The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2012, 02:12 PM   #21
TMNTdude87
Thug
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeandraph87 View Post
Its like a rerun of the Twilight Zone!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b5aW08ivHU
AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Classic!
TMNTdude87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 03:01 PM   #22
tmntgeoff
Hench Mutant
 
tmntgeoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: seattle washington
Posts: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by shezcrafti View Post
I gotta go with the fight scene in April's apartment that kicks off as Raph comes crashing through the skylight and ends with the whole building in flames as they drive away. That whole sequence of events had me on the edge of my seat. I don't like the campy, goofy fight scenes from the second film; I have to feel there's real danger involved for it to be believable.

A close second would be Raph's tangle with the Foot in the subway. My ultimate fangirl moment: when he slowly picks up the sai and comes charging out of nowhere. Can you imagine being one of those Foot soldiers and seeing THAT come barreling at you?
these are my favs too
tmntgeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 03:21 PM   #23
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
Mine's Leo vs. Raph.
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 04:32 PM   #24
Logan
Hench Mutant
 
Logan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 483
Turtles vs. Super Shredder. Just kidding.

Splinter vs. Shredder. Kidding again. I'll stop.

Turtles vs. Shredder. My only complaint is that they don't defeat him in combat.
__________________
We're a team; and as a team let's go kick some ass!

-Leonardo

Logan the Layman Critic, a youtube channel for movie reviews and animation appreciation.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjn...xrKPml1WlYh6Mw
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:44 PM   #25
TMNTdude87
Thug
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Turtles vs. Shredder. My only complaint is that they don't defeat him in combat.
I thought that was a perfect end to the battle. Shredder is this badass, A ninja master and ultimate fighter, the Turtles are just students, they have fought the foot ninja but they are only on par with their fighting skills, so for the movie to play out with each turtle one by one beaten down is grounded in realism, since a master with years more training would defeat you.

It's also a fitting end to Splinter's plot as well. Shredder made the mistake by not killing the rat, (several times) had he done 15 years prior to parenting the turtles, instead when the ooze canister shattered the glass bowl and covered the turtles, there would be no coffee can and they definitely would not have grown under Splinter's tutelage. Instead they probably would have ended up government experiments when caught as they ventured above ground for food or curiosity. With that said the turtles were the only thing that stood in his way, jeopardizing his criminal empire, so by viewing Splinter and realizing the turtles were his students, he took all his rage out on him leaving Splinter calm and ready to whip out the nunchaku to snare his yari and throw him off. Splinter was able to defend his sons from the same enemy who killed his master.
TMNTdude87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:47 PM   #26
shezcrafti
Hench Mutant
 
shezcrafti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: The East warehouse over at Lairdman island.
Posts: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTdude87 View Post
I thought that was a perfect end to the battle. Shredder is this badass, A ninja master and ultimate fighter, the Turtles are just students, they have fought the foot ninja but they are only on par with their fighting skills, so for the movie to play out with each turtle one by one beaten down is grounded in realism, since a master with years more training would defeat you.

Cont'd...
Spoiler:
It's also a fitting end to Splinter's plot as well. Shredder made the mistake by not killing the rat, (several times) had he done 15 years prior to parenting the turtles, instead when the ooze canister shattered the glass bowl and covered the turtles, there would be no coffee can and they definitely would not have grown under Splinter's tutelage. Instead they probably would have ended up government experiments when caught as they ventured above ground for food or curiosity. With that said the turtles were the only thing that stood in his way, jeopardizing his criminal empire, so by viewing Splinter and realizing the turtles were his students, he took all his rage out on him leaving Splinter calm and ready to whip out the nunchaku to snare his yari and throw him off. Splinter was able to defend his sons from the same enemy who killed his master.
Agreed. I thought it was a perfect and much more realistic ending.
__________________
Shellebrating 25+ Years of TMNT History [Infographic]



All of Raphael's Badassery in One Video
Spoiler:
shezcrafti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 10:56 PM   #27
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,412
Turtles vs. Shredder in the first movie was as close as the movies ever got to allowing us to see a real fight. Just a personal thing, but I'd have liked the Turtles to have done a bit more damage to Shredder before Splinter did his cheap magic trick with the nunchaku... in the movie, save for Leo's scratch to Saki's shoulder he just mops the floor with them.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:17 AM   #28
Matches Malone
Stone Warrior
 
Matches Malone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: California
Posts: 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Turtles vs. Shredder in the first movie was as close as the movies ever got to allowing us to see a real fight. Just a personal thing, but I'd have liked the Turtles to have done a bit more damage to Shredder before Splinter did his cheap magic trick with the nunchaku... in the movie, save for Leo's scratch to Saki's shoulder he just mops the floor with them.
I actually liked that the turtles didn't stand a chance against Shredder alone. It made him that much more menacing. I also liked that it demonstrated that Leo was the most skilled (or is it most disciplined?) of the four, as he was the only one to even get a slash in. It also helped depict Splinter as a true ninja master in which the turtles have a long way to go. He was clever and used no more energy than was necessary.
__________________
"Baxter, you slime puppy!"
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:50 AM   #29
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
I actually liked that the turtles didn't stand a chance against Shredder alone. It made him that much more menacing. I also liked that it demonstrated that Leo was the most skilled (or is it most disciplined?) of the four, as he was the only one to even get a slash in. It also helped depict Splinter as a true ninja master in which the turtles have a long way to go. He was clever and used no more energy than was necessary.
Mikey stood his ground fairly well. When Casey arrives on the scene with Splinter and Danny, you can hear Mikey lasting a good while against the Shredder
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 01:34 AM   #30
TheJ-manTurtleMan
Stone Warrior
 
TheJ-manTurtleMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Southern California
Posts: 646
I'm not saying it was the best or my most favorite fight scene, but I thought the the final battle between the turtles and the foot and the end of TMNT was pretty awesome! I like all the cool "camera" work, how it zooms in and pans around to see everyone. The music fits well too, and Raph throwing the smoke pellets always make me chuckle.

