The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2010, 12:35 AM   #21
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapplehead View Post
Just personal preference, but I kind of preferred Fast Forward over the 2k3. I don't see why everyone hates it so much when I compare it to the 2k3.
The FF hate comes from a rejection of change. The same crap happened when 2K3 first aired. OT fans whined and most comic fans cheered. FF was the end of the Mirage era of 2K3 turtles and it ticked off fans of the series. They wanted the "dark" turtles of season 4 back but that was far gone.

I personally enjoyed FF. It had many interesting new villains and while the story wasn't as interconnected as 2K3 it was still good. Sure they toned it down a bit but anyone who can handle watching the OT can handle most of FF. I don't see why more people just can't accept both.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 12:57 AM   #22
Fugitoid Jones
Stone Warrior
 
Fugitoid Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: D'hoonib, VT
Posts: 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
The FF hate comes from a rejection of change. The same crap happened when 2K3 first aired. OT fans whined and most comic fans cheered. FF was the end of the Mirage era of 2K3 turtles and it ticked off fans of the series. They wanted the "dark" turtles of season 4 back but that was far gone.

I personally enjoyed FF. It had many interesting new villains and while the story wasn't as interconnected as 2K3 it was still good. Sure they toned it down a bit but anyone who can handle watching the OT can handle most of FF. I don't see why more people just can't accept both.
This is probably very true for many people, but for me it was never about change or the lighthearted tone. I just didn't like the idea of the Turtles in the future being surrounded by aliens for an entire season. I always felt that surrounding the Turtles with aliens makes them less special, harder to stand out. It's like if the X-Men were in a world that was 80% mutants. Plus the decline of the animation in FF bothered me.
(sorry to feed into the 'FF VS 2K3' ongoing debate, I know it's been done to death here)
__________________

"You are right, I have always known about man. From the evidence, I believe his wisdom must walk hand and hand with his idiocy. His emotions must rule his brain. He must be a warlike creature who gives battle to everything around him, even himself."
-Dr. Zaius
Fugitoid Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 12:57 AM   #23
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapplehead View Post
Just personal preference, but I kind of preferred Fast Forward over the 2k3. I don't see why everyone hates it so much when I compare it to the 2k3.
Not everyone hates it, it's my favorite TMNT of this period in time.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 07:37 AM   #24
technicalfoul
Random Punk
 
technicalfoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 49
I've seen the first 2 seasons of the 2003 series and it's great, I even prefer it over the original cartoon. I intend to watch the rest of it!
technicalfoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:35 AM   #25
Turo602
The King of Kings
 
Turo602's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chicago Illinois
Posts: 2,931
Lucky you, I need to rewatch the entire series again too. I'm starting to miss it. The whole series is enjoyable as a whole. Fast Forward offers something new,a little awkward at first but then you get used to it. And from there on it gets a little better but not as good as the first five really well done seasons. I also really like all the Shredder battles. They're so epic!
__________________
Turo602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:06 PM   #26
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,793
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugitoid Jones View Post
This is probably very true for many people, but for me it was never about change or the lighthearted tone. I just didn't like the idea of the Turtles in the future being surrounded by aliens for an entire season. I always felt that surrounding the Turtles with aliens makes them less special, harder to stand out. It's like if the X-Men were in a world that was 80% mutants. Plus the decline of the animation in FF bothered me.
Volume 4 did the same thing, and that was present day. At least in FF, you knew they could only walk among aliens in the future.

I also remember some people saying some really stupid things when FF first started, like, "Why didn't the Turtles visit April and Casey's graves?"

WTF?

Seriously, the stuff people were spouting was so stupid.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 11:37 PM   #27
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
people give it a f*cking rest!
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 12:38 AM   #28
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Ninja View Post
people give it a f*cking rest!
Give what a rest, exactly? Everyone in here has been civil.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 01:54 AM   #29
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
I am also confused.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 07:19 AM   #30
k_lala
Hench Mutant
 
k_lala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
The FF hate comes from a rejection of change. The same crap happened when 2K3 first aired. OT fans whined and most comic fans cheered. FF was the end of the Mirage era of 2K3 turtles and it ticked off fans of the series. They wanted the "dark" turtles of season 4 back but that was far gone.

I personally enjoyed FF. It had many interesting new villains and while the story wasn't as interconnected as 2K3 it was still good. Sure they toned it down a bit but anyone who can handle watching the OT can handle most of FF. I don't see why more people just can't accept both.
Yup not only that, but the action was different. Original 2K3 series had an amazing action choregraphy fight scenes. 2K3 wasn't as bad, but it wasn't anything close to what the original series was. And then when BTTS came I don't know what happen with that, it dropped even worse!

