The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2013, 01:02 AM   #21
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Would you say it's more a warrior code, like Bushido?
No, Ninjutsu is the art is espionage, stealth and survival.

espionage and fighting is two different things. Ninjutsu and Bujutsu are not the same, it is like comparing race car driving to cake baking.

Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:36 AM   #22
Pachira
Random Punk
 
Pachira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 26
The "Ninjutsu" and "Ninja" are not always of justice.
They are similar to that spy.
They work for the purpose of murder and treason ...

I love this show
Turtles and Splinter speak Japanese that is very clear pronunciation.
They are use martial arts is look like a "Kendo", "Karate", "judo"
It is martial arts of Japan in ordinary.
Pachira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:03 AM   #23
Berserker
Thug
 
Berserker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
No, Ninjutsu is the art is espionage, stealth and survival.

espionage and fighting is two different things. Ninjutsu and Bujutsu are not the same, it is like comparing race car driving to cake baking.
Actually, ninjutsu is an interdisciplinary martial art that includes a wide variety of combat skills, survival skills, tactics of espionage, and spiritual hardiness.

The ninja turtles may over-emphasize the combative aspect of ninjutsu, that does not mean combat is not a part of it.

P.S. Antony Cummins is something of a hack job with very few actual qualifications. The guy can't even read Japanese and very few actual martial arts teachers take him seriously.

Last edited by Berserker; 02-14-2013 at 07:16 AM.
Berserker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:25 AM   #24
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
I love it as it makes the show more authentic. I also wish they'd subtitle a bit though. I've been dying to know what Leo said to Raph before they squared off in the first episode.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:03 AM   #25
Pachira
Random Punk
 
Pachira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 26
Sorry, my English not good.
Ep14 Karai said "Miyamoto Musashi"
It was actual human. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miyamoto_Musashi
He was "Kenjyutsu ka" It's a Swordsman mean.
Miyamoto Musashi Using two swords. Originator of the "Niten Ryu".
Leonardo also "Niten Ryu"!

And, Became a model of the "Usagi Yojimbo".
Pachira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:26 AM   #26
Berserker
Thug
 
Berserker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachira View Post
Sorry, my English not good.
Ep14 Karai said "Miyamoto Musashi"
It was actual human. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miyamoto_Musashi
He was "Kenjyutsu ka" It's a Swordsman mean.
Miyamoto Musashi Using two swords. Originator of the "Niten Ryu".
Leonardo also "Niten Ryu"!

And, Became a model of the "Usagi Yojimbo".
Cool facts!
Berserker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:33 AM   #27
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
I love it as it makes the show more authentic. I also wish they'd subtitle a bit though. I've been dying to know what Leo said to Raph before they squared off in the first episode.
Onegai shimasu. It's basically a formal way of saying "please train with me".
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:24 PM   #28
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
I love it as it makes the show more authentic. I also wish they'd subtitle a bit though. I've been dying to know what Leo said to Raph before they squared off in the first episode.
Yo, **** you dude, imma stick my kattanas up your nose!
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:00 AM   #29
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Onegai shimasu. It's basically a formal way of saying "please train with me".
Ah, I see. I thought maybe it was some sort of smart retort like, "You're going down" or something like that.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:55 AM   #30
Pachira
Random Punk
 
Pachira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Onegai shimasu. It's basically a formal way of saying "please train with me".
Yes, I think this sensation.
When starting respectful to the other party.

so I speak Japanese, can answer the question
Pachira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:15 AM   #31
Shredded
Foot Soldier
 
Shredded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachira View Post
Yes, I think this sensation.
When starting respectful to the other party.

so I speak Japanese, can answer the question
I'm sorry I am a little confused, is what you meant to say.

"Yes, I think this sentence, is what you say when being respectul to the other party."

?

I'm really curious now, what country are you from? are you asien yourself, if so that's really cool.
Shredded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:56 AM   #32
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredded View Post
I'm sorry I am a little confused, is what you meant to say.

"Yes, I think this sentence, is what you say when being respectul to the other party."

?

