The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2006, 11:05 PM   #21
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph's Girl
Fugitoid revealed a couple issues back that Raptarr was seriously injured but would be ok. Guess he heals quickly. It's been a little over a month comic time since Raph mutated and shot Raptarr.
ah yes one of the issues my comic shop never got...*sigh*
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 11:30 PM   #22
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
Well if you want any of the issues I can email em to ya. I have em all in my comp.
__________________
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 11:37 PM   #23
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph's Girl
Well if you want any of the issues I can email em to ya. I have em all in my comp.
ahhh I love ya! yes I'll Pm you!
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 09:14 AM   #24
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Sounds cool. If the Shredder is back, how long has it been since he last appeared in the comics? Years!?
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 11:36 AM   #25
DrSpengler
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot Clan Major
Sounds cool. If the Shredder is back, how long has it been since he last appeared in the comics? Years!?
If you don't count the shark-monster from "Worms of Madness", then he hasn't appeared since, what, '89?

But that's if you want to count clones.

Otherwise, the REAL Shredder's only appearance in the Mirage comics was in Vol. 1 #1.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 05:05 PM   #26
TheShowstoppa
Stone Warrior
 
TheShowstoppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Indiana
Posts: 629
I don't think this Shredder has anything to do with the continuity of the Shredder from TMNT '84. I think it's one of those parallel demension things. Is it next monday yet so I can pick these bad boys up?
__________________

Courtesy of LUCKFF
"I don't know what bothers me more; That this actually worked, or that Don carries around a pigeon puppet." - Mikey: Search for Splinter Pt. 1
TheShowstoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 09:45 PM   #27
Warrior_Dragon
Mouser
 
Warrior_Dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10
Has it ever been commented on that Jim Lawson's artwork has come a million miles since the old days?
He has always been my favorite Turtle artist and these days he just has such a detailed hand while keeping that quirky anatomy.
Warrior_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 11:53 PM   #28
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior_Dragon
Has it ever been commented on that Jim Lawson's artwork has come a million miles since the old days?
He has always been my favorite Turtle artist and these days he just has such a detailed hand while keeping that quirky anatomy.
you're Jim Lawson aren't you? hahahaha
Cause I think just about every other tmnt comic fan around would strongly dissagree with you.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 01:34 AM   #29
Warrior_Dragon
Mouser
 
Warrior_Dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent
you're Jim Lawson aren't you? hahahaha
Cause I think just about every other tmnt comic fan around would strongly dissagree with you.
haha. Really? Weirdsville ... I have a really nostalgic attachment to Jim Lawson's stuff. It's very "80's indie". I'm going to have to snoop around here more ... ... see what you folks have been saying ... and report back to Dark Lord Jim ...

*que spooky music/lightning*

dun dun duuUUUUUUN ...
Warrior_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 04:07 PM   #30
discordiatookie
facehugger
 
discordiatookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Posts: 2,817
I for one am a massive Lawson fan!
__________________
Oh Discordia! Charyou Tree! Come, Reap!
Don't tell us to grow up and out of it
I got my cloak and dagger in a bar room brawl

You actually trying to read this tiny text? Damn, you're dedicated! This is all just for effect you know...

original TMNT art collection
discordiatookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 08:49 PM   #31
Warrior_Dragon
Mouser
 
Warrior_Dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tookie
I for one am a massive Lawson fan!
Ha! Lawson fans unite! We shall smite those who ... ya know, don't agree with us ... and junk ...
Warrior_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 09:31 PM   #32
DrSpengler
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,842
Lawson is a good artist. I mean, I have copies of Return to New York, City at War and Tales of the TMNT vol. 1 as PROOF that the man knows how to draw.

But lately he's stylised his art to such an intense degree that it looks flat, lifeless and...well, *lazy*. It's Hanna Barbara-quality, these days. A lot of it has to do with the inking which is less-than-flattering.

Lawson CAN draw really well...he just doesn't anymore.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 03:06 PM   #33
discordiatookie
facehugger
 
discordiatookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Posts: 2,817
i think his work in Tales is normally better than his work in vol 4, mostly because of the shading. vol 4 kinda has a 'lazy ass' style of shading if feel, but i like it! must say i prefer his turtles and non-humans though, compared to his humans - but hey! its a comic book, so i dont need it to be uber-realistic!
__________________
Oh Discordia! Charyou Tree! Come, Reap!
Don't tell us to grow up and out of it
I got my cloak and dagger in a bar room brawl

You actually trying to read this tiny text? Damn, you're dedicated! This is all just for effect you know...

original TMNT art collection
discordiatookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 01:39 AM   #34
OldSchooler
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 163
Early Vol.4's inking over toning was a better look in my mind. There was a darker, more artistic quality to it, but still TMNT is better than no TMNT, and I rather enjoy the stories so I'll be first in line when the hiatus ends...
OldSchooler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 04:50 PM   #35
Warrior_Dragon
Mouser
 
Warrior_Dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tookie
i think his work in Tales is normally better than his work in vol 4, mostly because of the shading. vol 4 kinda has a 'lazy ass' style of shading if feel, but i like it! must say i prefer his turtles and non-humans though, compared to his humans - but hey! its a comic book, so i dont need it to be uber-realistic!
Now this I will totally agree with. As much of a Lawson fan as I am I am not much of a fan of his human characters. There really isn't alot going on in the faces.
Warrior_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 11:41 AM   #36
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!
 
Buslady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In 7803...
Posts: 4,366
Lawson WAS good. Now like you guys said, his art is lazy and there's no REAL emotion in anything.

Dooney...now he's a cool artist.
__________________
Buslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 07:19 PM   #37
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist
 
Sabacooza's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,994
Quote:
Originally posted by Buslady
Dooney...now he's a cool artist.
You forgot to mention me of course
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 07:30 PM   #38
Spawn Guy
Mad Scientist
 
Spawn Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth 616
Posts: 1,481
Nuff said.
__________________


THE TECHNODROME'S LITTLE YELLOW BOX LOVER

madpiratebunny (19:26:51): oh goodness, I've got an idea
SpawnGuyThing (19:26:57): Do tell
madpiratebunny (19:27:02): nononono
madpiratebunny (19:27:05): no telling
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:10): ...
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:27): But I'm the imaginery friend you always wanted
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:36): Your supposed to tell me everything
Spawn Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 09:19 AM   #39
Rooish
Devil's Advocate
 
Rooish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,130
God, that's grim! And awesome! What was that for?
__________________


Thanks evan2000 for the sig!
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 12:27 PM   #40
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist
 
Sabacooza's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,994
Quote:
Originally posted by Rooish
God, that's grim! And awesome! What was that for?
Just a piece I did for Halloween. It's on my deviant site.

Cool you're from Ontario! I have a very close friend who lives there. I've also been to Toronto. Beautiful city.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comic discussion, volume 4


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.