The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2012, 10:37 PM   #341
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Yeah, I'm sorry but that script screams "A MICHAEL BAY INVOLVED SCRIPT". I mean, it reads like a rejected Transformers movie. Heck, the plot is very close to Transformers 3 "Bring Cybertron to Earth" bit.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:44 PM   #342
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
So the script comes out. "Whine whine whine, what garbage, I hope it was canned".

The producer admits it was canned (shredded even). "Whine whine whine, it was real".

You people.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:45 PM   #343
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
So the script comes out. "Whine whine whine, what garbage, I hope it was canned".

The producer admits it was canned (shredded even). "Whine whine whine, it was real".

You people.
Probably because they're likely not going to abandon the "TMNT as aliens," thing, something people still hate the most.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:52 PM   #344
zkarlette
Fashionably late
 
zkarlette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: CA
Posts: 4,146
I'm not whining about it getting canned and shredded,I'm glad it got canned hopefully we'll get something better, at this rate I just wish they don't decide to throw away the hole project.
__________________
"If only we'd stop trying to be happy, we could have a pretty good time" E.W
zkarlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:54 PM   #345
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkarlette View Post
I'm not whining about it getting canned and shredded,I'm glad it got canned hopefully we'll get something better, at this rate I just wish they don't decide to throw away the hole project.
I'd rather have no new TMNT movie at all than an awful one that will stick for years to come.

We were able to live down The Next Mutation because the show was so short-lived and very few watched it in its original run, but something as big as a theatrical movie will leave a much bigger impact.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:22 AM   #346
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkarlette View Post
I'm not whining about it getting canned and shredded
What you did there, albeit accidentally, I see it.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:33 AM   #347
Xav
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,040
More like Schraded.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:03 AM   #348
Walkabout
Stone Warrior
 
Walkabout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
More like Schraded.
Oh the humanity
Walkabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:54 AM   #349
cartoonistaaron
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 737
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkarlette View Post
I'm not whining about it getting canned and shredded,I'm glad it got canned hopefully we'll get something better, at this rate I just wish they don't decide to throw away the hole project.
TMNT is far too valuable a property to just abandon plans for a movie. Viacom didn't "shell out" (yuk yuk) $60 million for the Ninja Turtles to not turn it into a movie. The cartoon is all well and good but they won't see the kind of cash flow from a cartoon that a successful movie could give them.

(Though not if it involves Col Schrader...)
cartoonistaaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:10 AM   #350
Nelson
Stone Warrior
 
Nelson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 673
Can someone please send me this aberration? Thanks in advance.
Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:10 AM   #351
chrisdude
Foot Elite
 
chrisdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,708
I tend to think this whole "leaked script" is a hoax. If it does exist in full, I think its weird that everybody seems to have lost it. And the excerpts read like an actual parody of Michael Bay.

I'm not at all convinced that it's real.
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:38 AM   #352
PAAATE
Stone Warrior
 
PAAATE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sweden
Posts: 993
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdude View Post
I tend to think this whole "leaked script" is a hoax. If it does exist in full, I think its weird that everybody seems to have lost it. And the excerpts read like an actual parody of Michael Bay.

I'm not at all convinced that it's real.
Bay totally paid you off!

No no, it's real. Everything points towards it being real.
__________________
I'm a member. I forgot about it, so now I'm a remember.
PAAATE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:46 AM   #353
chrisdude
Foot Elite
 
chrisdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAAATE View Post
Bay totally paid you off!

No no, it's real. Everything points towards it being real.
I dunno. Every article about it seems to point to TMNT NOT TANT (who claims they had to pull the script because of a cease and desist order that they could've just typed up, themselves) and Latino Review, who made that video review that's going around, but the writer says in his own article that he doesn't have the script in his possession.

To my knowledge, no one actually has the script. It's as if this thing hit the web and nobody downloaded it.

I think it's a hoax, and the excerpts are manufactured. And TMNT NOT TANT, a blog that appears to have had near-zero followers before this, may be behind it.

EDIT________________
Seems like dudes here are far more in the loop than I, and I probably have words to eat. I guess it's good I showed up.
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:28 AM   #354
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,384
The TANT script is real. If some are saying it's fake, the same can be said of many other aborted film scripts that have cropped up online like Superman Lives etc, when we all know there real.

Sometimes you just have to accept s*it like this happens and Hollywood IS that stupid.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:33 AM   #355
Bob
Stone Warrior
 
Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UK, England
Posts: 546
"That script saw the shredder a long time ago." I must admit, I do like that.

