The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: What direction would you like to see?
Episode adaptions (like the early TMNTA books) 3 14.29%
Alternative P.O.V. (like the Dream Wave TMNT book) 1 4.76%
In-between episode gaps (like Young Justice) 9 42.86%
All new universe (like TMNTA #5-onward) 8 38.10%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2012, 02:50 PM   #1
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,212
What do you expect from the Nickelodeon comic?

Can't really tell if the show's going to have strong continuity or not, but hopefully we'll get a comic that is canon with the show and takes place between episodes.

A good example of this would be the current Young Justice book. The first few were written by guys not involved with the show, but the run from #8 on has been written by Greg Weisman himself.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 02:57 PM   #2
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
I think we will get both Episode adaptions and In-between episode gaps. But I voted for Ep. adaptions because I think the first few issue will deal with stuff we've already seen on T.V.

Transformers: Prime did a similar thing where they released a 5-issue arc to show what happened leading up to the events of the first episode. So kinda like a prequel. Which I wouldn't mind seeing as well from the Nick comic.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 03:18 PM   #3
pannoni1
Foot Elite
 
pannoni1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 3,447
Since Nick would own both this comic and the cartoon, I'd say at least some episode adaptions will be present, but it may or may not lead to a separate universe. With this said, it means that I shouldn't expect any more from IDW into the Nick toon than what we saw from Mirage into Archie/OT. In-between issues from episodes and prequels would be really neat, but I'd like to see perhaps a separation point like Archie so that the Nick comic has it's own unique take, but let's be sure it has a definitive conclusion. Better yet, I'd like to see Nick late in the run pick up where Archie #72 left off and create a good finale.
__________________
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...d.php?t=37065- MY WANT LIST

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 03:25 PM   #4
DrSpengler
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,842
From what I've read about the Toy Fair footage of the Nick show... I'm not even sure if I'll want to buy a comic based off it (that's a lie; I'm a consumer whore).

In my hopes, we'll get a new series that either weaves between episodes or does an alternate take on the universe. I think episode adaptations, alternate POV or not, are unlikely.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 03:30 PM   #5
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
From what I've read about the Toy Fair footage of the Nick show... I'm not even sure if I'll want to buy a comic based off it (that's a lie; I'm a consumer whore).
Gah, Spengs, it's people like you who keep the free market alive!

That said, I can't say whether or not a Nick based TMNT comic will appeal to me either. I am really curious who the publisher and creative team will be, however.
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 03:31 PM   #6
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
I am really curious who the publisher and creative team will be, however.
Don't know who'll be writing or drawing it but, wouldn't IDW be the publisher?
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 03:32 PM   #7
TonySiegel
Stone Warrior
 
TonySiegel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Worldwide
Posts: 638
I expect lots of Dora, Spongebob, and Icarly ads in the comic.
__________________



"...Color or creed, is no need for a man to bleed/ I believe, we all breathe the same seed/ Unless it's diluted, for somethin to intrude it..." - Kool G. Rap
TonySiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 03:32 PM   #8
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySiegel View Post
I expect lots of Dora, Spongebob, and Icarly ads in the comic.
One can only hope.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 03:42 PM   #9
Moonlight1102
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow
Posts: 301
Considering how cheap Nickelodeon has been in the past few years, I wouldn't be surprised if they cancelled the comic 3 issues in in favor of more Spongebob crap.
I remember when Nickelodeon used to be great. -_-'
Hopefully the new TMNT show can fix things up a bit.
__________________
Moonlight1102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 03:43 PM   #10
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight1102 View Post
Considering how cheap Nickelodeon has been in the past few years, I wouldn't be surprised if they cancelled the comic 3 issues in in favor of more Spongebob crap.
I remember when Nickelodeon used to be great. -_-'
Nick has BIG plans for the turtles so I doubt that will happen. And while I prefer the cartoons of my childhood Nick still has some good shows.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 05:36 PM   #11
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,798
I'd like to see it fit into the cartoon, sort of like what Dreamwave was before it ended.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 05:51 PM   #12
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
*hopes that IDW and Nick will draft someone who wrote a series based on, but told totally different stories from the source material. You know, like Steve "Dean Clarrain" Murphy.*
Please, oh please, oh please. That is if Murph ain't still burnt out on the TMNT.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 05:52 PM   #13
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
Don't know who'll be writing or drawing it but, wouldn't IDW be the publisher?
Legally, it would make the most sense and be the simplest option, but I don't know if IDW has any experiencing with a "kid's line" (for lack of a better term). Also, I could see it being confusing for one publisher to be putting out two completely different titles named "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" aimed at two completely different audiences. But... who knows?
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 06:12 PM   #14
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
I'm figuring it'll be random tales and events much like the OT in that there's no real continuity to it. Which would be fine.
Also I expect a more humorous tone than the show, for some reason. I look forward to it though, assuming we get one.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 06:19 PM   #15
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Also, I could see it being confusing for one publisher to be putting out two completely different titles named "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" aimed at two completely different audiences. But... who knows?
No more confusing than 2 different publishers putting out two different titles named "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles". Regardless, they could always add a goofy sub-title.

The only downside to IDW publishing it is the probabilty of them making sure the two books aren't on the same schedule. Not saying it would definitely workout like that if, say Archie, was publishing it. But their editor would be a lot less likely to correspond with with Bobby.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:15 AM   #16
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,798
If they try to copy the CG art style seen in the cartoon, I am not sure I would like reading a comic like that.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:19 AM   #17
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
If they try to copy the CG art style seen in the cartoon, I am not sure I would like reading a comic like that.
The 2D promo art was actually pretty good.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 03:01 AM   #18
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Legally, it would make the most sense and be the simplest option, but I don't know if IDW has any experiencing with a "kid's line" (for lack of a better term). Also, I could see it being confusing for one publisher to be putting out two completely different titles named "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" aimed at two completely different audiences. But... who knows?
Wouldn't be any less confusing then what the big two are usually doing
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 04:57 AM   #19
Toby Barrett
Stone Warrior
 
Toby Barrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 946
They could just call it "Nickelodeon's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles", and I think that'd be enough to differentiate the two.
Toby Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 06:00 AM   #20
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I'm figuring it'll be random tales and events much like the OT in that there's no real continuity to it. Which would be fine.
I should have made a fifth option for this. Like the comic book tie if for Batman: The Brave and the Bold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
The 2D promo art was actually pretty good.
Leo still looks terrible.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comic discussion, nick


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.