I have a hard time believing it was the same creative team working on all three shows. I just refuse to believe it.

Also the storylines were OK with FF, but they didn't have connecting story arcs just mainly one off shows.
k_lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 08:12 PM   #31
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,793
Fast Forward had a LOT of continuing story arcs.

The only stand-alone eps I can think of is all the Triple Threat eps, the Turtle Titan ep, and that ep with the collector at the end.

Fast Forward had:

- Darius Dun's story, intertwined with the Inuwashi Gunjins and Dark Turtles

- Sho'konobo and Virals story of taking over the planet

- Boss Zukko's story

- Jammerhead's sideplot
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 09:00 PM   #32
k_lala
Hench Mutant
 
k_lala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Fast Forward had a LOT of continuing story arcs.

The only stand-alone eps I can think of is all the Triple Threat eps, the Turtle Titan ep, and that ep with the collector at the end.

Fast Forward had:

- Darius Dun's story, intertwined with the Inuwashi Gunjins and Dark Turtles

- Sho'konobo and Virals story of taking over the planet

- Boss Zukko's story

- Jammerhead's sideplot
To a degree yeah, but i was referring too how in the original series they had (Part 1 or Part 2, or even part 4) They did this a lot in the previous show, cliff hangers if you will. Justice League did this a lot too.
k_lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 09:24 PM   #33
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Volume 4 did the same thing, and that was present day. At least in FF, you knew they could only walk among aliens in the future.

I also remember some people saying some really stupid things when FF first started, like, "Why didn't the Turtles visit April and Casey's graves?"

WTF?

Seriously, the stuff people were spouting was so stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Give what a rest, exactly? Everyone in here has been civil.
the whole FF vs. 2k3 thing. It's civil now but I've seen it too many times get obnoxious pretty quickly.
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 10:02 PM   #34
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
I dunno, yelling at everyone to give it a f*cking rest seems like the most obnoxious thing in this thread.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 10:30 PM   #35
XxItachixX666
Random Punk
 
XxItachixX666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Hidden Leaf Villige.
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
I dunno, yelling at everyone to give it a f*cking rest seems like the most obnoxious thing in this thread.
exactly..xp but yeah love the first 5 seasons..dislike the last 2...puipls look weird on them...and didnt like the changes on some of the characters...
__________________


you cant escape...-Itachi-
XxItachixX666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:31 PM   #36
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,793
I wish Rat King got a second episode.

Seriously, to see a main TMNT villain like that just get 1 real episode was disappointing.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 11:27 PM   #37
909 Turtle Fan
Hench Mutant
 
909 Turtle Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Eastbound & Down
Posts: 477
^^^ i agree. that could have been one of the best episodes, "Revenge of the Rat King".
__________________
"Infinite possibilities have been opened to me thanks to this...Technodrome."-Ch'rell aka The Shredder, Turtles Forever

"Breathe in the smoke, Oroku Saki, and meditate. Open your mind and all will become clear."-Kitsune, SHotFC #3
909 Turtle Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 03:52 AM   #38
Fugitoid Jones
Stone Warrior
 
Fugitoid Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: D'hoonib, VT
Posts: 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Volume 4 did the same thing, and that was present day. At least in FF, you knew they could only walk among aliens in the future.
Exactly, but please don't get me started on all the things I hate about Vol. 4.
__________________

"You are right, I have always known about man. From the evidence, I believe his wisdom must walk hand and hand with his idiocy. His emotions must rule his brain. He must be a warlike creature who gives battle to everything around him, even himself."
-Dr. Zaius
Fugitoid Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 03:25 PM   #39
Berserker
Thug
 
Berserker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 92
I also have been watching the 2k3 series for the first time over the past several months. It's taken a lot of money and effort to collect every episode, but so far it's been worth it.

So far, my favorite season is probably season 3, I consider that to be the series peak, since it wrapped up the Triceratons and Shredder nicely and has some of my favorite episodes, like Same As It Never Was.

Season 5 just made me want to play Mortal Kombat. The heavy handed Japanese stuff got old... fast. This is my least favorite season. I've watched 7 episodes of Fast Forward and it was jarring at first, but overall it's more enjoyable than season 5.
Berserker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 07:57 PM   #40
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
I dunno, yelling at everyone to give it a f*cking rest seems like the most obnoxious thing in this thread.
If it's civil now than great but in the past it has gotten nasty before when old gripes get revisisted. But whatever it seems everything is alright for now so I'll just leave it at that then.
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.