The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2006, 07:14 PM   #1
U2WaTCHer
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 365
The outcome of FF so far?

So far what is the outcome of FF so far? What are common kids and people of today besides us hardcore old fans say about FF? Its there call if it goes or stays. Have you guys found anything out? Also how are the ratings so far? I know we are only 2 weeks in this preview but this has to show us somewhere if its doing any good. IF anyone has any articals or ratings please post!
__________________
Krang
------ Long Live The Krang Legions!------
U2WaTCHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 07:28 PM   #2
Sliced
Stone Warrior
 
Sliced's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Right behind you
Posts: 793
Hmm, good question. I expect the ratings to be quite good so far. Why ? I'm sure that alot of people are pretty curious about FF, and there must be quite alot of ppl who are watching the previews this summer.

As for the toys, I think that their sales must be average for now, but they will surely be better once the evil turtles are gonna show their dirty nose in the cartoon.
__________________
Sliced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 07:45 PM   #3
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,176
when is YuGiOh coming to 4kids?
I bet that will get more ratings for TMNT as well.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 02:01 AM   #4
oldtoonTMNTfan
Random Punk
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 18
I love Fast Forward and hopes that the producers will continue it. Instead of bashing the show, just watch it and give it a chance.
oldtoonTMNTfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 08:26 AM   #5
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtoonTMNTfan
I love Fast Forward and hopes that the producers will continue it. Instead of bashing the show, just watch it and give it a chance.
Oh for god's...if people are'nt liking it three weeks after the premiere, there not going to like it period, just let us watch REAL TMNT like the lost season and watch what you think passes for "good telivision", stop trying to get everyone to like the same thing
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 08:43 AM   #6
Nexxorcist
Thug
 
Nexxorcist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo
Oh for god's...if people are'nt liking it three weeks after the premiere, there not going to like it period, just let us watch REAL TMNT like the lost season and watch what you think passes for "good telivision", stop trying to get everyone to like the same thing
hypocrite.
Nexxorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 08:46 AM   #7
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexxorcist
hypocrite.
Prick.

Before you try that garbage on me, I only go after people who thash shows and can't give solid reasoning and just say "it suckz"
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 09:11 AM   #8
Katie
Just...way too serious.
 
Katie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: purgatory
Posts: 3,519
It was a good point though that he said he liked it...and is clearly and old toon fan. I think alot of the old toon fans who did not like the 2k3 series wil probably really love Fast Forward. It's kinda the same goofy silliness that you all like about the old show. *shrugs* who knows...maybe that is the only group of fans they think exist out there.
__________________
Katie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 09:29 AM   #9
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie
It was a good point though that he said he liked it...and is clearly and old toon fan. I think alot of the old toon fans who did not like the 2k3 series wil probably really love Fast Forward. It's kinda the same goofy silliness that you all like about the old show. *shrugs* who knows...maybe that is the only group of fans they think exist out there.
I love both cartoons and I hate this season, but then that always depended on the humour overshadowing the action enough to make it durable, and the new series humour, in contrast to the original, has always sucked for me. So it really depends on the quality of one or the other
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 09:32 AM   #10
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator
 
Jo Dawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Authority On All Things Don
Posts: 5,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo
Oh for god's...if people are'nt liking it three weeks after the premiere, there not going to like it period, just let us watch REAL TMNT like the lost season
Exactly. FF sucks so bad, I can't even explain.

Quote:
It was a good point though that he said he liked it...and is clearly and old toon fan. I think alot of the old toon fans who did not like the 2k3 series wil probably really love Fast Forward. It's kinda the same goofy silliness that you all like about the old show. *shrugs* who knows...maybe that is the only group of fans they think exist out there.
Gosh, I hope not!! I can't imagine that they do, though, as the 2003 series (I refuse to count FF as having anything to do with TMNT) had a strong run, they have to know there are adult, mature fans who hate goofy silliness and kiddish cartoons.

If they don't, then I have no hope of liking their shows ever again.


EDIT - Oh yeah, on topic... When 2003 series was on, I heard lots from the kids in this town. I've not heard or seen anything TMNT related since this travesty began.
__________________
Jo Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 09:46 AM   #11
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,783
I can't see FF doing any worse ratings wise than the 2k3 cartoon.

The new show pretty much bombed on cartoon network and got consistently lackluster ratings on 4kidsTV. Winx Club and Sonic X were even beating it for a while.

I'm not sure if FF is doing any better, but the 2k3 version didn't draw kids in at all. It was pretty much a failure at recapturing the success of the original cartoon, hence why FF is a last-ditch attempt to improve ratings.

If the show didn't do so poorly to begin with, we probably wouldn't need FF now.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 10:01 AM   #12
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator
 
Jo Dawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Authority On All Things Don
Posts: 5,190
And I think, if they didn't think we wanted the old cartoon back, they wouldn't be doing this.

