The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2013, 04:20 PM   #21
Luigiperps
Mad Scientist
 
Luigiperps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 1,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Oh, who cares who they cast as the Turtles, really? I couldn't even tell you who the actors playing the Turtles in any of the first four movies were and I would bet you the average moviegoer can't either.

We're probably looking at mo-cap and limited suit work for the Turtles when they're walking around/talking, and then either solid CGI or stuntmen when the "ninja action" is happening.
Voices dude!
__________________

Why I love Mikey. He looks into the
face of a giant, killer, mutant alligator with this face.
Luigiperps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:26 PM   #22
chrisdude
Foot Elite
 
chrisdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,708
Considering the build of these guys, the fact that three of these are good-looking dudes, and that Donnie's actor has such a distinctive face and shape, I would GUESS that more of these actors' appearances will show through the actual turtles, than we're used to seeing. Like with characters in Avatar.
__________________
PSN/Miiverse: MikeFarber
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:53 PM   #23
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
I know Noel Fisher from Law & Order SVU and some other smaller roles, he's alright. I can see why they picked him for Mikey. Dunno the other dudes.

It's interesting though that they all sort of... 'look' like their characters. I hope that doesn't mean they'll start off as humans.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:04 PM   #24
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigiperps View Post
Voices dude!
Aside from Feldman I can't think of any voice actors from the four movies, either. And they all did just fine.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:07 PM   #25
Vivi
Mad Scientist
 
Vivi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ninja HQ, Moon
Posts: 1,076
Here is another link with a picture of all of them:

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/all-...for-the-reboot
Vivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:08 PM   #26
1984TMNT
Stone Warrior
 
1984TMNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Aside from Feldman I can't think of any voice actors from the four movies, either. And they all did just fine.
Robbie Rist (Cousin Oliver fame) was Mikey in all 3 live action movies.
__________________
Try to rely on YOUR, Turtle Power!

1984TMNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:17 PM   #27
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Aside from Feldman I can't think of any voice actors from the four movies, either. And they all did just fine.
Really? Poor Robbie Rist and Brian Tochi.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:22 PM   #28
chrisdude
Foot Elite
 
chrisdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,708
We're us. The average Joe doesn't remember those people because they didn't see them. I know we pay attention to them, but voice actors are invisible actors who don't even cross most people's minds.
__________________
PSN/Miiverse: MikeFarber
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:33 PM   #29
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
I never heard of these actors either, But its no doubt that during all the fight choreography, They will just get martial artist to do all the stunts in the motion capture suits.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:39 PM   #30
Ramboraph4life aka Matt
Mad Scientist
 
Ramboraph4life aka Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: North Liberty, Iowa
Posts: 1,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Aside from Feldman I can't think of any voice actors from the four movies, either. And they all did just fine.
Sorry, I disagree with the 'they all did just fine' part...just my opinion though. And to me, voice actors are an Extremely important factor in making the film work.

Granted...Robbie Rist was excellent as Mikey in the first 3 live action flicks, & Brian Tochi was fantastic as Leo. Josh Pais & Laurie Faso did fine in the 1st and 2nd movies.

On the other hand, (just me, my own opinion), the voice actors in the 2007 CGI flick were forgettable/so-so at best (except Mikey, to me the voice was terrible in that flick)...the voice actor for Raphael in the 3rd movie wasn't that good...and Corey Feldman (in my opinion) is very overrated as the voice of Donny.

Feldman's voice didn't fit for the brainiac/scientist of the group. Out of the original film, he was the only one that I thought was miscast.

I thought Adam Carl did a much better job in the second Ninja Turtles film as Donny. A better fit.

I always felt the voice cast in the second live action film was perfect.

Having a great voice cast to bring to these characters will only help the film...but a voice that doesn't fit will certainly be a distraction.
Ramboraph4life aka Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:48 PM   #31
Colonel Schrader
Hench Mutant
 
Colonel Schrader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 324
Who the hell are these ppl? Ugh...

You know the tmnt movie will suck when Megan Fox is the biggest star of the movie! They should have gotten pro's.. Not some unknown ppl..

I was lookin forward to this movie until now.. So upset that they did not go with Cipes.
Colonel Schrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:18 PM   #32
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Awww, but I thought you had faith?
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:35 PM   #33
Colonel Schrader
Hench Mutant
 
Colonel Schrader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Awww, but I thought you had faith?
lost it now.. lol

the movie has been loosing fans from the start.. some ppl lost faith when Bay was attached, some when they were called aliens, some after they read that leaked script or when Megan Fox was hired, I lost it now..
Colonel Schrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:50 PM   #34
RaphAndDonnie
Stone Warrior
 
RaphAndDonnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 769
My hopes for the movie are kind of looking up. Relative unknowns are playing the Turtles...I'm still not pleased about Fox being April but whatever. As long as she doesn't overshadow the Turtles and we get decent actors for Splinter, Shredder and Casey then I might actually be kind of happy about seeing this film.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsaucey View Post
I love 2012 Mikey. He is like Joey from friends.
My art is here!: http://suzukipot.deviantart.com/
And my fanfics are here!:http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3865667/suzukipot
RaphAndDonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:56 PM   #35
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Schrader View Post
lost it now.. lol

the movie has been loosing fans from the start.. some ppl lost faith when Bay was attached, some when they were called aliens, some after they read that leaked script or when Megan Fox was hired, I lost it now..
It was never for the fans to begin with. Aside from, in a small way, the pocket of hardcore fans waiting since 1990 to see some form of Bebop and Rocksteady and Technodromes and stuff on the big screen... but I suspect even them will be largely turned off by what form they will come in.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:10 PM   #36
Xav
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,040
Why does it matter if the actors are known or not? No one knew who the actors were in the first movie anyway.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:03 PM   #37
Bob
Stone Warrior
 
Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UK, England
Posts: 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
Why does it matter if the actors are known or not? No one knew who the actors were in the first movie anyway.
Yeah, exactly. I really don't see why this would make you lose all faith.
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:20 PM   #38
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored
 
***First of Two Latin Kings***'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,841
I read on the same site that while Megan Fox was confirmed for the movie, she wasn't confirmed to be April O' Neil. I could see her doing a decent Karai myself.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets



International shipping assistance: [email protected]
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:12 PM   #39
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by ***The One True Shredder*** View Post
I read on the same site that while Megan Fox was confirmed for the movie, she wasn't confirmed to be April O' Neil. I could see her doing a decent Karai myself.
How? She can't pass for Japanese by any stretch of the imagination.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:40 PM   #40
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
I don't know how this is surprising to anyone. Has any decent news come out of this movie? Not that I'm the right person to ask because pretty much everything we've gotten since the IDW comic started has been ass to me.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
live action films


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.