I'm really curious now, what country are you from? are you asien yourself, if so that's really cool.
his location written right under his avatar might be a hint...
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:08 AM   #33
Luzmagica
A Magic Light Dudette!
 
Luzmagica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Spain.
Posts: 3,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachira View Post
The "Ninjutsu" and "Ninja" are not always of justice.
They are similar to that spy.
They work for the purpose of murder and treason ...

I love this show
Turtles and Splinter speak Japanese that is very clear pronunciation.
They are use martial arts is look like a "Kendo", "Karate", "judo"
It is martial arts of Japan in ordinary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachira View Post
Sorry, my English not good.
Ep14 Karai said "Miyamoto Musashi"
It was actual human. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miyamoto_Musashi
He was "Kenjyutsu ka" It's a Swordsman mean.
Miyamoto Musashi Using two swords. Originator of the "Niten Ryu".
Leonardo also "Niten Ryu"!

And, Became a model of the "Usagi Yojimbo".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachira View Post
Yes, I think this sensation.
When starting respectful to the other party.

so I speak Japanese, can answer the question
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredded View Post
I'm sorry I am a little confused, is what you meant to say.

"Yes, I think this sentence, is what you say when being respectul to the other party."

?

I'm really curious now, what country are you from? are you asien yourself, if so that's really cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
his location written right under his avatar might be a hint...
Yes!!! Our member friend Pachira is from Japan!!!!
The best info for this thread!!!
__________________
Luzmagica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:08 PM   #34
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachira View Post
Sorry, my English not good.
Ep14 Karai said "Miyamoto Musashi"
It was actual human. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miyamoto_Musashi
He was "Kenjyutsu ka" It's a Swordsman mean.
Miyamoto Musashi Using two swords. Originator of the "Niten Ryu".
Leonardo also "Niten Ryu"!

And, Became a model of the "Usagi Yojimbo".
Wow great info, thanks!
I seriously thought his name was Miyamoto as some kind of Nintendo reference But this is just as cool.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:34 PM   #35
Cipher
Foot Elite
 
Cipher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,454
I've really dug Splinter's casual use of "hajime" and "yame."

Honestly, after the debacle that was 4Kids' fifth season, I'm just happy to hear someone pronouncing and using Japanese words correctly.

Re: Earlier

"Onegai shimasu" fills the practical purpose of being an all-purposes statement of "please show me/let's show each other respect," used in various situations including first meetings. ("Yoroshiku onegai shimasu" is a common platitude during introductions, basically a request of "please treat me well.") It can also be used for polite requests. In the Turtles situation, it looks like it was used in a taunting manner, when normally they'd start a respectful fight with it.

Source: Japanese minor and study abroad. I'm sure Pachira can answer more though.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:55 PM   #36
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
I'm wondering, is it only Leo and Splinter that are fluent in Japanese?

Raph, Mikey and Donnie never uttered a single word in that language before. Oh wait, Donnie did in Turtle Temper when insulting Raph with the bow and arrow.. something about mutto-mutto-guriante or something lol.

Hmm wonder about Raph. Or Mikey even, is he capable of learning that language?
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:32 AM   #37
Gyt Kaliba
Stone Warrior
 
Gyt Kaliba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
I'm wondering, is it only Leo and Splinter that are fluent in Japanese?

Raph, Mikey and Donnie never uttered a single word in that language before. Oh wait, Donnie did in Turtle Temper when insulting Raph with the bow and arrow.. something about mutto-mutto-guriante or something lol.

Hmm wonder about Raph. Or Mikey even, is he capable of learning that language?
I'd imagine that they know at least a few words of it, but their lack of use of it so far is more of a personality thing I'd guess.

Splinter uses it the most obviously because, he was actually Japanese. Leo is the attentive leader (though less so than in a lot of incarnations I guess), so of course he'd have picked up on it the most. Donnie's the intellectual, so learning other languages would probably be fun to him.

Raph, on the other hand, probably wouldn't be too interested. He probably doesn't care what something's called, he just likes using it to beat up his opponent. And Mikey...well, yeah. Mikey's Mikey.
__________________
My FanFiction
Gyt Kaliba is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.