The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2013, 11:26 AM   #1
chrisdude
Foot Elite
 
chrisdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,708
Deadline announces the other three turtles

Quote:
EXCLUSIVE: Last week, I broke that Paramount Pictures had set The Hunger Games: Catching Fire newcomer Alan Ritchson to play Raphael in the reboot of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Allow me to lift the shell off who’ll be playing the other three turtles. I’m told that Pete Ploszek will play Leonardo, Jeremy Howard will play Donatello and Noel Fisher will play Michaelangelo in the Jonathan Liebesman-directed film. Now, the turtles in the original movies were kind of interchangeable, stuffed into those cheesy costumes, but this is supposed to be a more sophisticated Avatar-like approach. It should give the quartet better exposure, especially since Paramount views this as a franchise. Megan Fox was already set as female lead, and they will lock the bad guy Shredder shortly. Paramount has already dated Ninja Turtles for June 6, 2014.

Ploszek came out of the USC Masters program and has done guest appearances on Parks and Recreation and Shameless, and he’s repped by Gersh and Principal LA.

Howard I don’t know much about, but I’m sure his reps will educate me shortly.

Fisher played a strong role in Hatfields & McCoys, and he was in the cast of the final Twilight Saga film and also appeared in Liebesman’s Battle Los Angeles. He’s repped by UTA and New Wave Entertainment.
http://www.deadline.com/2013/03/dead...ninja-turtles/
__________________
PSN/Miiverse: MikeFarber
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:27 AM   #2
NinjaPug
Foot Elite
 
NinjaPug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,390
Leonardo, Donatello, Michaelangelo cast

Dont know anything about these guys but I think that was the plan.


Quote:


Deadline Lifts The Shell Off The Ninja Turtles

By MIKE FLEMING JR | Monday March 25, 2013 @ 10:01am PDT

EXCLUSIVE: Last week, I broke that Paramount Pictures had set The Hunger Games: Catching Fire newcomer Alan Ritchson to play Raphael in the reboot of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Allow me to lift the shell off who’ll be playing the other three turtles. I’m told that Pete Ploszek will play Leonardo, Jeremy Howard will play Donatello and Noel Fisher will play Michaelangelo in the Jonathan Liebesman-directed film. Now, the turtles in the original movies were kind of interchangeable, stuffed into those cheesy costumes, but this is supposed to be a more sophisticated Avatar-like approach. It should give the quartet better exposure, especially since Paramount views this as a franchise. Megan Fox was already set as female lead, and they will lock the bad guy Shredder shortly. Paramount has already dated Ninja Turtles for June 6, 2014.

Ploszek came out of the USC Masters program and has done guest appearances on Parks and Recreation and Shameless, and he’s repped by Gersh and Principal LA.

Howard I don’t know much about, but I’m sure his reps will educate me shortly.

Fisher played a strong role in Hatfields & McCoys, and he was in the cast of the final Twilight Saga film and also appeared in Liebesman’s Battle Los Angeles. He’s repped by UTA and New Wave Entertainment.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:44 AM   #3
Bob
Stone Warrior
 
Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UK, England
Posts: 546
"They will lock the bad guy Shredder shortly". Interesting. Can safely say I have no idea who any of these actors are. They should get a veteran to portray Splinter. The only one who's done more stuff is the guy who's playing Donatello. IMDB lists him as being 6' 4". The guy who is playing Leonardo also looks tall, whereas the guy who is playing Michaelangelo is 5' 9". Casting so many tall people can't just be a coincidence. I think they're going to keep their real heights.

Last edited by Bob; 03-25-2013 at 11:50 AM.
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:58 AM   #4
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
Not Colonel Schradder? Has the alien story being dumped? :'D

I don't mind the cast, just do your best.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:02 PM   #5
Bob
Stone Warrior
 
Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UK, England
Posts: 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Not Colonel Schradder? Has the alien story being dumped? :'D

I don't mind the cast, just do your best.
I don't know, I wouldn't get too excited. I believe they definitely haven't ejected the alien angle. Mainly because it was basically the plot of the film. However, the whole Colonel Schraeder thing could have gone the way of the dodo. I hope so, but even that I doubt. If they get an Asian actor for Shredder, then hopefully that should give us an indication that Colonel Schraeder has been changed. Can't wait to see who they get for Splinter. Surprised they haven't announced who's playing Casey yet. He was pretty much the main lead in the leaked script.
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:06 PM   #6
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,793
I hope to god this is a sign that Shredder is indeed...Shredder.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:06 PM   #7
Kunoichi_Haruko
A shell of a good hit!
 
Kunoichi_Haruko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Richmond, Va.
Posts: 1,685
Thanks for the news. Again, don't know these guys, so no real opinion. I'm trying formulate one, but I've got nothing, just another shrug.

Curious about Casey, as Deadline didn't say whether they were looking to lock that bit down...

