The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2006, 05:12 PM   #21
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist
 
Anarchistguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
Posts: 2,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed
I
The new show failed to become as big a hit as the original TMNT or Pokemon. It basically bombed in the ratings and is only surviving on toy sales
Somehow I don't think that was Laird's goal. But I do think he was aiming at the wrong audience. Kids apparently prefer teenage stereotypes and flashy stuff to evolving stoyrlines and character developement.
__________________
M.D.K.
Maim! Destroy! Kill!!!



"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"
Anarchistguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 05:15 PM   #22
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Dawn
Actually, I have not seen one kid yet that likes this new incarnation. 2K3 season was popular with them, and adults. They had a good formula going.

There is absolutely NO NEED to go back to the 'old cartoon, as that's time has passed. Laird was never trying to recapture that.

Thank goodness.
I agree I wanted to puke after watching this weeks episode. The begining alone made me want to turn it off and it only took me less then a minute to have that urge.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 08:09 PM   #23
Sliced
Stone Warrior
 
Sliced's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Right behind you
Posts: 793
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire666xXxXx
I think their good because most of us don't like it and kids seem to like what adults don't haha
I don't care if kids are liking it or not, nor I care that adults like it or not (we all know the answer here). But EVERYONE is curious about this... cartoon. I'm pretty sure that alot of people, are just waking up to see FF.

Its new, its the total opposite of what we had, but still, we want to know what's the deal with it. So we watch and react afterwards...

BTW, Does anybody knows what are the ratings so far ? I can't seem to find them. Or are 4kids keeping them secret maybe ?...

But really, if they want to keep the audience in, they have to make things move faster.. after all, this is Fast Forward.. ...

Oh and come on guys. Stop fighting like that, it will only raise tension between lovers and haters... Useless really.
__________________
Sliced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 09:59 PM   #24
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
I know I'm just kidding around. The new show has this
"Adults are bad kids rock" theme going on that's why I said that.

As for ratings I think those are once a month aren't they? And if so we have one more week.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 10:14 PM   #25
Sliced
Stone Warrior
 
Sliced's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Right behind you
Posts: 793
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire666xXxXx
I know I'm just kidding around. The new show has this
"Adults are bad kids rock" theme going on that's why I said that.
Oh sorry, did I seemed too serious in my last post ? Because I wasn't

Yeah, it does have that feel to it. Well, they now have what they wanted, let see if its working out on those ratings.
__________________
Sliced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 02:19 PM   #26
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie
It was a good point though that he said he liked it...and is clearly and old toon fan. I think alot of the old toon fans who did not like the 2k3 series wil probably really love Fast Forward. It's kinda the same goofy silliness that you all like about the old show. *shrugs* who knows...maybe that is the only group of fans they think exist out there.
I'm a hard core classic toon fan and I do not like FF so far. In fact I think its a bit insulting that the classic toon is getting comapred to Fast Foward at all.
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 03:21 PM   #27
Ninja Tiptup
Mad Scientist
 
Ninja Tiptup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Washington
Posts: 1,451
According to this:

http://www.cynopsis.com/content/view/723/53/

It scored at 0.7/4 which is not very good at all for a show premiere.

Infact the rerun the week before got 0.9 so... what does that tell you?
__________________
It's weird to be normal, and it's normal to be weird.
Ninja Tiptup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 08:23 PM   #28
Nexxorcist
Thug
 
Nexxorcist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Tiptup
According to this:

http://www.cynopsis.com/content/view/723/53/

It scored at 0.7/4 which is not very good at all for a show premiere.

