The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2013, 03:14 AM   #21
Konchadunga
Stone Warrior
 
Konchadunga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 912
He's funny. I think Splinter is funnier, but then, I've seen every incarnation of TMNT and no incarnation of Star Trek. Compared to Splinter, Ryan's lack of ethics also bugs me at times; not in that it's not funny, but in that it's disconcerting that a supposed ethical hero venerates him. If they want to play Leo as a bit of an antihero, though, then it could work...I just don't think they will.

Edit: Today my brother actually came in while the show was in one of the Space Heroes segments, and so didn't know I was watching TMNT!
__________________
Konchadunga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:17 AM   #22
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
He is a funny character, but in small doses only. I wouldn't want Leo to have a full fledge adventure with him going into the tv or something lame like that.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:25 AM   #23
Konchadunga
Stone Warrior
 
Konchadunga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 912
I remember when Teen Titans did an episode like that, I thought it really sucked. Cringe-worthy humor.
__________________
Konchadunga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:50 AM   #24
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
I freakin' love Captain Ryan. He's awesome, and I think Space Heroes is an entertaining show. I haven't watched any Star Trek as I'm not a Trekkie, but I do like Space Heroes and how funny it is. I definitely want to see more of it. And I like how these segments relate to the core of the episode itself like when Captain Ryan was in a forbidden relationship with that girl, it mirrored the foreshadowing of Leo and Karai. Brilliantly done.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:28 AM   #25
Lethal Lullaby
Foot Elite
 
Lethal Lullaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 4,816
Lol. having Space heroes in this show is like almost watchin two shows at once. I really like Captain Ryan. I love his way of solving his problems. (Slapping ppl especially)
Lethal Lullaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:45 AM   #26
Moonlight1102
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow
Posts: 301
He's funny. Not the kid of the person you'd usually see in a children's show.
__________________
Moonlight1102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:50 AM   #27
blue_angel99
Hench Mutant
 
blue_angel99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 382
Not to fond of Captain Ryan...especially today's episode
__________________
blue_angel99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:07 AM   #28
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_angel99 View Post
Not to fond of Captain Ryan...especially today's episode
His antics are what make him funny.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:11 AM   #29
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Space heroes web series?
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:36 AM   #30
blue_angel99
Hench Mutant
 
blue_angel99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
His antics are what make him funny.
If you're not the one getting slapped or dissintergrated.

His antics always leave me saying WTF?!

I don't hate him; just don't like him.
__________________
blue_angel99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:46 AM   #31
zodiac brave
Stone Warrior
 
zodiac brave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: san antonio, tx
Posts: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
So going through this thread I was all like "GOTTA CORRECT CYBERCUBED ON THIS...oh wait...Jester did it. GOTTA CORRECT COLLECTOR ON THIS...oh wait...Jester did it".

We're on the same wave length, and it's scary.
heh, i was thinking the same thing...

capt. ryan is my role model, too. im swagger-jacking leo!
__________________
what we were after, was lashings of ultra-violence.

zodiac brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:52 AM   #32
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10,480
Shouldn't Leonardo prefer watching martial arts and samurai movies instead? Save the science fiction for Donatello, and let it inspire him to make inventions!
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:03 AM   #33
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite
 
BabyTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Shouldn't Leonardo prefer watching martial arts and samurai movies instead? Save the science fiction for Donatello, and let it inspire him to make inventions!
I feel like Donnie would criticize every little detail about the show XD
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:07 AM   #34
DarkLightDragon
Mad Scientist
 
DarkLightDragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Shouldn't Leonardo prefer watching martial arts and samurai movies instead? Save the science fiction for Donatello, and let it inspire him to make inventions!


Just because he does martial arts doesn't mean that should be all what he watches and revoles around.
DarkLightDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:30 AM   #35
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
I can't help but wonder what Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory would say about Captain Ryan. Would he find the parody of his favorite sci-fi series humerous or insulting?
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:56 AM   #36
DonatelloNinja82
Mad Scientist
 
DonatelloNinja82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTurtles View Post
I feel like Donnie would criticize every little detail about the show XD
I could totally picture Donnie doing that!! And I know this was said, but I do adore how Leo gets so excited to watch the show and even has eps memorized. And Raph making fun of him for watching the show is a riot. I am a Trekkie, so I appreciate the parody. Captain Ryan is hilarious. I also loved when Raph quoted a Ryan line to Leo.
__________________
Michelangelo: Holy guacamole with hot sauce and jalapenos!

DonatelloNinja82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:07 AM   #37
Vivi
Mad Scientist
 
Vivi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ninja HQ, Moon
Posts: 1,076
He's okay as a parody, but the joke can only last so long if the character has no other *ahem* dimension.
Vivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:48 PM   #38
Red-eyed Jaguar
Thug
 
Red-eyed Jaguar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 99
Well, since I'm a Star Trek Fan myself, I do like him a lot. This Guy amuses me, everytime I see him.
Like in the last Episode, even so I felt somewhat sorry for him, I had to laugh.
Red-eyed Jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:40 PM   #39
NiNi
Hench Mutant
 
NiNi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 369
I actually like Captain Ryan. ...particularly when he's extremely smug. For some reason that just makes me laugh quite a bit. XD
__________________
NiNi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:50 AM   #40
Xav
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredded View Post
If there is some-thing all Leos have lacked, it's some sort of more tangible character, some-thing more relateable then just. "Wise and always correct leader."

There's a reason why he was never any-ones fave turtle.
He was my favorite in the 2003 series.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
nick


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.