I don't believe him. Why has it got the 30th January date, and the two writers’ names who we know are writing the script? Still, at least it proves that the finished film will probably be quite a bit different to that script. But yeah, I doubt the alien angle will be dropped. Face it, it’s in there. It wasn't even the worst thing about the script, anyway. I actually thought the whole alien revelation was handled okay. My main gripe was with Shredder and the Foot. Hopefully that's one of the things that's been altered for the better.

Last edited by Bob; 08-30-2012 at 09:43 AM.
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:30 PM   #356
TurtleMaster4
Hench Mutant
 
TurtleMaster4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Some where in the Sewers of New York!
Posts: 390
While i've said that it might be false (and was wrong) i never admitted that it was. I wish it was though. I'm just glad it saw the shredder. but dose that mean the completely trashed the whole script?

When Michael bay first hinted about the alien concept, was that still when the iron man writers were on, (it was the iron man writers right?) or was it the guys on board now? If it was the iron man writers, the whole script could have been completely trashed right.

I'm just wondering if this is what they wrote, or what the mission impossible (new guys) wrote?

The question still remains.... why won't they come out clean and say if they are or are not going to be aliens still, if they aren't in the next script? Is it more of a marketing technique, or is it a dark secret that lies within, the scripts?
TurtleMaster4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:54 PM   #357
thelouisguy
Hench Mutant
 
thelouisguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montréal
Posts: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdude View Post
I dunno. Every article about it seems to point to TMNT NOT TANT (who claims they had to pull the script because of a cease and desist order that they could've just typed up, themselves) and Latino Review, who made that video review that's going around, but the writer says in his own article that he doesn't have the script in his possession.

To my knowledge, no one actually has the script. It's as if this thing hit the web and nobody downloaded it.

I think it's a hoax, and the excerpts are manufactured. And TMNT NOT TANT, a blog that appears to have had near-zero followers before this, may be behind it.

EDIT________________
Seems like dudes here are far more in the loop than I, and I probably have words to eat. I guess it's good I showed up.
The script is real. I have read it. Read my thoughts on it here:
http://www.crossovercomics.ca/frontp...irst-thoughts/

PM me if you want a copy of the script.
thelouisguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:55 PM   #358
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,187
I am sure everyone can guess what Peter Laird had to say...
http://screenrant.com/ninja-turtles-...t-peter-laird/


If the turtles are mutants instead of aliens everything else would be fine. The next year as new information becomes avaialble it should be atleast interesting to read.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:21 PM   #359
Xav
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleMaster4 View Post
When Michael bay first hinted about the alien concept, was that still when the iron man writers were on, (it was the iron man writers right?) or was it the guys on board now? If it was the iron man writers, the whole script could have been completely trashed right.

I'm just wondering if this is what they wrote, or what the mission impossible (new guys) wrote?
This is what the MI4 guys wrote, and Bay hinted at the Turtles being aliens less than two months after this script is dated.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:08 PM   #360
Nick Kell
Foot Soldier
 
Nick Kell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 118
My biggest problem with this proposed script is the reliance on Casey. That didn't really work for Transformers and it's less necessary here because history has already proven that people will buy into the Turtles as main characters. I can maybe understand the hesitance in having giant robots lead your story without any human characters for non-fans to relate to, but the Turtles are essentially human leads - just green and without pants.

I have less of a problem with Shredder's portrayal here. Let's not forget Super Shredder in Secret of the Ooze. He basically turned into a spikey monster. Although it does smack of Cobra Commander in the GI Joe movie and that was an utter failure. I didn't even realize Shredder was Japanese in the original cartoon, so I don't spontaneously combust at the notion of him being American or whatever they want him to be here.

He was an alien in the 2000-era cartoon, too!

The turtles being aliens is lazy, because you can clearly still include Dimension X without the Turtles needing to be from there. The "save your real homeland" plot seems too heavy, especially considering how late that plot point seems to be introduced in the story.

I would love to see Krang rendered in a live action movie on the big screen. He's such an insane character, so unless the story is equally out there, he will see wickedly out of place. I don't mind him as a shadowy character for much of the movie, just like the SHIELD people in the Avengers. He's an anthropomorphic brain (with a speech impediment), it's probably best to minimize his screen time and maximize his impact.

Also, Rocksteady and Beebop! In a live-action film! I really hope they survive future revisions.

If you put someone on this movie with enough respect for the source material (there has to be plenty of 30-something Turtle fans writing scripts in Hollywood right now), you can salvage this.

For example, in the scene where the Turtles all choose black headbands before Casey gives them color-coded wraps, you could give them all red headbands as an homage to the original comics and have a line something along the lines of "it's too confusing with you all wearing red". It's the same idea but it ties in the history of the Turtles, which will make the true fans happy.
Nick Kell is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
depressing, gay


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.