The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2013, 05:58 PM   #281
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
So basically he's Shrader in every way but name.
It hasn't even been revealed he's not called Schrader.

I still stand by the "In the PD's movie-verse Schrader IS Shredder, and thus saying, 'I'm Shredder.' isn't confirmation he's not Schrader." logic.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:06 PM   #282
CinematicESP
Thug
 
CinematicESP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 50
Oroku Saki... Eric Sachs. Between the "stages of his life" comment and also how he dodges the question of whether his character is Japanese rather than just denying it leads me to believe they're going with reincarnation. If Splinter and the turtles are Hamato Yoshi and his sons, then I'm actually willing to buy this interpretation of Shredder.
CinematicESP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:12 PM   #283
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Oh...helps to read all the posts and then comment, rather than just skim the thread. This is looking to be a Turtle movie to enjoy ironically....
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:42 PM   #284
Xav
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
It hasn't even been revealed he's not called Schrader.

I still stand by the "In the PD's movie-verse Schrader IS Shredder, and thus saying, 'I'm Shredder.' isn't confirmation he's not Schrader." logic.
His name is Eric Sachs why would he have two last names? We have had other characters take on the Shredder mantle before. So I'm hoping this leaves the door open open for a Oroku Saki Shredder. This guy could be an imposter or something.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:02 PM   #285
cartoonistaaron
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 737
I am really glad we got one superb Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie, and that I can still watch it on DVD. Because this thing sounds like it's gonna stink like nothing has ever stunk before.
cartoonistaaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:08 PM   #286
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
A new take on Shredder is alright with me. Looking forward to it.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:31 PM   #287
NYShell
Stone Warrior
 
NYShell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Long Island, NY - Dallas, TX
Posts: 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1984TMNT View Post


With every bit of news that gets leaked....the above image and portrayal of Shredder is looking more and more phenomenal. That is THE friggin' Shredder right there. One of the most bad a$$ villains of all time - now just casually thrust to the side for the sake of someone putting their own stamp on things. Sickening. Here's hoping there is some sort of plan at work here that we just aren't privy to or have enough information about. If not, I'm not sure how Eastman can sit back and think these types of significant changes would make long time fans excited (as claimed recently).

Starting to think nothing will ever come close to the original movie, in many ways - especially in terms of treating the original material with care and respect.
This. I agree with this completely. While I think the Fred Wolf stuff shouldn't be in the movies at all, it at least had Shredder as a Japanese Oroku Saki, the Shredder. But the above image is hands-down the BEST iteration of the Shredder. Without a doubt. He wasn't dumbed down like all the kiddy cartoons. This was the most badass Shredder.

"Hi. My name is Eric Sachs. I'd like to apply for a loan."
__________________
"All fathers care for their sons."


** LOOKING FOR 2016 SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES EXCLUSIVE TMNT STATUES (LEO, MIKE, RAPH) **
NYShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:38 PM   #288
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,805
I was going to type up an angry rant here, but I just can't anymore. This movie is borderline horrible and its like they're purposely trying to make the movie as god awful as possible.

I bet even the Nick writers and IDW staff are laughing at what's going on with this movie. Ah well, two good TMNT reboots will make up for this horrible one.

I just hope if this movie bombs it doesn't affect the cartoon or comic in any way.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:45 PM   #289
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
And I'll say it for the millionth time....

I'll see you all on opening night! Weeeee!
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:46 PM   #290
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
And I'll say it for the millionth time....

I'll see you all on opening night! Weeeee!
Indeed I plan to be there.....so I can come home and post angry rants on every single movie and comic book website imaginable.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:47 PM   #291
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Indeed I plan to be there.....so I can come home and post angry rants on every single movie and comic book website imaginable.
Again, you really need a hobby....or a hubby....which ever.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:54 PM   #292
Goon
Thug
 
Goon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 78
When asked if Shredder is going to be Japanese this was his response:
Quote:
You know, uh, you know I think it would be much more exciting to find out these things as it unfolds.
I think this is very telling. It could be very similar to the way the history of the Foot Clan mini-series went.. Otherwise he would have just said no. Or made some other kind of answer other than what he said.. It's an intruiging development but I'm not gonna get too upset over it yet..

We have no idea what ANYTHING in the movie is really going to look like.. So we don't have much to go on..
Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:54 PM   #293
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
And I'll say it for the millionth time....

I'll see you all on opening night! Weeeee!
Obviously everyone is going to see it, regardless. Whether it's to see it with an open mind, or to hate on it...
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:05 PM   #294
NYShell
Stone Warrior
 
NYShell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Long Island, NY - Dallas, TX
Posts: 581
I'll be the first one there at the midnight premiere to see an awesome reboot or a tragedy. Whatever it turns out to be, I'm still going to see it.

*Is anyone going to see this movie once or more than once in theaters?
__________________
"All fathers care for their sons."


** LOOKING FOR 2016 SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES EXCLUSIVE TMNT STATUES (LEO, MIKE, RAPH) **
NYShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:09 PM   #295
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnyt2u View Post
I'll be the first one there at the midnight premiere to see an awesome reboot or a tragedy. Whatever it turns out to be, I'm still going to see it.

*Is anyone going to see this movie once or more than once in theaters?
shouldn't we all see just once, to send the message that we don't like Bay's crap? seeing it multiple times and making it into a box office smash is sending the message that yes, we do love colonel shrader.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:18 PM   #296
Goon
Thug
 
Goon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnyt2u View Post
I'll be the first one there at the midnight premiere to see an awesome reboot or a tragedy. Whatever it turns out to be, I'm still going to see it.

*Is anyone going to see this movie once or more than once in theaters?
I'll definitely see it once.. If I really like it I might go back. It is all a matter of what the trailers look like and once we get more solid info about the movie.
Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:19 PM   #297
NYShell
Stone Warrior
 
NYShell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Long Island, NY - Dallas, TX
Posts: 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
shouldn't we all see just once, to send the message that we don't like Bay's crap? seeing it multiple times and making it into a box office smash is sending the message that yes, we do love colonel shrader.
I rarely do it. The second time for me personally is to just I guess "study" it and take a second look. But yeah, I'm weary of supporting things I don't like in a way.
__________________
"All fathers care for their sons."


** LOOKING FOR 2016 SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES EXCLUSIVE TMNT STATUES (LEO, MIKE, RAPH) **
NYShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:20 PM   #298
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
shouldn't we all see just once, to send the message that we don't like Bay's crap? seeing it multiple times and making it into a box office smash is sending the message that yes, we do love colonel shrader.
Not seeing it at all would probably send a bigger message. But that ain't going to happen. Especially with the nutso "I'll never see it ever!" crowd.
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:22 PM   #299
Goon
Thug
 
Goon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 78
Yea all the studios care about is making money.. If you buy that movie ticket, they've already got you.. Mission Accomplished.. Thats why they keep making remakes.. People complain about them all the time, but they still make millions of dollars.
Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:26 PM   #300
NYShell
Stone Warrior
 
NYShell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Long Island, NY - Dallas, TX
Posts: 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
Not seeing it at all would probably send a bigger message. But that ain't going to happen. Especially with the nutso "I'll never see it ever!" crowd.
Most people want to pull an Alan Moore.
__________________
"All fathers care for their sons."


** LOOKING FOR 2016 SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES EXCLUSIVE TMNT STATUES (LEO, MIKE, RAPH) **
NYShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
movie casting


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.