The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2012, 02:04 PM   #21
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Yeah, I agree. I don't see him as a total dropout. But if he's eighteen in this series, then it stands to reason that he's at least graduated high school.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 04:17 PM   #22
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
Didn't they say awhile back that he would be 18?
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 05:00 PM   #23
Killer Moth
Hench Mutant
 
Killer Moth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly Bean View Post
Question, why does everyone want Casey to be some social loser where he is a drop out or a halfwit dumbass? I mean I know he isn't valedictorian material but based on what I've seen in TMNT and 4KIDS show he he does have some things going for him.
Because that man-child image of him tends to sticks. Fortunately, it's easier to deal with, when the character is a teenager and thus can be more legitimately care-free in his bashing around with Raph, rather than to take responsibilty and be a normal adult. (Can't have that, as being normal is April's role.) Some ways, that was one of City At War's strengths and the issues leading up to it, as all that forced him to grow up and fast. The medium allowed him to do that, when he wouldn't be allowed to in others (as dead pregnant girlfriend is a kid cartoon no-no).

At most, I expect him to get pass high school, and possibly do what IDW did with him: on a scholarship with the fear of low grades looming above. Or, depending on his age, make him a college dropout, as that's less of a stigma when compared to the high school equivalent.

I'll cross my fingers they'll keep some traits from the first movie, as the first movie, flaws aside, nailed Casey perfectly. Some traits are harder to translate than others (i.e., the homophobia), but it isn't impossible, either.
Killer Moth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:37 AM   #24
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,222
Who does everybody want to hear do Casey's voice?

I'm thinking Josh Keaton would make a great teenaged CJ. Think less Peter Parker and more Hal Jordan.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:04 AM   #25
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post

I'm thinking Josh Keaton would make a great teenaged CJ. Think less Peter Parker and more Hal Jordan.
That would be cool. I can totally picture that.
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:17 AM   #26
cryan
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Athens,AL
Posts: 743
Casey is goingto need a New York accent as well.
cryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:42 AM   #27
Hero
British Bloke
 
Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 2,298
I'm glad there's talk of a season 2 all the same.
Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 02:07 PM   #28
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
$60mil for just one season of a show would be a dumb move even by Nick's standards. They'll force-feed their audience the second season, if necessary.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:27 PM   #29
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I've liked all iterations of Casey in the past, the only one I found flawed was 4kids' version. He was great, just at times too stupid.
I don't expect brains per se, but don't make him an idiot and I'll be fine.
I definitly agree with you on that! As much as people complain about 4Kids Mikey being annoying, I thought 4Kids Casey was a retard! Hopefully the Nick version will be on the smarter side!
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:28 PM   #30
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
I'm okay with 2k3 Casey, he had good moments on the show.
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:40 PM   #31
Xav
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Moth View Post
Some traits are harder to translate than others (i.e., the homophobia), but it isn't impossible, either.
What homophobia?
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:05 PM   #32
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
KM misspelled "claustrophobia". Simple mistake...
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:43 PM   #33
Mr.Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
Mr.Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North America
Posts: 1,652
if casey is human raph then april d be female version human don
__________________
Mr.Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.