The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2013, 10:23 PM   #1
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,787
How would you feel if the Turtles in the movie look like the Activision game?

If you didn't see the screenshots yet of Activisions new downloadable game coming in the summer, be prepared to wash out your eyes:



Everytime I look at these designs it makes me think of what the new movie could look like....or resemble. I hope not.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:32 PM   #2
chrisdude
Foot Elite
 
chrisdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,708
The realistic, kinda scary look has merit. I don't like it. I think it's darned ugly.

I feel like, for a movie, the turtles have to be cool. Because kids have to like them to make good money. Kids want to be their heroes. They fantasize about it. Can you imagine the Halloween costumes?
__________________
PSN/Miiverse: MikeFarber
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:34 PM   #3
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
I wouldn't vote for it, but if it happens, I'm indifferent to it. Could be much worse. My only major complaint is that I've always hated nostrils on the TMNT.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:35 PM   #4
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
Looks more like a Teenage Mutant Ninja Goomba!
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:36 PM   #5
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdude View Post
The realistic, kinda scary look has merit. I don't like it. I think it's darned ugly.

I feel like, for a movie, the turtles have to be cool. Because kids have to like them to make good money. Kids want to be their heroes. They fantasize about it. Can you imagine the Halloween costumes?


And Cubed...I wanna wash out my eyes when ever I see a you've started a new thread.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:36 PM   #6
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,787
I hate their faces and those damn nostrils.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:49 PM   #7
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I hate their faces and those damn nostrils.
All I hear is:
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:59 PM   #8
chrisdude
Foot Elite
 
chrisdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,708


I just wanted to post an irrelevant video.
__________________
PSN/Miiverse: MikeFarber
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:57 PM   #9
Luzmagica
A Magic Light Dudette!
 
Luzmagica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Spain.
Posts: 3,878
Just my opinion...not so bad loock....

What happens with nostrils? They need nostrils! Just kidding!
I mean....not so bad!!!!
__________________
Luzmagica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:12 AM   #10
RaphAndDonnie
Stone Warrior
 
RaphAndDonnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 769
I think that I would have nightmares. No seriously it's not even the uncanny valley that's straight nightmare fuel I don't know, as far as the movie goes...I think that I'd be indifferent to it. I don't hate the realistic looking turtle designs...it just freaks me out a bit.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsaucey View Post
I love 2012 Mikey. He is like Joey from friends.
My art is here!: http://suzukipot.deviantart.com/
And my fanfics are here!:http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3865667/suzukipot
RaphAndDonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:33 AM   #11
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
The style is too undefined for a movie. The faces don't have a lot of personality and the semi-beak might be an issue to portray proper range of expressions.

This is very much reminiscent of that thread about that head sculpt so many got their panties in a twist. Their heads just don't have a movie appeal. They need to be able to have a wide range of motion and expressions to make the audience care for the characters and not to fall sown the rabbit hole called The Uncanny Valley.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:00 AM   #12
Bmaga123
Stone Warrior
 
Bmaga123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: WA
Posts: 861
Don't like it one bit I want them to look as close to the classic look and first movie as possible.
Bmaga123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:52 AM   #13
JoshDA7X
Hench Mutant
 
JoshDA7X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 261
I'd choose this over turtles with antenna like the biker mice from mars any day.
__________________


Donatello: You're a claustrophobic.
Casey Jones: You want a fist in the mouth? I've never even looked at another guy.
JoshDA7X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:00 AM   #14
joefsas
Stone Warrior
 
joefsas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Dorset, uk
Posts: 690
Not a fan. The face looks too......human?
__________________
WANTED: S.H.FIGUARTS LEONARDO BANDANA TAIL PIECE!
joefsas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:58 AM   #15
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Very lame looking and yes the first thing I thought when I saw these designs is that these are going to be what they look like in the movie.
Do I hate it or love it? I'm not really sure to be honest, it's got a mixture of yeah that's a ninja turtle with holy hell that's a strange face.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:27 AM   #16
zodiac brave
Stone Warrior
 
zodiac brave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: san antonio, tx
Posts: 822
whats the big damn deal?

they probably won't resemble these characters, so creating a thread like this is kinda unnecessary. that said, if they do for some reason end up looking just like this (or similar enough to still elicit such dumb ire) then isn't that kind of a remedy for the fact that everyone was mad that THESE turtles DIDNT look like the Nick turtles?

at least that'd be SOME kinda synergy.

in general, i like the look. it seems like its gonna be a fairly shallow-budgeted game, so it's not like they needed to do outrageously awesome intricate designs, but this is enough to think they're at least trying something different. if the movies were to go in this general direction, im sure the designs'd be fine tuned and tweeked.
__________________
what we were after, was lashings of ultra-violence.

zodiac brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:51 AM   #17
Slade
god status
 
Slade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 3,291
The face is bad, but I think the body looks good.

Vshen did some redesings in the fan art section, this reminds me of that, only hi looks way better.

Still, no nostrils!
__________________
Do not concern yourself with what I've already done: rather tremble at the thought of what I am about to do.
Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth.
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=48140
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:03 AM   #18
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
No, I expect a movie that the studio is hoping makes a billion dollars to have better design, but the more I look at these the less it bothers me. The biggest issue is the nostrils which I feel are too pronounced, we just don't see nostrils on most versions of the turtles. Sure there are a few pieces of fan art out there that go that route, and it can look okay, but it rarely looks the way they are presented here

The head designs are different enough to provoke a visceral reaction from most people familiar with TMNT upon first seeing them. But once we see a more finished product, and more footage (particularly profile stuff -- not from the front) maybe it won't be so bad

I just hope that the producers of this game are feeling around for impressions from the public. If they were they'd have to know that the head design needs more tweaking and they have lots of time to do it. They can fix it now before release so that more people like it and it could lead to higher sales for them.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:22 AM   #19
bmxbandit
Foot Soldier
 
bmxbandit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 205
really hope not. that would be a tough pill to swallow if i had to stare at those faces on the big screen. creeps me out.
__________________
into cars or motorcycles? check out...
http://www.chaoscarclub.com
bmxbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:24 AM   #20
Bob
Stone Warrior
 
Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UK, England
Posts: 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
The style is too undefined for a movie. The faces don't have a lot of personality and the semi-beak might be an issue to portray proper range of expressions.
I agree with this. I think their faces in the movie will be the most complex they've ever been. They will be designed and animated in such a way that they will be able to convey every single emotion you can think of. These designs look very sparse once you actually look at them. However, I do think they are on the right track in terms of the "realism" they will be going for.
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cybercubed thinks deep, live-action films


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.