The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2008, 12:16 AM   #21
Jelly Bean
Stone Warrior
 
Jelly Bean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: in front of the computer
Posts: 974
yeah but I wasn't talking about the big brawl arc, I was talking about the Grudge Match where only Mikey and Leo only played an active role in. And I think that with out Leo, Mikey wouldn't have won. You just have to look at the expression on Mikey's face when Splinter, Don, and Raph take off after they make fun of him. It was a real slap in the face to him that they ran off. I don't think he could have won if every one ditched him.
__________________
Quote:
it's pretty stupid that any company that specializes in serving up hot meat - specifically "Hot C*ck Meat" (Chickens? "C*cks"? Get it?) - in between a set of warm buns would have an anti-gay agenda. The irony is palpable.
-Leo656

--------

Jelly Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 12:20 AM   #22
triplexxx
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,809
Stil, every factor I mentioned led up to the ending of that story, and still like I said, Michaelangelo had to fight the fight himself, having someone to encourage and teach you some helpful philosophy isn't the same as having them fight the fight for you.
__________________
Please don't shoot me Mr. Big Mike. I'm too young and good-looking to die, well too young. I got a father, I got a mother, I got a grandmother, I got a little sister...and a little brother this high (raises hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand), and little brother this high (lowers hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand) and then I got a great big brother this high (slaps gun and runs).
"Fright Night" - Three Stooges
triplexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 02:28 AM   #23
NameGoesHere1066
Stone Warrior
 
NameGoesHere1066's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: at home LOL
Posts: 957
you guys act like Splinter, Don and Raph walked out on Mikey for no reason or he didn't deserve their desertion. Had he not been such an ass about his "won on a technicality" championship and spent months rubbing it in their faces, there wouldn't have been a problem with them resenting him to begin with. And then he goes a step further by being a jerk about the training thing. Of course they rubbed it in his face and walked out on him when it came back to bite him in the ass; I would have!

Damn even Don, the most mild mannered and patient turtle of them all was fed up with Mikey boasting. I think thats saying alot of how obnoxious Mikey must've been to get Don to act that way.
__________________
]
NameGoesHere1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 06:03 PM   #24
triplexxx
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,809
One other thing, aside from what I was previously talking about, about the way Michaelangelo bragging and them being fed up with it, well I know that Michaelangelo had his family whapping him upside the head all the time even before the Battle Nexus entered the picture. Now I'm not sure if it went---he gets whapped because he annoys them, or he annoys them because he gets whapped---but in case it's the latter, maybe he thought of this as an opportunity to throw it in their faces.
But otherwise, I guess they had a good reason, it is true the first win was a technicality...maybe that plus another brother was presently annoying them as well, so that may further shortened their fuses.
__________________
Please don't shoot me Mr. Big Mike. I'm too young and good-looking to die, well too young. I got a father, I got a mother, I got a grandmother, I got a little sister...and a little brother this high (raises hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand), and little brother this high (lowers hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand) and then I got a great big brother this high (slaps gun and runs).
"Fright Night" - Three Stooges
triplexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 12:35 AM   #25
Jelly Bean
Stone Warrior
 
Jelly Bean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: in front of the computer
Posts: 974
I kind have always wondered that my self. Is Mikey's atagonism a way of getting back at his brothers and family? I mean I know they all love him but they kind of look down at him at the same time and think he's chump/moron. So maybe he gets back at them by annoying them or something.
__________________
Quote:
it's pretty stupid that any company that specializes in serving up hot meat - specifically "Hot C*ck Meat" (Chickens? "C*cks"? Get it?) - in between a set of warm buns would have an anti-gay agenda. The irony is palpable.
-Leo656

--------

Jelly Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 07:22 AM   #26
odupianist
Mad Scientist
 
odupianist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,744
if they really didn't support Mikey and were really annoyed with him, they would not have shown up at the BN. They showed up to support him. Yes they wanted him to get his butt kicked but that is also within the realms of the BN, meaning he would have teleported out before he really got hurt. When they realized things had changed, they were all about helping Mike. So in a sense, they really did support him, they were just teaching him a lesson when they didnt help train him because they had already done their training.
odupianist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 10:40 PM   #27
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra View Post
Yeah, I do. But I still think it's a good episode to see Leo and Mike interacting. At least Leo decided to stay and help Mike out, right?
oh yes, I didn't mean to give the impression that I didn't like the episode, I loved it as well as the Leo+Mikey stuff. What I was trying to get at was why they had to go and make Mikey such a jerk in the first place? Some times I think the writers go a little over board with how cocky they make Mikey almost to the point of making him unlikable. Some times I don't know what the writers want me as a viewer to feel about Mikey.

He can be cute and charmingly niave sometimes--those are his good qualities, but he can also be inconsiderate, obnoxious, and cocky. Those are his bad qualites. Sometimes his bad qualites seem to over power his good ones and it leaves you feeling confused if the writers intend the audiance to like him or not. Like was it nessacary to make Mikey such a jerk about his battle nexus win? Why'd they have to do that to his character? They made him so obnoxious about it that you almost wanted him to lose. So it seemed like to fix that the writers did some damage control at the expense of Kluh's character and made him under handed just so you'll be on Mikey's side during the fight. Pretty sad if you have to make the oppenent bad all the way to get the audiance (one of the main characters) to be on his side.

I'm not saying the episode wasn't well written, just that I think the writers wrote thems into a hole by making Mikey act the way that he did.
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:36 AM   #28
NameGoesHere1066
Stone Warrior
 
NameGoesHere1066's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: at home LOL
Posts: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by triplexxx View Post
One other thing, aside from what I was previously talking about, about the way Michaelangelo bragging and them being fed up with it, well I know that Michaelangelo had his family whapping him upside the head all the time even before the Battle Nexus entered the picture. Now I'm not sure if it went---he gets whapped because he annoys them, or he annoys them because he gets whapped---but in case it's the latter, maybe he thought of this as an opportunity to throw it in their faces.
But otherwise, I guess they had a good reason, it is true the first win was a technicality...maybe that plus another brother was presently annoying them as well, so that may further shortened their fuses.

Mikey gets whapped because he makes it his bussiness to annoy every one he comes across and they react, I don't think Mikey annoys his brothers because he gets whapped. There has to be reason why he's getting whapped in the first place. See what I'm saying? If Mikey didn't annoy every one his brothers would just ignore him and go about their bussiness.


Quote:
if they really didn't support Mikey and were really annoyed with him, they would not have shown up at the BN. They showed up to support him. Yes they wanted him to get his butt kicked but that is also within the realms of the BN, meaning he would have teleported out before he really got hurt. When they realized things had changed, they were all about helping Mike. So in a sense, they really did support him, they were just teaching him a lesson when they didnt help train him because they had already done their training.
They not going with Mikey would have been OCC even for Raph. ANd I think it was pretty obvious that they wheren't there to support him, they where there to see him get his comuppance and lose his title so they could rub it in his face like he did to them. Just because some one goes with you doesn't mean they are there to support you.
__________________
]
NameGoesHere1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 10:09 PM   #29
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by NameGoesHere1066 View Post
Mikey gets whapped because he makes it his bussiness to annoy every one he comes across and they react, I don't think Mikey annoys his brothers because he gets whapped. There has to be reason why he's getting whapped in the first place.
well, I'm not so sure on that one. Considering the general way they talk/look down on him, Mikey might feel kinda vindicated for aggravating them.
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.