The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2014, 09:42 PM   #301
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
I find Nash to be excessively Man-Handsome. "No Homo."

Guys with a smile that's more of a smirk are generally far better-looking than others.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 09:46 PM   #302
Davetello
Banned
 
Davetello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Greater Glasgow, Scotland, The Ununited Kingdom
Posts: 1,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I find Nash to be excessively Man-Handsome. "No Homo."

Guys with a smile that's more of a smirk are generally far better-looking than others.
Yes, Nash is a good looking guy in that rugged, masculine way (that's better than the pretty boy way). I get the feeling he'd wanna kick our heads in for saying so though

Guys like Denzel Washington, Nash, Orton, Paolo Maldini are close to being 10/10 imo.
Davetello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 09:49 PM   #303
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,954
Oh, don't get me wrong, I do alright, but I'd do a helluva lot better looking like Selleck.

If you've ever been friends with really good looking people, you know life's just easier for them. People love to argue that looks don't matter, but that's a heavy dose of willful ignorance. Being average is fine and all, but when you have a million dollar face, everything changes. I can accept looking different, but as Peter Dinklage said in the Station Agent:
"People want to ask me about being short, but I don't want to talk about it. I may look like a dwarf, but inside, I'm just an average guy who likes trains."

lol...did we derail this thread? Lol....

Last edited by Commenter 42; 08-20-2014 at 09:55 PM.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 09:49 PM   #304
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davetello View Post
Yes, Nash is a good looking guy in that rugged, masculine way (that's better than the pretty boy way). I get the feeling he'd wanna kick our heads in for saying so though
Oh I'unno, Big Kev's got a sense of humor. You don't dub yourself "Big Sexy" unless you have a fairly good sense of humor and self-awareness, even if it's tongue-in-cheek.

Y'know who I find charming? Emilio Estevez. He's a handsome fella. I mean, Charlie gets all the girls, but he's also got all the drugs, and chicks love drugs. Emilio's the pretty one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
If you've ever been friends with really good looking people, you know life's just easier for them. People love to argue that looks don't matter, but that's a heavy dose of willful ignorance. Being average is fine and all, but when you have a million dollar face, everything changes.
No joke. It goes for height as well as looks. Many studies have proven that men under 6' tall will earn, on average, about a million dollars less over a lifetime than their taller peers. Also, bald/balding men are also discriminated against.

I laugh whenever anyone says "People shouldn't be judged on their looks, they can't help it!" Yeah, if it were a perfect world, but fact is, what you look like is about 60% of the determining factor of how your life is gonna turn out.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 09:51 PM   #305
Davetello
Banned
 
Davetello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Greater Glasgow, Scotland, The Ununited Kingdom
Posts: 1,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
Oh, don't get me wrong, I do alright, but I'd do a helluva lot better looking like Selleck.

If you've ever been friends with really good looking people, you know life's just easier for them. People love to argue that looks don't matter, but that's a heavy dose of willful ignorance. Being average is fine and all, but when you have a million dollar face, everything changes.
Yeah, that is true to an extent. In saying that I know loads of guys who are the opposite of good looking, but they give off the impression that they couldn't care less - even laugh when someone 'banters' calling them ugly etc. I think it probably is true that women value confidence more than anything.

Me? I've been told I'm good looking by some and I've been told I am not by others so I have no real idea what I am. What I do know though is that due to my lack of self-esteem, guys who look far worse than I do will do better with women if they have the confidence that I lack.
Davetello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 09:54 PM   #306
Davetello
Banned
 
Davetello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Greater Glasgow, Scotland, The Ununited Kingdom
Posts: 1,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Oh I'unno, Big Kev's got a sense of humor. You don't dub yourself "Big Sexy" unless you have a fairly good sense of humor and self-awareness, even if it's tongue-in-cheek.

Y'know who I find charming? Emilio Estevez. He's a handsome fella. I mean, Charlie gets all the girls, but he's also got all the drugs, and chicks love drugs. Emilio's the pretty one.
Yeah, that's true. As you said before, he came across as a top guy when you met him.

