The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2011, 03:54 PM   #3181
BoggleKng
Mad Scientist
 
BoggleKng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Boston, Ma
Posts: 1,224
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=150647855274

This one is fun..
__________________
You guys mind telling me what you're doing to my little green pal over there, hm? -Casey Jones, TMNT movie...
BoggleKng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 04:18 PM   #3182
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoggleKng View Post
That's totally cool!
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 06:17 PM   #3183
papa_smurf73
Stone Warrior
 
papa_smurf73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 933
Yep:

http://cgi.ebay.com/TMMT-Cover-Origi...f#ht_500wt_950
papa_smurf73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 06:29 PM   #3184
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist
 
I Crave Pizza No More's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 1,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoggleKng View Post
For as seldom as I shave, I might as well use this set. At least then I'd enjoy the process!
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 06:32 PM   #3185
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist
 
I Crave Pizza No More's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 1,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
It's footballorangeguy - everything he writes is made up BS.
The sad thing is, I think I did a bunch of business with him sometime around 2005. I remember it being an altogether positive experience, but that was when he started his listings at low prices and let the highest bidder win. Now, it seems like he manufactures demand by claiming that everything is super rare and by jacking the prices way up.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 08:06 PM   #3186
IamtheNorm
Foot Soldier
 
IamtheNorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Crave Pizza No More View Post
The sad thing is, I think I did a bunch of business with him sometime around 2005. I remember it being an altogether positive experience, but that was when he started his listings at low prices and let the highest bidder win. Now, it seems like he manufactures demand by claiming that everything is super rare and by jacking the prices way up.
I think the word RARE or anything relating to RARE should be banned from use on Ebay, it drives me crazy to see how everything is "rare" these days.
__________________
"The only thing better than maximum power...is SUPER MAXIMUM POWER!!!" -Krang

IamtheNorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 10:53 PM   #3187
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
No kidding. I chuckle a bit every time I see "ULTRA RARE!!!!!!!" labeled on stuff that are widely available in stores or are otherwise pretty damn common. I'm actually more bothered by the label "L@@K" on everything. Is that supposed to be clever? To you think by replacing the o's with arobas they're going to respond to your command? Hell, just putting the word "look" into the title is madness. If I wanna look at your product, I will. Telling me to do so isn't going to change my mind if I already have the wish to do so, and frankly, might actually turn me off from clicking your item.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 11:48 PM   #3188
jimmyjams
Hench Mutant
 
jimmyjams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by papa_smurf73 View Post
need to start saving up...
__________________
jimmyjams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 12:15 AM   #3189
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Psht, far too rich for my blood. I got an email about it earlier today from Kevin's assistant, & at the time the starting bid was $100.
3 hours later, that amount multiplied by ten.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 12:17 AM   #3190
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Psht, far too rich for my blood. I got an email about it earlier today from Kevin's assistant, & at the time the starting bid was $100.
3 hours later, that amount multiplied by ten.
Damn, it started at $100? With only two bidders, that means the top guy REALLY wants it.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 12:21 AM   #3191
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Damn, it started at $100? With only two bidders, that means the top guy REALLY wants it.
Part of me wonders if Kevin will get an "Oops, my bad!" message from the bidder....
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 12:43 AM   #3192
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Damn, it started at $100? With only two bidders, that means the top guy REALLY wants it.
Yeah, but it did have a reserve, and what that was is anyone's guess. I'd assume it was four to five hundred though at least.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 12:43 AM   #3193
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Part of me wonders if Kevin will get an "Oops, my bad!" message from the bidder....
I was half expecting that when a bid war for my Tales vol. 2 #32 ran the price up to $81.00, but the winner came through promptly and has left positive feedback.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 12:56 AM   #3194
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
Yeah....I'm out. If it was a painted cover or something of that nature, then fine, but $1000 for a 2011 Ink sketch is crazy IMO, regardless of it being a published cover or not.
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 01:08 AM   #3195
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Totally agree. I guess the interest behind it is that it's his like, first published turtle piece since '96, yeah?
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 01:18 AM   #3196
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
I wonder if it's "one of us"...

Like I've ever bid on a piece of art...the only thing I have that's close is my prize TMNT 4.1 signed by Peter and Jim.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 08:02 AM   #3197
OA
Scatter the nuns!!
 
OA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Turtle View Post
Yeah....I'm out. If it was a painted cover or something of that nature, then fine, but $1000 for a 2011 Ink sketch is crazy IMO, regardless of it being a published cover or not.
My thoughts exactly. Wayyyy too high for a 2011 piece, cover or not.
__________________
OA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 08:55 PM   #3198
BoggleKng
Mad Scientist
 
BoggleKng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Boston, Ma
Posts: 1,224
8 days and counting.. only time will tell
__________________
You guys mind telling me what you're doing to my little green pal over there, hm? -Casey Jones, TMNT movie...
BoggleKng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:14 AM   #3199
Shreddhead
Mad Scientist
 
Shreddhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,470
Check this out, a turtles shooting gallery. I cant say i remember this as a kid http://cgi.ebay.com/vintage-teenage-...a#ht_500wt_764
__________________

Shreddhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:23 AM   #3200
Shreddhead
Mad Scientist
 
Shreddhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,470
I also would LOVE this, but with the shipping its a little out of my price range.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Teenage-Mutant-N...b#ht_500wt_997
__________________

Shreddhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.