, the Federats, and the evil renegade Utrom warlord Krang. That's as crazy as this terrible script but it actually has basis in the source material.

I just don't think "the Turtles are actually aliens" can, in any way, be a good story. I don't care how "well told" a story it is. Kind of like "there was actually a fifth turtle, and she was a GIRL!" Some ideas are just bad.

You've got great characters, an iconic origin story, and enough source material to create a fantastic action/adventure/sci-fi movie. Trying to put your unique "spin" on it isn't necessary. I think comparisons to Transformers are not necessarily appropriate because the Transformers were giant talking robots - the Turtles are basically green humans, in how they act and how they relate to other characters. Following around giant robots for an hour and a half will strike most of the general population as odd, I think, whereas the Turtles are again, for all intents and purposes, humanoid characters and much easier to follow as the main protagonists.

I think most of the population will go see a Turtle movie based on what it looks like in the ads - so why not please the hardcore fans as well as people with fond childhood memories of the property?
cartoonistaaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 12:19 PM   #292
Bob
Stone Warrior
 
Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UK, England
Posts: 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtfbomb View Post
The action, humor, and effects were going to be there always. No matter what was going to be written, it was going to have those "ingredients." In fact, most tentpole action films have that combination. That's pretty much a given. However, clearly the studio didn't have too much faith in what they were doing. Their problems, reportedly, weren't just nudging the budget down, but a dissatisfaction with the script itself.

Although it seems like it, by “ingredients” I wasn’t just referring to action and special effects. I was also referring to the overall tone and feel of the script.
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 12:42 PM   #293
FoxZerro
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 574
Is a copy of the leaked script available anywhere on line anymore? TMNT not TANT had to remove their link. Even though it sounds like a crappy script I'd still like to read it
FoxZerro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 02:48 PM   #294
thingy
Foot Soldier
 
thingy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 111
Wow I completely missed this bit of news. Doesn't sound good but the curious part of me wishes I'd had a read.
thingy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:49 PM   #295
Xav
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by n-zero View Post
April having huge boobs wouldn't be a massive change.



Man Leo looks really rapey in the bottom pic.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:57 PM   #296
Drose18
The Catalina Wine Mixer
 
Drose18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,865
Haha funny ^
I think itd be wierd to make april or casey the original owners.
Drose18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 04:29 PM   #297
Xav
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,040
Latino Review just posted a video summary of the script.
http://latino-review.com/2012/08/28/...script-review/

Last edited by Xav; 08-28-2012 at 06:01 PM.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 04:52 PM   #298
Cryomancer
Mad Scientist
 
Cryomancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,090
That video is a pretty good summary of the script. I'm sure it's leaving out a few terrible moments that I'm already forgetting and lots of awful dialog but if you wanna know the storyline and so on and can't find it floating around, just watch that and you'll know the gist of it.
__________________

Final Boss of translation group Opentrain.
We do videogame comics and TMNT stuff.
http://opentrain.theyear199x.org/
Cryomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:05 PM   #299
Filespit
Hench Mutant
 
Filespit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sweden
Posts: 424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
Ok, so instead of trying to get the script and read it I watched this video to get the picture. All I can say is this; I want to strangle the person who wrote this. Seriously, what is this supposed to be? Apparently not a joke as this was a real script written by a real person, who most probably got paid for it. I know the script/draft was rejected, but I don't know if I care about this movie anymore. I won't make a final judgment until I actually see some footage from the movie, but if it contains anything from this crap of a script then I will officially boycott the damn thing. I will forbid myself to go see it and I will watch Batman & Robin repeatedly for a whole week instead. This script has got nothing to do with my Ninja Turtles and I sure hope Paramount make drastical changes here. If they don't, I'll make the movie I want to see myself. Anyone with me?

Rant over.
Filespit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:26 PM   #300
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
I'm gonna boycott this guys movie and watch that sh*tty Casey Jones fanfilm thing all week!

Why we gotta be so violent everybody?
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
depressing, gay


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.