Also the fight the Bigfoot monster is really funny

Mikey- "My Spleen!"
__________________
Hey Man! It's The J-Man!

"I love a little hot sauce on my pizza! I love a little hot sauce yes I dooo!"
TheJ-manTurtleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 02:05 AM   #31
Matches Malone
Stone Warrior
 
Matches Malone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: California
Posts: 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Mikey stood his ground fairly well. When Casey arrives on the scene with Splinter and Danny, you can hear Mikey lasting a good while against the Shredder
Well, I think those initial attacks were more an introduction and establishment of The Shredder's skills and not the actual fight scenes, so they just happened to cut away as Mikey attacks. I doubt it was an intentional nod at that point to Mikey's skills, but that's just my take on it.

Though if you were to go down that route, technically both Mikey and Don had attacked The Shredder during that cut, so who knows how long each lasted.
__________________
"Baxter, you slime puppy!"
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:12 AM   #32
shezcrafti
Hench Mutant
 
shezcrafti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: The East warehouse over at Lairdman island.
Posts: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
I actually liked that the turtles didn't stand a chance against Shredder alone. It made him that much more menacing. I also liked that it demonstrated that Leo was the most skilled (or is it most disciplined?) of the four, as he was the only one to even get a slash in. It also helped depict Splinter as a true ninja master in which the turtles have a long way to go. He was clever and used no more energy than was necessary.
Good points. We have to keep in mind, too, that according to the film, the Turtles' very first battle ever happened just a short while ago in the Channel 3 News parking lot when they save April. They are not very experienced at all by the time they encounter Shredder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTron View Post
I'm not saying it was the best or my most favorite fight scene, but I thought the the final battle between the turtles and the foot and the end of TMNT was pretty awesome! I like all the cool "camera" work, how it zooms in and pans around to see everyone. The music fits well too, and Raph throwing the smoke pellets always make me chuckle.
Good pick! I've always enjoyed the camera work there too; makes you feel like you're in the action.
__________________
Shellebrating 25+ Years of TMNT History [Infographic]



All of Raphael's Badassery in One Video
Spoiler:
shezcrafti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:24 AM   #33
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
I actually liked that the turtles didn't stand a chance against Shredder alone. It made him that much more menacing. I also liked that it demonstrated that Leo was the most skilled (or is it most disciplined?) of the four, as he was the only one to even get a slash in. It also helped depict Splinter as a true ninja master in which the turtles have a long way to go. He was clever and used no more energy than was necessary.
I don't know about all that. If Shredder were really menacing and the turtle really "didn't stand a chance" he would have killed them all in 60 seconds.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:48 AM   #34
Matches Malone
Stone Warrior
 
Matches Malone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: California
Posts: 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
I don't know about all that. If Shredder were really menacing and the turtle really "didn't stand a chance" he would have killed them all in 60 seconds.
Ok, well maybe "didn't stand a chance" was a bit of an overstatement. When they realized The Shredder was holding Splinter captive, we definitely got to see the turtles step up and stand more of a chance (albeit a small one). But the point remains that he was menacing enough that the turtles struggled to defeat him as much as they did and ultimately failing to do so. It was Splinter who had to unexpectedly rescue the turtles, which worked perfectly (in my opinion) as a nice twist, an emotional reveal to his sons and a fitting final confrontation between the two rivals. I would definitely say it was an improvement over the first issue's more straight forward ending of the turtles simply overpowering him, though the thermite bomb is pretty memorable.
__________________
"Baxter, you slime puppy!"
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:34 PM   #35
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Mikey stood his ground fairly well. When Casey arrives on the scene with Splinter and Danny, you can hear Mikey lasting a good while against the Shredder
Yeah, I always took it as a shout out to Mikey's awesome fighting skills.

Wish we could of seen it!
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 04:23 AM   #36
Fugitoid Jones
Stone Warrior
 
Fugitoid Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: D'hoonib, VT
Posts: 886
I'm going to go with the fight from the first film that lead up to the final fight against Shredder. I love how it starts in the sewer, then goes to street level, then they make their way up to the roof top. I love the dialogue between Don and Mike while fighting, and one of my favorite moves they do is during this fight, the roll performed by Leo and Raph. Plus I love the music that plays during this scene. Awesome stuff!
__________________

"You are right, I have always known about man. From the evidence, I believe his wisdom must walk hand and hand with his idiocy. His emotions must rule his brain. He must be a warlike creature who gives battle to everything around him, even himself."
-Dr. Zaius
Fugitoid Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.