The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: What direction would you like to see?
Episode adaptions (like the early TMNTA books) 3 14.29%
Alternative P.O.V. (like the Dream Wave TMNT book) 1 4.76%
In-between episode gaps (like Young Justice) 9 42.86%
All new universe (like TMNTA #5-onward) 8 38.10%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2012, 06:09 AM   #21
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Leave poor Duckface Leo alone...
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:44 AM   #22
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,798
I'd rather it not be a new universe.

The Archie series went in that direction because there were a lot of underutilized mutant characters in the original cartoon and it allowed it to go in different and exciting directions rather than just having Shredder/Krang try to take over the world in every comic.

Dreamwave probably would have spun into a new universe if it went on long enough, but with only 4 issues based on episodes, 1 solo story and 1 2-parter...it could just as easily fit into 4kids continuity.

The Nick comic should probably stick to the show. Maybe fill in gaps, or produce filler stories that wouldn't contradict anything in the series.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:23 AM   #23
Oculus Orbus
Mad Scientist
 
Oculus Orbus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Spain
Posts: 1,535
I'm expecting episodes adaptation, but I'd prefer if they went the all new universe route. Probably not straight away, but I'd like to see that at some point if they have a good creative team. But, if done right, I'll whatever they do.
Oculus Orbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 09:10 AM   #24
CommandoJamie7
Mouser
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 13
It would be so awesome if IDW went after the original TMNT-y way of distinguishing the comics. 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' for the main series; 'Tales of the TMNT' for the (well, the Tales series!) and 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures' to tie in with the Nick TV series.
CommandoJamie7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 09:47 AM   #25
Lampy
Stone Warrior
 
Lampy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 748
i voted for the alternate universe option. I cant really see a nick show being so complex that they have to carry it over to comic and finish any loose ends there. I can see its comic being more continuous and more focused than the show... judging from other nick shows (not taking canon too seriously).
Lampy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 07:24 PM   #26
Master Splinter
幸 - 愛 - 思う
 
Master Splinter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 2,824
I remember hearing about there being two variations of a comic shortly after the buyout but haven't heard anything about this second version based off the T.V. show at all. Is this gonna happen?

-ms
__________________
Master Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 12:43 PM   #27
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post
I remember hearing about there being two variations of a comic shortly after the buyout but haven't heard anything about this second version based off the T.V. show at all. Is this gonna happen?

-ms
Give it time, Master, it'll probably surface again after the show is on. I would guess summer next year at the earliest since most comics derived from cartoons initially start out adapting episodes so IDW would need a few under their belt to work from.
__________________
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:16 PM   #28
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
I think it's going to be straight up episode adaptions...but I would want in-between episode plots, more creative stuff.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:43 PM   #29
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,798
I wonder how they'll translate the CG look of the show into 2D comic form. They'd still have to capture the essence of the 3D characters but drawn in 2D.

It'll be interesting to see.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:58 AM   #30
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Those books for pre-order on the Barnes & Noble site may be some indication of the art style we could expect, albeit simplified.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comic discussion, nick


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.