The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2007, 11:33 PM   #21
shuriken
Second City Shinobi
 
shuriken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chi-town
Posts: 4,182
This is interesting. If the turtles were just a bunch of normal teenage high schoolers would they still be friends?
It depends on a lot of different variables, I think that some would but others won't ya know?
Ok...Leo would probably be a really athletic dude that gets good grades and is sort of a jock but also has a nerdy side to him. He could also be classified as preppy. He'll be the star of the Football or Soccer team and I would imagine be pretty cocky.
I don't really see Raph as being another jock at all. I see him being kind of a loner with his own group of I guess "rebel" friends. I could see him not really liking Leo at all, maybe even challenging him. Raph wouldn't be in a school sport, excepct maybe wrestling or boxing, but not in a team. He wouldn't usually start trouble but also wouldn't be afraid to question authority.
Mikey could fit into two groups but I'm not really sure which one he fits into best. He could either be in a sport with Leo and be super athletic but kind of the class clown that always bothers everyone and is also really fun to hang around with. Or a skater that's really artsy that hangs out with Raph's rebel group and is sort of like the guy that always starts stuff with people that Raph has to finish. Or he could be a total stoner that skates all the time but is also super artsy and has a natural musical talent.
Donnie is kind of tough. He'd be the go to guy when you need some help with a computer or science and math . He would be sort of a techie with a really wierd sense of humor. Like putting a computer virus in the school computers with the principal dancing in a speedo or something. He would probably also do some sort of martial art for self defense because you know, some a$$holes out there like picking on geeks and stuff. I could see him being frineds with Mikey considering that they probably would do some sort of mischief together, and help each other out in various situations. He most likely would be indifferent to Raph and vice versa. I could see him and Leo being friends. They could be class rivals or something with Don always getting a little bit of a better grade then Leo even though Leo did all his extra credit.
Aww man...I think I went a little overboard.
__________________
Some things are better left unsaid. This isn't one of them
shuriken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 03:03 AM   #22
MoreCowbell5263
Hench Mutant
 
MoreCowbell5263's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Georgia
Posts: 300
I can definitely see Leo as the typical "overachiever." You know, he gets straight A's, has an afterschool job managing at a store or movie theater, does volunteer work, plays on half the school sports teams, and leads about half of the clubs at school.
As smart as Don is, I don't see him taking part in any club, he'd be focusing on inventions he's working on in his spare time. I can see Don being frustrated with the school teaching too slow for his intellectual capacity and making computer viruses and stuff like shuriken said. I don't know about self-defense, but he is capable of inventing stuff that would keep bullies away from him. Don strikes me as a poker player for some reason, so I can imagine him and a group of kids meeting up for poker every once in a while. I can also see him as being "the smart guy" in the group like a lot of movies about a group of kids who are always getting into trouble, with possibly Mike or Raph being the ringleader of the group.
Raph I can see being like a tough guy that no one messed with. Leo would be like the cocky athletic "big man on campus" and Raph would be like the guy girls talked about who was so mysterious and stuff. Corny as it sounds, I'd see Raph as "the badass tough guy with the heart of gold." You know, he looks like he'd beat anybody up who looked at him crookedly, but he'd really defend weaker kids from getting picked on and stuff. If Don were like the smart guy in a group of trouble makers, I can imagine him and Raph meeting up, but probably not. I don't know, I know Raph is a badass, I don't see him being a bully or troublemaker that much. He'd probably not have much respect for authority, but he still wouldn't break too many rules, or at least not the big ones.
Mike strikes me as an all-around athlete, he'd probably meet up with Leo and maybe be friends because of the sports teams. For some reason, in this world, I imagine Raph and Leo seeing eachother as opposites and making fun of each other to the groups of kids they hang out with. Leo would probably have classes with Don and sports with Mike and maybe compete over the same girls with Raph. I don't see Mike and Don hanging out too much in this world, but I guess if Don were more of a trouble maker who uses his knowledge for pranks and stuff, I can see him and Mike being pals.
__________________
Hope these guys aren't lumberjacks!
No joke...the only thing safe in the woods...would be the trees!
MoreCowbell5263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 11:51 AM   #23
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,195
I think it would be cool to see a martial arts movie based on the turtles story, but featuring humans. They could tweak it around and have Splinter be a kid when Saki gets his vengence, but when Splinter confronts him as a young man he gets crippled for the rest of his life. Later on he would somehow receive custody of 4 young boys and teach them the way of ninjitsu to avenge his master. Sorta dumb, but the characters would be slightly more relatable and it would be slightly more believable.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 01:35 PM   #24
odupianist
Mad Scientist
 
odupianist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,744
3 ninjas any one? lol jk nines
odupianist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 01:48 PM   #25
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man
 
KROW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: State's Anus, NY
Posts: 6,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by odupianist View Post
3 ninjas any one? lol jk nines
I can go one better: Surf Ninjas!
__________________

- Optimus Acid Trip - Cult of a Half-Shell - Raiden's Bitter Tongue -
I don't try to be funny; I fail at it naturally.
KROW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 02:36 PM   #26
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by odupianist View Post
3 ninjas any one? lol jk nines
Lol, niiiice. I loved that movie when I was little, I always wanted them to team up with the turtles.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 01:58 AM   #27
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
to be completely honest I think the turtles that would not get along at all (if they wheren't already brothers), would be Michaelangelo and Donatello. In the turtles situation where the turtles eniviroment is so closed off and is restricted to two type A persoanlites and type B personalites, its natural that the two gentelier and peaceful turtles would gravitate toward each other. But I think that in a normal social setting like High School or something that Donatello and Michaelangelo's personalites would clash.

I just think that Donatello and Michaelanglo are just so diffrent personality wise that I don't think they would have anything to do with each other if they where just normal teenagers that crossed paths at school. Actually i could these two maybe picking on each other if they went to school together and they came in contact with each other. I think Michaelangelo's flamboyant prankster social butterfly persoanlity would just rub Donatello the wrong way and he would be extremely annoyed by Mikey and possibly think his mannerisms are pretentious and shallow, and I think he would ridicule him for that. Mikey I think would be a classic popular guy who just doesn't get the quite book smart geeky types at school and be annoyed by Donatello's condesneding "i'm smarter than you" attitude and probably pick on him for being a nerd.

Rapahel and Leoanrdo I see getting along to varying degrees with Doantello and him them. I could see Raphael andv Leonardo getting along with Mikey for the reasons. But in this setting where they are bot brothers and just two normal teenagers at School, I think out of the four of the Donatello and Michaelangelo are the least likely to get along with each other.
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.