The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2014, 02:49 PM   #361
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
If Leo's character begins to get darker as the series progresses, I don't mind him having a deeper, darker voice as he "matures".

Perhaps that's what they were going for.
I'm pretty sure they scripted Season 3 (at least the first few episodes), way before they ever knew they were firing Biggs.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 02:50 PM   #362
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Why is this "show" not off the air yet? I can guarantee you that not a single person has given it good ratings. And it's been on forever!

Knowing the media they'll give it a reboot in 20 years. Ugh.
They'll probably make it an anime! Ugh.

Ugh.

Ugh.

Ugh.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 02:50 PM   #363
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,791
I want Dom back.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 02:52 PM   #364
victory_angel
Foot Elite
 
victory_angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Ca
Posts: 3,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
I can see it now: CyberCubed merchandise everywhere! T-shirts, hats, cups, posters, the works!
Probably has a merch shop on Zazzle, Spredshirt, and Cafepress.
__________________
victory_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 02:54 PM   #365
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by zantha View Post
the clip looks beautiful, the lighting and everything. I'm am just a little disappointed that Leo has to save his brothers. Is it only me that is getting annoyed with him getting all of the best fights and action. I mean, out of the turtles he had the best fight in the final. in last years final he was going to make a heroic sacrifice twice. it is getting very annoying from me. this has been my favourite version of Leo as I never liked him in any other version, now I am starting to dislike him.

I am also disappointed that is seems, though I cant say for sure that any development that Donnie could have had from being in charge and dealing with guilt is not going to happen. I feel like they have to be building to something with him. with all of the promises he makes and the way he blames himself for things that are not is fault, but it just doesn't seem to be happen.
Bingo! I'm a big Raphael fan, how do you think I feel that Raph missed out on not only the lair invasion, but had no but kicking going on during the attack at April's apartment. I'm serious when I say, if the writers really hate Raph that much and have such a hard on for Leo and Donnie, then just get rid of Raph instead of bastardizing his character. I just don't understand what went wrong. Season one was great, because it was mostly equally focused, each Turtle brought something to the team. Season 2 in the beginning, was decent. But lately, it's been way too much the Leo and Donnie show, and it's pathetic that this is the second season finale, and Raphael has been absent for all of the good fight scenes. It's lazy and uncalled for.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 02:54 PM   #366
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
Probably has a merch shop on Zazzle, Spredshirt, and Cafepress.
And let's not forget a new movie! With Michael Bay attached as director, telling the daily life of CyberCubed....THROUGH EXPLOSIONS!!!
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 02:54 PM   #367
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I want Dom back.
I never noticed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Seth's voice of Leo is horrible. Its like he was not even trying to imitate the old voice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Of course people were expecting him to sound similar just like Dom imitated Biggs.

Why didn't they stick with Dom he was perfect?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Seth's voice is awful and doesn't fit Nick's Leo at all. Why did they not just stick with Dom? Sounded almost identical to Biggs and he was improving to.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 02:56 PM   #368
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
I never noticed.
Y'know, if I didn't know better, I'd say Cubed is trying to tell us something.....

Though it may be just a hunch.
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 02:56 PM   #369
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Creep looks great.

Love the music for this ep... they are not even trying to hide what a huge Friday The 13th homage this is. The music feels like it's pulled right from it. That, or the Halloween movies.

I do dig Seth as Leo. No complaints here. I do have a concern though... that the new voice is VERY different from Season 1 and 2 Leo... it's going to be jarring. I'm sure all the kid fans are going to notice too. When I was a kid, I definitely noticed stuff like that.
Yep, I think I stopped watching the 80's TMNT when they changed Raphael's voice, because it was just that, too jarring for me. But, I was a stupid kid back then. Now, I could care less at the moment. Although, I am hopeful that maybe Sean Astin will drop out and maybe Nolan North will reprise the Raphael role.

Last edited by Warhorse; 09-25-2014 at 03:04 PM.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 02:57 PM   #370
Leofan26
Mad Scientist
 
Leofan26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyday View Post
Something tells that they're going to have write him a little differently to fit the voice. No more bright wide eye innocent Leonardo any more.

But that's not necessarily a bad thing. Part of me wish that they have already gone down that road after the season 1 finale.
Guess it took almost dying three times for it to take it's toll on Leo

It's slowly going to change his character season three, dark twisted type of way.
Kind of a bit like what happened in the 2003 series.

Three cheers for Cybs, breaking a world record of complaining.
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 02:58 PM   #371
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
Yep, I think I stopped watching the 80's TMNT when they changed Raphael's voice, because it was just that, too jarring for me.
LOL, what? Raph's voice only changed for the last 8 episodes of the OT, bar the Euro Vacation episodes and two eps in Season 3.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 03:00 PM   #372
Xiewin
Stone Warrior
 
Xiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 900
Woah that's a huge voice change for Leo O_O

I guess I sort of like it?
Xiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 03:01 PM   #373
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
If Leo's character begins to get darker as the series progresses, I don't mind him having a deeper, darker voice as he "matures".

Perhaps that's what they were going for.
I just see it that he's hitting another jolt of puberty.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 03:01 PM   #374
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiewin View Post
Woah that's a huge voice change for Leo O_O

I guess I sort of like it?
But I don't like it. Seth Green is all wrong for Leo.

Dom really was the perfect Bigg's replacement.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 03:03 PM   #375
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
But I don't like it. Seth Green is all wrong for Leo.

Dom really was the perfect Bigg's replacement.
Another post to add to the pile.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 03:05 PM   #376
Leofan26
Mad Scientist
 
Leofan26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
But I don't like it. Seth Green is all wrong for Leo.

Dom really was the perfect Bigg's replacement.
Didn't you used to complain about his voice at the beginning of the season too?
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 03:05 PM   #377
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
OMG! Leo only said one line, give it a few episodes and you get used to Leo's new voice.
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.

Vicky82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 03:05 PM   #378
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
But I don't like it.
Last I check, Xiewin didn't ask about how you felt. We get already, you don't like it. So how about posting it over and over again?

Don't you still have a Ninja Turtles movie to complain about, or are you already past that phase?
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 03:06 PM   #379
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leofan26 View Post
Didn't you used to complain about his voice at the beginning of the season too?
And Kraang Prime, and Bebop, and Rat King.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 03:06 PM   #380
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,791
I'm willing to bet when the first Season 3 ep airs on TV and we hear a lot of Leo lines, you guys won't like it either. Sounds like Leo went from being a 15 year old kid to a 20 year old in the span of getting beaten up by Shredder.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
nick, season 3 official info


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.