The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2013, 01:04 PM   #361
Scanderson
Hench Mutant
 
Scanderson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
source?
what do you mean "fewer are changing hands"
Watching current Ebay sales on these, there is one listed for sale and a couple that have sold. Compared to a month ago, there is much less on Ebay. Do people sell in other places, yes. I suspect that many folks that received these for free have cashed out on these. I also suspect that most current owners paid $150 or more for them, and therefore have them in their collections. Again, JMO (just my opinion). I watch these sales closely, and I feel pretty comfortable with the statement. The last two figures closed at $300+ ( one for $330). This suggests less supply recently. Again, I indicated that "it appears" that fewer are changing hands.
Scanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:12 PM   #362
JoshDA7X
Hench Mutant
 
JoshDA7X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 261
I ended up getting all the sets in the end save for the shell raiser and the baxter set as that would be £200 for all the sets which is a bit much all at once. I can seriously say that these are some of the best Lego's I've had - not just because they are Turtles!
__________________


Donatello: You're a claustrophobic.
Casey Jones: You want a fist in the mouth? I've never even looked at another guy.
JoshDA7X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:50 AM   #363
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshDA7X View Post
I ended up getting all the sets in the end save for the shell raiser and the baxter set as that would be £200 for all the sets which is a bit much all at once. I can seriously say that these are some of the best Lego's I've had - not just because they are Turtles!
The turtles are awesome... love their head sculpts and the shells. dogpound and fishface are GREAT figures too. Even splinter and shredder turned out really nice. I'm really happy with them all.

Starting to think about the next wave of turtle LEGO, which will probably happen. I don't think we are going to get 8 or 12 new sets a year or anything crazy, but 2 or 3 sets a year is reasonable based on how they handled the Spongebob license.

Would be cool to see a Chong minifigure, or newtralizer, karai (even though female LEGO figs are pretty ugly IMO), rat king... LEATHERHEAD :p
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:16 AM   #364
ToSte
Hench Mutant
 
ToSte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Alaska
Posts: 419
Shredders right eye is whited out due to being messed up, why are both of the eyes on Lego Chris Bradford whited out?
ToSte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:23 AM   #365
NiNi
Hench Mutant
 
NiNi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 369
-ponders- Well, the plus side is - if I go out with my best friend sometime soon I have a reason to check out the Lego Store and buy something from there for once. XD

If I find any of them, I'll likely snag a set or two for right now. It'll give me something to do at least since I like using my hands for creating things like artwork or building something.

Thank you for the information! Before I wasn't aware of how many sets there were thus far.
__________________
NiNi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:39 PM   #366
JoshDA7X
Hench Mutant
 
JoshDA7X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Would be cool to see a Chong minifigure, or newtralizer, karai (even though female LEGO figs are pretty ugly IMO), rat king... LEATHERHEAD :p
Leatherhead would be awesome. I'd like a smaller set with some more Kraang droids in too!
__________________


Donatello: You're a claustrophobic.
Casey Jones: You want a fist in the mouth? I've never even looked at another guy.
JoshDA7X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:30 PM   #367
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Just got the Kraang lab set today. I want to get Baxter set next
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:20 PM   #368
mousesi2k
Thug
 
mousesi2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 95
Anybody seen the Turtle keychains in any stores like TRU or Walmart?
mousesi2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:57 PM   #369
JoshDA7X
Hench Mutant
 
JoshDA7X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by mousesi2k View Post
Anybody seen the Turtle keychains in any stores like TRU or Walmart?
Nooooo! But when I do, I will be buying them!!
__________________


Donatello: You're a claustrophobic.
Casey Jones: You want a fist in the mouth? I've never even looked at another guy.
JoshDA7X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:05 AM   #370
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
Is it these? I think it's fan made though.

http://omgwtfneo.tumblr.com/post/424...ocked-up-again



Anyway, my TMNT Lego Lair has yet to come. Over 1 month now..
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:40 AM   #371
tmntman
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 2,444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Is it these? I think it's fan made though.
I'm assuming that the post was referring to the Turtle Mini figure keychains.
__________________


Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:08 AM   #372
super curry max
Hench Mutant
 
super curry max's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Sterling, IL
Posts: 474
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshDA7X View Post
Leatherhead would be awesome. I'd like a smaller set with some more Kraang droids in too!
Leatherhead could be easily custom made using a head from the lego chima line crocodile guys.

such as this guy:
http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Crawley-s-Claw-Ripper-70001
__________________
Try not to die.
super curry max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:11 AM   #373
mousesi2k
Thug
 
mousesi2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntman View Post
I'm assuming that the post was referring to the Turtle Mini figure keychains.
Yup! These guys here:

mousesi2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:44 AM   #374
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by super curry max View Post
Leatherhead could be easily custom made using a head from the lego chima line crocodile guys.

such as this guy:
http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Crawley-s-Claw-Ripper-70001
I've thought about that. But I'd rather see him as a 'large' minifigure similar to how they did Hulk and the Rancor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mousesi2k View Post
Yup! These guys here:

I will buy those on sight
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:07 PM   #375
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by mousesi2k View Post
Yup! These guys here:

ooo! me want!!!
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:56 PM   #376
JoshDA7X
Hench Mutant
 
JoshDA7X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
I will buy those on sight
This!!!! I'm going to check my local Lego store tomorrow!!!
__________________


Donatello: You're a claustrophobic.
Casey Jones: You want a fist in the mouth? I've never even looked at another guy.
JoshDA7X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:40 PM   #377
super curry max
Hench Mutant
 
super curry max's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Sterling, IL
Posts: 474
I now have all the lego turtle figures, minus the exclusives.
__________________
Try not to die.

Last edited by super curry max; 09-01-2014 at 02:57 PM.
super curry max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:43 PM   #378
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by super curry max View Post
I now have all the lego turtle figures, minus the exclusives.
great man! i have them all too! Do you have each variant of the turtles as well?

still disappointed in the mouser oh well, can't have everything
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:56 AM   #379
JoshDA7X
Hench Mutant
 
JoshDA7X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 261
I managed to get the Leo keychain yesterday and I'm going back today to get the other three!
__________________


Donatello: You're a claustrophobic.
Casey Jones: You want a fist in the mouth? I've never even looked at another guy.
JoshDA7X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:09 AM   #380
Ryanator008
Hench Mutant
 
Ryanator008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 293
After a long day of thinking about it, today I will buy the Turtle Lair Attack set. It's my first Lego set.
__________________
Quote:
Keonta, Karova, Melanite, Harkova! A thousand nightmares will soon come true, space will twist and rip in two. Reality ends, time is tossed, as galaxies found, become galaxies lost!
Ryanator008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.