The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2012, 08:58 PM   #21
Foot Soldier Clang
Hench Mutant
 
Foot Soldier Clang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Big Apple, 3am
Posts: 456
Was TNM popular at all? I remember it being gone rather quickly. The toys were cool, but thats as far as my opinion of that series goes. I think Los Luchadores had a longer season than TNM.
Foot Soldier Clang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:21 PM   #22
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Lasted 23 episodes...though weren't 2 clip shows?

I've heard it was scoring better ratings than PR: In Space...but don't quote me on that.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:25 PM   #23
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Lasted 23 episodes...though weren't 2 clip shows?
It was a standard 26 episode season, but yeah 2 eps were clip shows, one being the series finale no less.

The show was basically canceled for a number of reasons. Probably due to the costly production and the fact that the TMNT fandom was all but dead by 1997.

Either way if it continued, Pokemon would have absolutely destroyed it by 1998.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 02:28 AM   #24
Stingray69
Stone Warrior
 
Stingray69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 916
Yea it was the number one show in it's time slot and number one kids show. I heard like you said cyber it was expensive to produce and since fox dint own the rights to it they where not making the money the wanted to so they canned it.
Stingray69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:13 PM   #25
Avatar Yuffie
Stone Warrior
 
Avatar Yuffie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 805
I guess it's just that the peeps don't want to acknowledge its existence.
__________________


We all know that Most Writers Are Male. Something like eighty percent of media aimed at children have male main characters, whereas half the population is female. At best, women will often be minor characters or will not be present at all. Stories about women are for women, stories about men are for general consumption. (TV Tropes Feminist Fantasy)
Avatar Yuffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:42 PM   #26
Foot Soldier Clang
Hench Mutant
 
Foot Soldier Clang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Big Apple, 3am
Posts: 456
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar Yuffie View Post
I guess it's just that the peeps don't want to acknowledge its existence.
Maybe. I just watched a little bit of it on youtube. It's just a strange series. And it's strange with almost no balance. It looks like the movies, but the scripts are as ridiculous as the 87 series. I mean, there's a villain who's a mutant gorilla that resembles a gangster from the 1940's.
Foot Soldier Clang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 01:35 PM   #27
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician
 
Redeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,737
^lol yeah pretty much I think if they went for a more serious tone and not such a ridiculous tone I think it would have been a lot better. I dont mean rediculously serious, something like Avatar the Last Airbender.
__________________
GT:Reedeamer
THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 04:13 PM   #28
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
^lol yeah pretty much I think if they went for a more serious tone and not such a ridiculous tone I think it would have been a lot better. I dont mean rediculously serious, something like Avatar the Last Airbender.
That would have been...completly impossible on a Saban budget
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:03 AM   #29
Hermano Dyvas
Hench Mutant
 
Hermano Dyvas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Europe
Posts: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
The Next Mutation Turtles weren't even shown in the "Multi-verse" pictures they showed.
'Nuff said.
Yeah, I didn't miss an actual appearance but they at least deserved a spot there.
Hermano Dyvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 01:08 PM   #30
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermano Dyvas View Post
Yeah, I didn't miss an actual appearance but they at least deserved a spot there.
No they didnt.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 03:55 PM   #31
Xav
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
That would have been...completly impossible on a Saban budget
So somehow being more serious effects the budget? I guess you never saw an episode of Power Rangers from Space-Wild Force.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 04:07 PM   #32
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
So somehow being more serious effects the budget? I guess you never saw an episode of Power Rangers from Space-Wild Force.
Indeed, what made it really cheesy was the sound effects...which i'm sure cost next to nothing.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 04:45 PM   #33
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician
 
Redeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
Now I'm just picturing the Mirage Turtles meeting the CootS Turtles and I had a good laugh!
Yes I think we all did
__________________
GT:Reedeamer
THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 04:58 AM   #34
Hermano Dyvas
Hench Mutant
 
Hermano Dyvas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Europe
Posts: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
No they didnt.
Why not? They're as legal an iteration as any other. Just thinking "it was stupid" isn't really a reason not to give them a throwback in that scene.
Hermano Dyvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 05:38 AM   #35
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,215
I don't know why people get all worked up about them not having a picture in the "multiverse scene". There was a handful of other TMNT depictions that didn't make it either.

Granted, the other missing ones were a bit more obscure than The Next Mutation, but still. You can either pretend they were there, just not on camera, or just lump them in with the Movie-verse.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 02:44 PM   #36
Hermano Dyvas
Hench Mutant
 
Hermano Dyvas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Europe
Posts: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermano Dyvas View Post
Yeah, I didn't miss an actual appearance but they at least deserved a spot there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
No they didnt.
Allow me to use your own logic against you:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Batman has more than one interpretation, and one isnt any less "real" than the other. They all have merit and contribute greatly to the overall success of the brand.
So following that logic the same applies to "the next mutation" and it deserved a spot in the multiverse scene.

Last edited by Hermano Dyvas; 01-29-2012 at 03:54 PM.
Hermano Dyvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.