Infact the rerun the week before got 0.9 so... what does that tell you?
it kinda tells me that not many people with a nielson rating box are watching tmnt during the summer, if at all, which is kinda the main reason that most stations generally dont premiere shows during the summer time.

kids are usually outside playing then.
Nexxorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 10:28 PM   #29
Kaneda
Foot Soldier
 
Kaneda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 147
I have never met a kid who likes the turtles,2k3 or FF.I've asked kids 4 to 8 and there all like no I don't watch that.When FF starts airing the full season I'll see if I see any kids wearing some of the shirts.
__________________
http://www.dontdoitarmy.com

~Katana Courtesy of Sliced~
Kaneda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 11:51 PM   #30
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
it's funny I went to target tonight to see if they had anything new and sure enough they had sold out of all the fast forward toys except one mike and the guy was just bring out the deluxe figures...they also had one mutated don left so I grabbed that..I've seen him before but his box was messed up..
But the point of this is to say yea everything seems to be selling besides those dino turtles. So those thinking fast forawrd isnt gonna sell to kids..think again...it seems to be working allready.
Also when I was walking out there was a little boy wearing a 2k3 ninja turtles shirt..so yea kids dig them here in Cali.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 02:39 PM   #31
Whitewolf89
Freedom Fighter and Ninja
 
Whitewolf89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Currently residing in the Turtles' Lair, NYC sewer system, NYC, NY
Posts: 2,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo
Prick.

Before you try that garbage on me, I only go after people who thash shows and can't give solid reasoning and just say "it suckz"
Guys, please. Don't fight, okay?
__________________
Brother against brother...........
Whitewolf89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 04:45 PM   #32
oldtoonTMNTfan
Random Punk
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Tiptup
According to this:

http://www.cynopsis.com/content/view/723/53/

It scored at 0.7/4 which is not very good at all for a show premiere.

Infact the rerun the week before got 0.9 so... what does that tell you?
The rerun rating shows an improvement, hopefully when Fast Forward premieres it will gain an audience.
oldtoonTMNTfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 05:00 PM   #33
Sliced
Stone Warrior
 
Sliced's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Right behind you
Posts: 793
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Tiptup
According to this:

http://www.cynopsis.com/content/view/723/53/

It scored at 0.7/4 which is not very good at all for a show premiere.

Infact the rerun the week before got 0.9 so... what does that tell you?
Jeez, I thought that it would do a little better than that really.

As for the toys, they must be selling pretty well everywhere. Here, the pegs are empty. With not alot of figures remaining on them... Except of those dino ones.
__________________
Sliced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 08:46 PM   #34
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliced
Jeez, I thought that it would do a little better than that really.

As for the toys, they must be selling pretty well everywhere. Here, the pegs are empty. With not alot of figures remaining on them... Except of those dino ones.
yep same here no one likes those dinos...times are changing because they said "oh we're gonna make this dino line cause kids like dino's!" mmmhmm showed them didn't they!
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 09:20 PM   #35
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Yeah all I see on the racks are Dinosaurs and a few old ones like General Blaq
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 12:02 AM   #36
Sliced
Stone Warrior
 
Sliced's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Right behind you
Posts: 793
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent
yep same here no one likes those dinos...times are changing because they said "oh we're gonna make this dino line cause kids like dino's!" mmmhmm showed them didn't they!
You know, that's something I saw recently. Kids are not into dinosaurs anymore. Or atleast, the interest dropped down alot. I remember the vintage tmnt with dinos. Everybody wanted those, but today... Man, a little longer on the racks, and those dino toys are gonna be fossil toys.... LOL.

Come on Spielberg, the kids need another Jurassic Park...
__________________
Sliced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 01:08 AM   #37
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliced
You know, that's something I saw recently. Kids are not into dinosaurs anymore. Or atleast, the interest dropped down alot. I remember the vintage tmnt with dinos. Everybody wanted those, but today... Man, a little longer on the racks, and those dino toys are gonna be fossil toys.... LOL.

Come on Spielberg, the kids need another Jurassic Park...
well in all honesty with the old line the turtles had been cave turtles and looked pretty cool along with bebop and april also. The dinos may not have been that cool besides april and bebops of course..it would have been cool to see cave man shredder have like his outfit be made of stone...yep that's why I should be working at playmates...shesh I mean it's not that hard to think of cool ideas is it? lol
And yea I think a dino movie being out or anything related would have helped....it didn't help much that sports had been interupting TMNT at the time the 2 episodes with the guys and Savanti in the past aired on fox..
Just another reason this show failed..as well as the toy line...not much thought went into it on certain peoples ends.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.