The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2012, 08:31 AM   #1
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,805
Casey Jones in Season 2

Since Nick said we won't see Casey till Season 2, how do you think he will be different for this series?

Apparently he's going to be 18 because April is only 16, (although by Season 2 April might be 17 if they have her age), so do you think Casey will be a High School drop out? Or do you think he'll be one of the kids on the hockey team?

Given how young the main cast are in this version I can see Casey being like he is in the IDW comics, just a youthful kid still living with his parents.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:47 AM   #2
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,215
If you recall the interview, which was like a year ago, he said they didn't plan to bring him in early. So there's still a chance he could show up later in season 1.

Anyways, I'd bet they de-age him. But they could also make him a whack-o like he was in the OT and not make him a love interest for April at all.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:56 AM   #3
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,805
Didn't they already confirm he will be 18? I also doubt they won't go the love interest route when Don crushes on April and it will lead to all kinds of shennanigans.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:05 AM   #4
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
I thought the interview specificly said Casey wouldn't be seen until Season 2, that he would be 18, and something about him being involved in a love-triangle. So...
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
April is only 16
I keep forgetting that she won't actually be 12 and that I just think she looks 12.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:08 AM   #5
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist
 
Cowabunga Carl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,384
Love triangles are all the craze now thanks to Twilight. I remember when we used to just have a decent love story between two characters in literature. How i miss those days.

On the Casey front I think we will see something along the lines of what IDW is doing with him.
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:10 AM   #6
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,215
Not confirmed, but it's a reasonable assumption. Here's the direct quote.

Toonzone: What about Casey Jones? Can we expect to see him as well?

Joshua Sternin: Casey we all love and want to put him in there, maybe not in the first season or at least not early on.




That's the only mention of him in the interview.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:15 AM   #7
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Toonzone: What about Casey Jones? Can we expect to see him as well?

Joshua Sternin: Casey we all love and want to put him in there, maybe not in the first season or at least not early on.
Oh... Not the interview I was thinking of.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:22 AM   #8
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
Oh... Not the interview I was thinking of.
You're probably thinking of when Machias and all them were invited to the Nickelodeon preview thingy last year. They were told that Casey was going to be younger than usual, but older than April.

Like I said, 18 would be a reasonable assumption, but there's been no confirmed age.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:34 AM   #9
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
A while back I read that when Casey appears he will be April's love interest, which according to the creators, is seriously going to tick off Donnie.
__________________




Last edited by TurtleTitan97; 04-01-2012 at 11:22 AM.
TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:15 PM   #10
Zany Orange Dude
The Little Nerdy Teacher
 
Zany Orange Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: At my desk reading comics and writing lesson plans
Posts: 2,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
A while back I read that when Casey appears he will be April's love interest, which according to the creators, is seriously going to tick off Donnie.
Yes, that is what I remember as well.
I also think Casey will be treated similarly to the IDW comics version of him. It's hard for me to picture Casey attending...school for some reason. Not to say I hate the idea, its just Casey is much of the intellectual type?
__________________
Zany Orange Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 04:20 PM   #11
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zany Orange Dude View Post
Yes, that is what I remember as well.
I also think Casey will be treated similarly to the IDW comics version of him. It's hard for me to picture Casey attending...school for some reason. Not to say I hate the idea, its just Casey is much of the intellectual type?
Did you go to public school? I don't know about you, but mine wasn't exactly overflowing with "intellectual types".
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:27 PM   #12
Zany Orange Dude
The Little Nerdy Teacher
 
Zany Orange Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: At my desk reading comics and writing lesson plans
Posts: 2,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Did you go to public school? I don't know about you, but mine wasn't exactly overflowing with "intellectual types".
I didn't mean smarts wise. My wording was confusing. I meant that he strikes me as the high school drop out.
__________________
Zany Orange Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:20 PM   #13
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zany Orange Dude View Post
I didn't mean smarts wise. My wording was confusing. I meant that he strikes me as the high school drop out.
College dropout? Probably. High School dropout? Nah, I know a lot of butt head's with high school degrees.

Most of the kids I know that dropped out had decent paying jobs. So maybe if Casey was working as a mechanic or something, but I don't think Nickelodeon would want the show's male-human main character to be condoning dropping out of school.

