The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2013, 02:02 PM   #21
Bossa Nova
Stone Warrior
 
Bossa Nova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States, California
Posts: 592
Honestly, I'd be pretty damned pleased. Obviously for the movie a lot more detail would need to be added as this is a toned down version for a game, but when I first saw these pics for the game I was all sorts of excited. This is how I like my turtles to like as opposed to the cutesy, baby faced version Nick has going on (which...ARE adorable don't get me wrong, but not what I want to see for a PG-13 violent action feature length film). If the new film's turtles used something like the game turtles as a based, well, I would no longer consider the movie a total loss.
__________________
Bossa Nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:53 PM   #22
Galactus
Foot Elite
 
Galactus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,009
I'd prefer something a bit more standard like the look in the first two live action movies but apart from the nostrils (which is my minor nitpick) I wouldn't mind something akin to the look in the upcoming game at all. As a "realistic" take on the turtles I like it.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:56 PM   #23
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
I'd be very disappointed if this is how they looked in the movie, but if they do, then it is what it is.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:37 PM   #24
Lord Nightwalker
Stone Warrior
 
Lord Nightwalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 698
That's realy not that bad. Face needs a little work, but the more realistic approach is not without merit. The detail in the body alone sures promise.I am assuming this is a work in progress, so it could evolve into something realy cool. I'll wait and see before passing to critical a judgement on it, it better be a blast to play. I attempted to mod the Argonian from Skyrim into a realistic Ninja Turtle and wasn't to successful. lol.
Lord Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:38 PM   #25
ryukenden
Hench Mutant
 
ryukenden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 383
They look a little scaly but personally I would take scales over spots any day. As long as they don't look like crocodile scales like that Michelangelo head sculpt.
ryukenden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:45 AM   #26
jacobzking
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 378
looks like a "real" version of the 2012 nick cartoon, not too bad. i think his goofy smiles makes it look way worse than it is. and the head seems a little small.

could be worse.
jacobzking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:20 AM   #27
arizvega
Thug
 
arizvega's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Manhattan sewers....
Posts: 98
very sad
arizvega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:39 AM   #28
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
I kinda like it. Yeah, I can work with that.






Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:50 AM   #29
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
I can see these sort of designs making for good artwork in a comic book, but I dunno if they'd work in the movie. BTW, I just noticed they only have 2 toes per foot!
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:57 AM   #30
the fixer
Hench Mutant
 
the fixer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: BELGIUM
Posts: 395
I wouldn't be thrilled, no. Not for the movie...

In fact, I wouldn't mind if the Bay Turtles looked more like Raphael in that 'Fight the Foot' trailer from a few years ago...
Y'guys remember that?
He looked realistic, monstrous and frightning enough without being repulsive. Good monster design, right there.

I wonder what happened to that project...
the fixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:58 AM   #31
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
I just noticed they only have 2 toes per foot!
Oh yeah. Tribute to the past turtles maybe?
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:15 PM   #32
Gwydion
Hench Mutant
 
Gwydion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 331
I think the more I look at these designs, the less I dislike them. They just took a bit of getting used to, and while they aren't my favorite Turtle designs, I wouldn't say I'd be super disappointed if something similar was used for the movie. There have been other TMNT designs I haven't cared for upon first seeing them, but I've gotten used to all of them and some of them I actually now really like.

Also, have to admit, I do like the two toed feet.
Gwydion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:40 PM   #33
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
I think I'd be okay if the turtles looked similar to these designs in the new movie. Their not my top favorite look for them, but I think their okay for what they are.
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:55 PM   #34
jestermon
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 486
I think it would be horrible, my problem is if you are going to change something just change it all, it makes no sense why you would make the neck down look exactly the same if not similar, then make the head completely different.

I'm not saying It has to be like the old movie or cartoon, but if they are going to re-design, change it all while you're at it don't make them look exactly the same from the neck down then just have something dumb like normal human faces with green paint on.

Like with Transformers while I am not a fan of the designs, at least they didn't keep everything from the neck down G1 then just slap on the Bay stle heads.
jestermon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:51 PM   #35
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by jestermon View Post
I think it would be horrible, my problem is if you are going to change something just change it all, it makes no sense why you would make the neck down look exactly the same if not similar, then make the head completely different.

I'm not saying It has to be like the old movie or cartoon, but if they are going to re-design, change it all while you're at it don't make them look exactly the same from the neck down then just have something dumb like normal human faces with green paint on.

Like with Transformers while I am not a fan of the designs, at least they didn't keep everything from the neck down G1 then just slap on the Bay stle heads.
Good point. I think even if the Bay movie used those designs, the faces would have been altered with more details to show all sorts of emotions. I already assume all the 80's TMNT fans would bash the movie to hell and back.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:58 PM   #36
TMNT is cooler than MOTU
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Southern CA
Posts: 858
Y'all are lucky you aren't Transformers fans (although soem of you might be). Those suckers didn't look a goddamn thing like the original designs in the movies. I'd say we'd be VERY lucky to get Turtles as accurate as the game designs are. We'll probably end up with something like this.

__________________


Thank you for getting rid of Hamato Yoshi, Michael Bay and Co.! He was suuuuuper unnecessary.
TMNT is cooler than MOTU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:15 PM   #37
jestermon
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 486
You know those don't look bad better than the picture in the first post.

Different turtle types would be neat, I was thinking too if they are supposed to be aliens it would be a lot easier to explain them having Utrom or Triceraton enemies.

If they were just other aliens that fought them instead of being random characters that met up.
jestermon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:32 PM   #38
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior
 
sgtfbomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Internet
Posts: 830
I'm not against change. I'm just for change that is good and these designs are pretty ugly.
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:36 PM   #39
grungethemovie
Foot Soldier
 
grungethemovie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 231
THIS is what they should look like in the new movie!

grungethemovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:46 PM   #40
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT is cooler than MOTU View Post
Y'all are lucky you aren't Transformers fans (although soem of you might be). Those suckers didn't look a goddamn thing like the original designs in the movies. I'd say we'd be VERY lucky to get Turtles as accurate as the game designs are. We'll probably end up with something like this.

[IMG]http://behance.vo.llnwd.net/profiles14/441181/projects/3043767/hd_26ef7753929709cfb56a95667f230d60.jpg[IMG]
How appalingly grotesque. I foresee an immediate flop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grungethemovie View Post
THIS is what they should look like in the new movie!

[IMG]http://www.insidethemagic.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/tmnt.jpg[IMG]
Aww. April won't scream in terror when she saw them the first time; she'll scream out of fuzziness and excitement.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cybercubed thinks deep, live-action films


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.