The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2012, 10:23 PM   #21
Dirty Blond
Stone Warrior
 
Dirty Blond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 827
Casey Jones' father will assume the mantle of the Shredder.
Dirty Blond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:58 AM   #22
Matches Malone
Stone Warrior
 
Matches Malone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: California
Posts: 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
I dunno about Shredder, but I would like to see Krang get killed eventually. I think it'd be cool if Shredder was the one who did him in.
I'm down with this. Being rivals, I like the idea of one doing the other in. And Krang can't kill the Shredder cause he's already spoken for.
__________________
"Baxter, you slime puppy!"
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:00 AM   #23
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:41 AM   #24
Cryomancer
Mad Scientist
 
Cryomancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,090
Well if we're speculating...

TMNT defeat Shredder, leave him lying there. Then Karai comes out of a shadow and finishes him off and takes the armor.

Alternatively, Splinter kills him. Then the TMNT deal with the fallout of agreeing/not agreeing with him doing so.
__________________

Final Boss of translation group Opentrain.
We do videogame comics and TMNT stuff.
http://opentrain.theyear199x.org/
Cryomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:03 AM   #25
Godzilla
Foot Soldier
 
Godzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
That's why in Mirage it didn't matter. Shredder was dead but his shadow cast on the rest of the series with Karai/The Foot being recurring characters.

Just look at City at War, Volume 2, Image and even Volume 4...the Turtles were never full free under Shredder's shadow.
Mirage killing off a character like Shredder, and keeping him dead was a very unique stance in the world of comicdom. Even with his legacy never fully going away, it was certainly contrary of what a reader has come to expect from long running titles.

Don't really see the IDW continuity retreading this concept, though if they did, it would be surprising.
Godzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:53 PM   #26
funatic
Mad Scientist
 
funatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Northampton, MA
Posts: 1,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
I'm down with this. Being rivals, I like the idea of one doing the other in. And Krang can't kill the Shredder cause he's already spoken for.
I wonder if they'll form an alliance at some point to echo the OT, only to backstab one another in the future (something they toyed with in the OT, but never seriously). Not that I want this series to parallel the OT at all really... A literal backstab (brainstab?) would be preferable, and suit the IDW tone.
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:57 PM   #27
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by funatic View Post
I wonder if they'll form an alliance at some point to echo the OT, only to backstab one another in the future (something they toyed with in the OT, but never seriously). Not that I want this series to parallel the OT at all really... A literal backstab (brainstab?) would be preferable, and suit the IDW tone.
Haha, I agree.

In the old show Shredder and Krang always talked about betraying or turning against each other, but it never actually happened. Probably because the writers treated them as an old married couple.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:52 PM   #28
funatic
Mad Scientist
 
funatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Northampton, MA
Posts: 1,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Probably because the writers treated them as an old married couple.
My friends and I would always debate who would get to keep the kids (Bebop & Rocksteady) after the divorce...
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 12:45 AM   #29
n-zero
Foot Soldier
 
n-zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Probably because the writers treated them as an old married couple.
It's a classic sitcom formula:

Krang = Nagging wife
Shredder = Dumb husband
Bebop and Rocksteady = Idiot kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by funatic View Post
My friends and I would always debate who would get to keep the kids (Bebop & Rocksteady) after the divorce...
This was addressed in the Return of the Shredder episodes- Krang kept the kids and the house (Technodrome) in Dimension X and Shredder had to move into a rundown apartment and take on a roommate (Baxter)
n-zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:58 AM   #30
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19
Stone Warrior
 
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Greece
Posts: 661
Shredder will not die until the last issue of the series. Only in Mirrage they killed him . In 1987 cartoon and Archie comics he didnt die and in the 4kids cartoon he died in TMNT Forever. Dont worry they will not kill him! No one wants him to die! The fans will be very angry if something like this happens.
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:09 AM   #31
thelouisguy
Hench Mutant
 
thelouisguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montréal
Posts: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAXTER STOCKMAN 19 View Post
Dont worry they will not kill him! No one wants him to die! The fans will be very angry if something like this happens.
Not sure if "fans will be very angry" if he dies. Some fans would be, but not all.
thelouisguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:55 AM   #32
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist
 
Cowabunga Carl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,384
I'm not worried about him being killed off. I think I'd actually prefer it. The legacy of the Shredder is more threatening then the actual man.
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:55 PM   #33
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelouisguy View Post
Not sure if "fans will be very angry" if he dies. Some fans would be, but not all.
No, no, you're wrong. Baxter speaks for every fan when he posts.

Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:13 PM   #34
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician
 
Redeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,737
Im with many other dromers on here and would like to see the Shredder as a "Mantle" I think that would be pretty interesting take on the foot
__________________
GT:Reedeamer
THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:47 PM   #35
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist
 
Cowabunga Carl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,384
That is one thing that I loved about Mirage. They had the gumption to kill of Shredder and let the Foot be in the background always. It wasn't scheme after scheme failing. I don't want to see IDW Shredder fall into that stereotype either. I'd rather see him get killed off and then the Foot try to get revenge. Heck they could even try to resurrect him from time to time.
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:03 PM   #36
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Hob View Post
I'm not worried about him being killed off. I think I'd actually prefer it. The legacy of the Shredder is more threatening then the actual man.
Agreed. And in my head I've not been convinced that Oroku Saki himself was ever the guy that actually "Created" the Shredder at all... but rather a mantle that even he himself accepted at some point.

I wish Mirage explored that a bit. A "Tales of the Shredder" exploring previous Shredders -- including Saki -- would have been awesome.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:35 PM   #37
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist
 
Cowabunga Carl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,384
Sounds like another Andrew issue needs to be put into the works I'd read the issue about the mantle of the Shredder.
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:41 PM   #38
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Indeed, the legacy/mantle of the Shredder is far more important than just the man Oroku Saki.

And, yes, Andrew. if that was ever a thing, I'd love to read it...or even help with it.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:42 AM   #39
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Hob View Post
Sounds like another Andrew issue needs to be put into the works I'd read the issue about the mantle of the Shredder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Indeed, the legacy/mantle of the Shredder is far more important than just the man Oroku Saki.

And, yes, Andrew. if that was ever a thing, I'd love to read it...or even help with it.
To the punch I've been beaten. This.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:49 AM   #40
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist
 
Cowabunga Carl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,384
I'd even be willing to help in some way if he would have me. Heck if he doesn't do it maybe some of us others should. But Andrew's stuff is top notch and I think he would do an amazing issue.
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.