The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: What do you what to return in TMNT
Nightwatcher 2 8.33%
Turtle Titan 2 8.33%
Cody Jones from Fast Fowards 0 0%
Turtles In Trench Coats more often 5 20.83%
The turtle blimp 1 4.17%
Cowabunga Carl 0 0%
Shredders and Karai's Daddy and Daughter relation ships. 2 8.33%
TURTLE POWER!!! 2 8.33%
Crazy Pizza toppings 3 12.50%
Other 7 29.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2012, 05:49 AM   #21
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
I've never been a fan of thinks.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:32 AM   #22
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,408
I'd like Channel 6 to be referenced in a throwaway gag line
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:21 AM   #23
Bossk
Random Punk
 
Bossk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 37
I'd like some totally radical whipped cream pizza, dude!
Bossk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:25 AM   #24
Mr.Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
Mr.Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North America
Posts: 1,652
as to reference, i d like they do that to as many things as possible frm the shows in the past so to keep the continuity of universe...
__________________
Mr.Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:48 AM   #25
Genesis
Stone Warrior
 
Genesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 624
It's... a different universe. That's kind of the point.
Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:54 AM   #26
Mr.Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
Mr.Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North America
Posts: 1,652
just small references wont hurt nothing.
__________________
Mr.Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:11 AM   #27
Genesis
Stone Warrior
 
Genesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 624
That's what they're already doing, though. Your concern is entirely moot.
Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:35 AM   #28
Mr.Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
Mr.Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North America
Posts: 1,652
we havent seen 1 episode yet n all of a sudden u got everything defined in ur mind abt the show? mook.
__________________
Mr.Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:19 PM   #29
Vincent
Hench Mutant
 
Vincent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 293
Let's see... things I'd like to see return, that I don't know if they are returning...

From Mirage (not counting the obvious, core things that always come back):
Bloodsucker (more specifically, I'd like to see an adaptation of The River)
Chet (I'd love to see little hints dropped here and there that the kid is still in the city, and grown up, even if we never get to see him)
Klunk
Triceratons
TCRI/Utrom (after having introduced the Kraang, the twist that the Utrom are good guys could potentially be even stronger for viewers not already familiar with the Utrom)
Leatherhead as good and intelligent

From Fred Wolf/Archie:
The Technodrome (it's a cool design, it's iconic, it's huge, and it's called The Technodrome - what's not to love?)
Bebop & Rocksteady (We all know they're more interesting designs than Tokka and Rahzar, although I'd like to see the intelligence quotient cranked up to at least near average)
Ninjara
Irma Langinstein (as a minor character, perhaps April's classmate)

From 4Kids/Dreamwave:
John Bishop
Hunter "Hun" Mason (as Purple Dragons leader, then maybe later joining the Shredder)
Angel
Mr. Mortu
The further developed Purple Dragons (Dragonface, Two Ton, et.c.)
Dheeraj
Garbageman
April's computer skills being somewhat played up (I could have put this in the Mirage list, but I feel like it was given a bit more of a spotlight at 4Kids; Donatello "does machines", but it'd be neat if April helps program them)

Things I don't particularly want to see return:
Justice Force (because I think the idea of superheroes always diluted the importance of the TMNT)
Turtle Titan (mostly because Mikey should have learned his lesson after the first try and never done it again, and now it's been done so much that there's no point even doing it once in the new series)
Ch'rell (because I personally feel it detracts from the dramatic impact of Oroku Saki as a man who made some bad choices)
Channel 6 (or 3, for that matter), and by extension, April as a reporter/damsel-in-distress (because that's Lois Lane)
Cody Jones/Serling
The Ultimate Ninja
April's 2k3 fashion sense (I don't know anything about fashion, and don't really care, but that half-shirt seemed a bit out of place in 2003)
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHorFa22x3Q
Hey, if Vanilla Ice and Partners in Kryme can do it, so can I.

Last edited by Vincent; 07-17-2012 at 12:55 PM.
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:46 PM   #30
Mr.Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
Mr.Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North America
Posts: 1,652
its fine if cody's back but not serling.
__________________
Mr.Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:25 PM   #31
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,408
If Irma did come into the picture, I'd love Don's affections switch from April to her, just 'cause every old 'toon fan likes to pair those two up.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:30 PM   #32
Mr.Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
Mr.Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North America
Posts: 1,652
bishop and hun r good choice too.
__________________
Mr.Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:31 PM   #33
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
To be honest, I seriously don't see those two characters fitting into this new show.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:33 PM   #34
Mr.Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
Mr.Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North America
Posts: 1,652
^ i do. they r bad a$$ and they r original.
__________________
Mr.Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 02:49 PM   #35
FearlessLeader
Mad Scientist
 
FearlessLeader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Watching Space Heroes
Posts: 1,048
I just want Klunk
__________________

Artwork by Jim Lawson
FearlessLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 02:55 PM   #36
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Turtle View Post
^ i do. they r bad a$$ and they r original.
So original that they should be brought back and thus made unoriginal by being rehashed!
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 02:58 PM   #37
Mr.Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
Mr.Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North America
Posts: 1,652
^well they can always redesign the look of the 2 to make them unrecognizable by the old fans. as long as they are still called bishop and hun.
__________________
Mr.Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.