Quote:
I hope to god this is a sign that Shredder is indeed...Shredder.
Fingers crossed, as always...
__________________
Kunoichi_Haruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:07 PM   #8
plasticturtle
Foot Soldier
 
plasticturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 224
Cheesy costumes my ass. They're going to have to work hard to top the first movie. All the fancy CGI in the world isn't enough if the script is bad and the characters are off. I hope this new film DOES top the previous four. But knocking the stellar effects of the first film isn't very classy.
plasticturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:09 PM   #9
Slap-Happy
Bad Boy
 
Slap-Happy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,911
In fine with this. Noel Fisher's a good choice for Mike. Haven't seen Howard in too much, but from what I have seen, he'll do alright as Don. Haven't seen Pete in anything though, but he seems to be a good choice for Leo.

Except for Megan Fox as April, I'm okay with this casting news.

EDIT: Let's stop arguing about the Alien thing for now. After Bay said it was dropped, nothing, except for the ski slope location, has indicated that they have or haven't kept it.

Also, if Shredder is cast as an Asian man, that doesn't give any indication that it's not Schrader.
Slap-Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:16 PM   #10
chrisdude
Foot Elite
 
chrisdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,708
The only person I recognized was Jeremy Howard. He was the four armed alien at the post office in Men In Black II

The most I could find on Pete Ploszek is an old profile page from his college football days, as he seems to have only done a couple guest spots on TV.
http://www.goprincetontigers.com/Vie...&ATCLID=508129
__________________
PSN/Miiverse: MikeFarber
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:16 PM   #11
Dirty Blond
Stone Warrior
 
Dirty Blond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 827
I'm a huge Noel Fischer fan, as you might imagine.

NF:


DB:
Dirty Blond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:29 PM   #12
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
Looking up these people:

I've seen Jeremy Howard in: How the Grinch Stole Christmas (he was Cindy Lou Who's brother, Drew), Galaxy Quest, and MIB II. Seems to be just a minor character actor. Donatello is his first uh major role. His father is Joe Howard who I totally loved in Mathnet and Square One!

Pete Ploszek...I don't watch Parks and Recretion or Shameless so Im not familiar with his acting skills at all.

Noel Fisher: He was pretty good in Hatfields and McCoy's. He's in Shameless with Pete so at least those 2 know each other already. But Noel has done some voice work as well. He was Toad in X-Men Evolution.
__________________
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:05 PM   #13
the fixer
Hench Mutant
 
the fixer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: BELGIUM
Posts: 395
Interesting... Big news keeps on pourin' in these days...

I think the only actor I've seen at work so far is Alan Ritchson in Smallville. The others are complete strangers to me...

Now let's keep our fingers crossed for Shredder, Splinter (and Casey if he's in this at all...)
the fixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:21 PM   #14
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
relatively no-names. I have little relationship to any of them, but cool to know who voiced Evo Toad.

looks more interesting then the Megan Fox news
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:23 PM   #15
TMNT is cooler than MOTU
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Southern CA
Posts: 858
No clue who most of these guys are, but Noel did a great job with Shameless and Hatfields & McCoys. Interesting to see the heights of these actors, though. I don't think we'll get the shorties from the cartoons and comics.
__________________


Thank you for getting rid of Hamato Yoshi, Michael Bay and Co.! He was suuuuuper unnecessary.
TMNT is cooler than MOTU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:59 PM   #16
the fixer
Hench Mutant
 
the fixer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: BELGIUM
Posts: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT is cooler than MOTU View Post
Interesting to see the heights of these actors, though. I don't think we'll get the shorties from the cartoons and comics.


the fixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:21 PM   #17
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior
 
sgtfbomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Internet
Posts: 830
-Gollum
-Ceaser from Rise of the Planet of the Apes
-King Kong (2005)
-Half the characters from Avatar
-The Hulk (including Hulk, The Incredible Hulk, and Avatar)


These are all examples of characters brought to life using mo-cap with actors who are nowhere near the size or build of their actors.
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:28 PM   #18
ryukenden
Hench Mutant
 
ryukenden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 383
I take it these guys are going to be in mocap suits and provide the voices. Unless stuntmen are going to do all the action, I'm assuming these guys had to be able to perform feats of martial arts in their audition as well as try out the signature weapons. Turtles that are six foot tall each? That would be something. Let's see if Pete can slice and dice with dual katana, Jeremy bashing away with a bo, Noel to pound away with nunchaku, and Alan poking away with Sai.
ryukenden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:32 PM   #19
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,396
Oh, who cares who they cast as the Turtles, really? I couldn't even tell you who the actors playing the Turtles in any of the first four movies were and I would bet you the average moviegoer can't either.

We're probably looking at mo-cap and limited suit work for the Turtles when they're walking around/talking, and then either solid CGI or stuntmen when the "ninja action" is happening.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:15 PM   #20
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
The only one I know out of these three is Noel Fisher. I thought he did alright as Toad in X-Men Evolution, but I'm not sure about him as Mikey. Hopefully he'll do a good job as him.
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
live action films


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.