Not that old CJ's ever been much a role model anyways, heh.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:42 PM   #14
Drose18
The Catalina Wine Mixer
 
Drose18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,865
I think is premiere episode will start out with him playing hockey at school and when he gets home he sees a robber robbing the bank and he gets that guy and kills him (Off screen) then heads home. Then it goes to the turtles discussing a plan to attack the utroms the next day. The next day Casey wakes up to see the kraangs kidnapping him and his parents. When they get to the kraangs base the turtles show up and save Casey but couldn't get his parents, after that Casey is so overwhelmed he ran away from the turtles and headed home. The next day he decides to get all the money he could find in his house/apartment and being 18 has enough to get his own place closer to the turtles. Casey sees a lot of crimes on the news and decides he's gonna stop all the crime. He goes out then it goes to the turtles donny is taking April to a movie when they see a guy beating up some robbers. Donny foes to stop the guy who is Casey and then after being beaten up by Casey don and April head home and Raph decides he's gonna teach him a lesson. Raphael goes on patrol looking for Casey and eventually finds him in central park. Raph and Casey start fighting and get ambushed by a bunch of foot ninjas. They work together and beat all of the foot ninjas. Raphael takes Casey back to the lair and he meets the turtles and splinter and April. He starts flirting with April and calling her babe so late at nite when Casey was about to leave don talks to him and threatens to beat him up unless he stays off of his girl. Then Casey goes to sleep and the credits roll. Waddya think?
Drose18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:52 PM   #15
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshadamd View Post
I think is premiere episode will start out with him playing hockey at school and when he gets home he sees a robber robbing the bank and he gets that guy and kills him (Off screen) then heads home. Then it goes to the turtles discussing a plan to attack the utroms the next day. The next day Casey wakes up to see the kraangs kidnapping him and his parents. When they get to the kraangs base the turtles show up and save Casey but couldn't get his parents, after that Casey is so overwhelmed he ran away from the turtles and headed home. The next day he decides to get all the money he could find in his house/apartment and being 18 has enough to get his own place closer to the turtles. Casey sees a lot of crimes on the news and decides he's gonna stop all the crime. He goes out then it goes to the turtles donny is taking April to a movie when they see a guy beating up some robbers. Donny foes to stop the guy who is Casey and then after being beaten up by Casey don and April head home and Raph decides he's gonna teach him a lesson. Raphael goes on patrol looking for Casey and eventually finds him in central park. Raph and Casey start fighting and get ambushed by a bunch of foot ninjas. They work together and beat all of the foot ninjas. Raphael takes Casey back to the lair and he meets the turtles and splinter and April. He starts flirting with April and calling her babe so late at nite when Casey was about to leave don talks to him and threatens to beat him up unless he stays off of his girl. Then Casey goes to sleep and the credits roll. Waddya think?
No offense dude, but I see stuff wrong here, like:

1. Casey killing a robber? This is a kids' show,I don't think the new series will be that dark.
2. You mention the utroms, even though the kraang are going to replace them in the series.
3. I don't really see Donatello threatining to beat someone up, espaically Casey since he's basically a human Raph.

Other than that, it could work but lets wait and see what Nick will do with our boy Casey.
__________________




Last edited by TurtleTitan97; 04-01-2012 at 09:01 PM.
TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:00 PM   #16
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Ah, to be young again...

Wait...no...I don't want that.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:53 AM   #17
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
I've liked all iterations of Casey in the past, the only one I found flawed was 4kids' version. He was great, just at times too stupid.
I don't expect brains per se, but don't make him an idiot and I'll be fine.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 06:14 AM   #18
Drose18
The Catalina Wine Mixer
 
Drose18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,865
He really wasnt that stupid, they treated him like an idiot.
Drose18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 06:15 AM   #19
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Well, there was sort of a love triangle in 2K3, even though it was subtle to a point, so I don't have a problem with one here, too. However, I can't see Don just threatening to beat up Casey like that. He'll probably just look on and be too shy to really interfere.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:16 PM   #20
Jelly Bean
Stone Warrior
 
Jelly Bean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: in front of the computer
Posts: 974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Ah, to be young again...

Wait...no...I don't want that.
yeah, couse you are just so over the hill.

Never mind I just checked how old you are, you're inching closer and closer to 30! YIKES You must have stopped the birthday spankings a long time ago.

Question, why does everyone want Casey to be some social loser where he is a drop out or a halfwit dumbass? I mean I know he isn't valedictorian material but based on what I've seen in TMNT and 4KIDS show he he does have some things going for him.
__________________
Quote:
it's pretty stupid that any company that specializes in serving up hot meat - specifically "Hot C*ck Meat" (Chickens? "C*cks"? Get it?) - in between a set of warm buns would have an anti-gay agenda. The irony is palpable.
-Leo656

--------


Last edited by Jelly Bean; 04-02-2012 at 12:31 PM.
Jelly Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.