And we don't. And they need to do some kinda survey. Continually bringin up the old cartoon is such a moot point, I think... it's over, for goodness sakes, now if we could only move on to the bigger and oh so much better!

...but instead we got this drivel.
__________________
Jo Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 10:01 AM   #13
creativerealms82
Hench Mutant
 
creativerealms82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hammond IN
Posts: 275
My ratings for the episodes

Future Shellshock 4/10: Corey is a decent character while Biggles and Serling suck. It was also a pretty poor story and what not.

Obsolete Missed it.

Home Invasion 7/10: Pretty good episode, closer to the Turtles we have known for the past four years. The dialog was a bit darker the villain a threat and even the start of a larger plot. Also no Biggles and evil Serling is more likable. Better but still not up to standards.
creativerealms82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 11:06 AM   #14
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist
 
Anarchistguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
Posts: 2,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed

I'm not sure if FF is doing any better, but the 2k3 version didn't draw kids in at all. It was pretty much a failure at recapturing the success of the original cartoon
WRONG!!! The reason the 2K3 cartoon exists is because Peter Laird wanted a show closer to the Mirage comics, NOT to get in the shadow of the 1987 cartoon.
__________________
M.D.K.
Maim! Destroy! Kill!!!



"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"
Anarchistguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 12:35 PM   #15
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarchistguy
WRONG!!! The reason the 2K3 cartoon exists is because Peter Laird wanted a show closer to the Mirage comics, NOT to get in the shadow of the 1987 cartoon.
I know that, but I meant the original TMNT cartoon was a fad along the same levels of Pokemon.

The new show failed to become as big a hit as the original TMNT or Pokemon. It basically bombed in the ratings and is only surviving on toy sales. That's the whole reason we got Fast Foward in the first place, to get kids more interested.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 01:27 PM   #16
Ecto Jedi
Denki Wo Kitte Kudasai
 
Ecto Jedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 2,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo
Oh for god's...if people are'nt liking it three weeks after the premiere, there not going to like it period, just let us watch REAL TMNT like the lost season and watch what you think passes for "good telivision", stop trying to get everyone to like the same thing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexxorcist
hypocrite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo
Prick.

Before you try that garbage on me, I only go after people who thash shows and can't give solid reasoning and just say "it suckz"
What is the meaning of all this? Why argue and insult each other over something as trivial as the new season of a Saturday morning cartoon? Sure, we're all hardcore TMNT fans and we all have an opinion about Fast Forward, but it seems to me that we've crossed the line...There's no need for insults or nasty comments. The guy was merely trying to say that he liked Fast Forward, and that other people should watch it with an open mind. Replying with a nasty comment by insulting Fast Forward and insinuating that the guy doesn't know what he's talking about shows narrow-mindedness, if you ask me.

And before you ask, yes, I'm quite aware that I will soon be flooded with a whole storm of nasty replies, which I await with bated breath...
Ecto Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 01:44 PM   #17
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliced
Hmm, good question. I expect the ratings to be quite good so far. Why ? I'm sure that alot of people are pretty curious about FF, and there must be quite alot of ppl who are watching the previews this summer.
I think their good because most of us don't like it and kids seem to like what adults don't haha
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 02:06 PM   #18
AquaParade
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,450
Ecto Jedi...Your awesome
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 02:11 PM   #19
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecto Jedi
What is the meaning of all this? Why argue and insult each other over something as trivial as the new season of a Saturday morning cartoon? Sure, we're all hardcore TMNT fans and we all have an opinion about Fast Forward, but it seems to me that we've crossed the line...There's no need for insults or nasty comments. The guy was merely trying to say that he liked Fast Forward, and that other people should watch it with an openmind. Replying with a nasty comment by insulting Fast Forward and insinuating that the guy doesn't know what he's talking about show
s narrow-mindedness, if you ask me.
That's the pot calling the kettle black, It's fine if he likes Fast Forward, that was'nt the issue, the issue is the same line I hear every week "Give it a chance, give it a chance, wah wah wah", if THERE enjoying it, that's great, but telling people to keep watching a show that for three weeks has'nt entertained them is akin to harrasment, and clearly disrespecting the tastes and preferences of certain members of the fandom in their own right. If people don't want to watch, do not attempt to keep roping them in, if you do, then you get that response

Quote:
And before you ask, yes, I'm quite aware that I will soon be flooded with a whole storm of nasty replies, which I await with bated breath...
For what? Missing the point?
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 02:11 PM   #20
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator
 
Jo Dawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Authority On All Things Don
Posts: 5,190
Actually, I have not seen one kid yet that likes this new incarnation. 2K3 season was popular with them, and adults. They had a good formula going.

There is absolutely NO NEED to go back to the 'old cartoon, as that's time has passed. Laird was never trying to recapture that.

Thank goodness.
__________________
Jo Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.