As for Estevez, he's another who seems to have gotten better looking with age (from the photos I saw, which admittedly wasn't many). Seems to happen to lots of men. Martin Kemp (of Spandeau Ballet game) is a great example of a guy who looks better with grey hair than he did dark.

Do you think Shawn Michaels is good looking? Technically he is, strong jawline etc, but there's something kinda creepy about him. He's one who has aged poorly, imo. All the drugs he's done etc.
Davetello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 09:57 PM   #307
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Kinda, yeah. People tell me I resemble Michaels a lot, but I think it's the hair more than anything. I mean, maybe a little of a resemblance, but he has a stronger jawline. He's alright, I can see why chicks like him. He definitely didn't age very gracefully, but he hung in there. He went from "pretty" to "rugged" pretty gracefully, then all his hair fell out.

Side note, first time Nash worked for us, he introduced himself to the locker room with, "So, where's a guy get naked around here?" Fun stuff.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 10:00 PM   #308
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davetello View Post
Yeah, that is true to an extent. In saying that I know loads of guys who are the opposite of good looking, but they give off the impression that they couldn't care less - even laugh when someone 'banters' calling them ugly etc. I think it probably is true that women value confidence more than anything.

Me? I've been told I'm good looking by some and I've been told I am not by others so I have no real idea what I am. What I do know though is that due to my lack of self-esteem, guys who look far worse than I do will do better with women if they have the confidence that I lack.
Yeah, that's true and all, but I've seen how the other half lives. When you're that kind of handsome, the women can't help themselves. The tables turn. You don't need to do anything. People comp you meals, they buy you drinks, they smile more, all without any effort.

When that's your world, confidence comes easy.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 10:02 PM   #309
Davetello
Banned
 
Davetello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Greater Glasgow, Scotland, The Ununited Kingdom
Posts: 1,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Kinda, yeah. People tell me I resemble Michaels a lot, but I think it's the hair more than anything. I mean, maybe a little of a resemblance, but he has a stronger jawline. He's alright, I can see why chicks like him. He definitely didn't age very gracefully, but he hung in there. He went from "pretty" to "rugged" pretty gracefully, then all his hair fell out.

Side note, first time Nash worked for us, he introduced himself to the locker room with, "So, where's a guy get naked around here?" Fun stuff.
Yeah, I suppose so with Michaels. I can't remember what you look like, but Michaels does have an extremely strong jaw. Cena has the craziest, most rock-hard jawline I have seen in ages - I think he's good looking but I know some women think he looks ugly because he's just too 'harsh' looking.

I read a great description of John Cena one. A guy said that Cena resembled Matt Damon. Another guy commented saying that Cena looks like what Matt Damon would look like after eating another Matt Damon LOL.

Lol was he always liked that aye? Never particularly serious? I assume he must have some sort of temper on him from time to time.
Davetello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 10:05 PM   #310
Davetello
Banned
 
Davetello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Greater Glasgow, Scotland, The Ununited Kingdom
Posts: 1,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
Yeah, that's true and all, but I've seen how the other half lives. When you're that kind of handsome, the women can't help themselves. The tables turn. You don't need to do anything. People comp you meals, they buy you drinks, they smile more, all without any effort.

When that's your world, confidence comes easy.
True, it's a self-fulfilling prophecy. It's easy to be 'confident' when people tell you how great you are all the time. And vice-versa is true as well.

Anyway, I tend to avoid that sort of thing as it's too depressing to dwell on

But the main point is still true - plenty of these so-called 'hunks' wouldn't get a second look from women if they weren't rich and famous. Lots of them are genuinely good looking, but lots of them aren't and I doubt that even 5% of their female fan base would still like them if they were (for example) "Justin Timberlake, burger flipper" (no disrespect to burger flippers).

I can easily believe that guys like Nash and Maldini would get women if they didn't have money or fame - but Timberlake and C Ronaldo? Nah, don't believe it for a minute.
Davetello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 10:06 PM   #311
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Side note, first time Nash worked for us, he introduced himself to the locker room with, "So, where's a guy get naked around here?" Fun stuff.
Just a side note: If you do go to the movies, Dave Batista is really amazing in guardians. Stands out and holds court.

What's Nash doing these days?
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 10:07 PM   #312
Davetello
Banned
 
Davetello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Greater Glasgow, Scotland, The Ununited Kingdom
Posts: 1,712
I have yet to see GotG - just haven't got round to it yet.
Davetello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 10:10 PM   #313
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davetello View Post
"Justin Timberlake, burger flipper" (no disrespect to burger flippers).

I can easily believe that guys like Nash and Maldini would get women if they didn't have money or fame - but Timberlake and C Ronaldo? Nah, don't believe it for a minute.
Timberlake caught a lucky break. Bieber looks like a little boy still, and I can't picture ever having a manly face.

The same is true of popular young actresses, but I said my piece on that once and the whole forum almost imploded, so I won't go there.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 10:12 PM   #314
Davetello
Banned
 
Davetello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Greater Glasgow, Scotland, The Ununited Kingdom
Posts: 1,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
Timberlake caught a lucky break. Bieber looks like a little boy still, and I can't picture ever having a manly face.

The same is true of popular young actresses, but I said my piece on that once and the whole forum almost imploded, so I won't go there.
Oh yeah, it works the other way around as well. It's not quite as common though because women tend to be far more attracted to money, fame, power than men are. Men tend to just judge these actresses on looks. In that sense it's more just a case of some guys having a weird taste in women.

That Harry Styles guy from One Direction has to be the most overrated guy I have ever seen in the looks department.

Last edited by Davetello; 08-20-2014 at 10:24 PM.
Davetello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 10:12 PM   #315
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davetello View Post
Lol was he always liked that aye? Never particularly serious? I assume he must have some sort of temper on him from time to time.
Nash? I've heard stories about him losing it but never seen it. Guy's rich, what's to get mad about anymore? I seen him get annoyed when some fans were being "rude" but the guy's so damn sarcastic you can't tell if he's joking or serious anyways. ((Shrug))

And there's some recent pics of me in the New Pictures thread if you're interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
What's Nash doing these days?
I only see him about twice a year, so I'unno. Last I heard he was still doing indy shows and conventions while under a WWE Legends deal, which is basically a merchandise contract. That, and a ton of movies that he gets a completely ridiculous amount of money for versus the effort he puts into 'em, because he's friends with all the right people and has the best agents and entertainment lawyers. And god bless 'im for that. Nobody wins harder at life than he does, which is why bitter and jealous people can't stand him.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 10:13 PM   #316
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davetello View Post
I have yet to see GotG - just haven't got round to it yet.
Not as great as everyone is saying, but definitely has more charm than most films of it's kind made in the last 8 years.

I know a few people who were involved, so I wanted to go opening weekend, to show them some love. No one expected the success.

Worth the extra for IMAX, if you go. Not true of every movie, but here it was good.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 10:13 PM   #317
Davetello
Banned
 
Davetello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Greater Glasgow, Scotland, The Ununited Kingdom
Posts: 1,712
Yeah Nash seems that sort from the shoot interviews. Thanks Leo, I will take a look when I get a chance.

^ Thanks a lot mate, will take a look into it. Won't be watching in IMAX though, as it's too much hassle.
Davetello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 10:18 PM   #318
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,954
Would you look at this? A healthy, normal, conversation!
Here, on the drome!

Who would have thought.
Just counting the minutes until someone crashes through a window and brow beats us with the word haters or something juvenile.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 10:22 PM   #319
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
I declare a 7-day moratorium on the word "butt-hurt".

It won't stick.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 10:25 PM   #320
Davetello
Banned
 
Davetello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Greater Glasgow, Scotland, The Ununited Kingdom
Posts: 1,712
Donno how old you are mate, but Leo and I are older and fairly world weary these days. Personally I can't be bothered arguing about too much these days. I can't work up the energy to argue with people about this film because, in all honesty, I am happy that some people enjoyed it. I tend to be that way with most things - if someone else likes it then fair enough.
Davetello is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cybercubed acts prejudice, racist


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.