The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2013, 10:20 PM   #21
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior
 
sgtfbomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Internet
Posts: 830
Could he just be playing a news anchor at April's station? I don't think that was a character in the leaked screenplay (which is most likely outdated anyway), but that's a role I can easily see Arnett playing.


Quote:
Lame comedy though? That always stops these kinds of movies in their tracks. I thought Transformers 3 was alright but the Ken Jeong stuff in the beginning was absolutely awful. Same thing with the weed brownie scene in Transformers 2. It's like it takes a detour from stupid action-town into awkward stupid comedy-town and it doesn't leave for like 20 minutes.
I agree. It didn't bother me so much in the first Transformers movie, but the sequels were pretty bad with this. For me, it stopped the films dead in their tracks. I also could have done without the scene where Sam is supposed to be running after his girlfriend because he knows she's in danger, but instead has a lengthy conversation with his parents about love.
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:27 PM   #22
chrisdude
Foot Elite
 
chrisdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,708
Not just the goofy scenes, but the characters, too. They're like, "It's been 20 minutes. We need a laugh. Find somebody and jam him in."

Anthony Anderson played the goofy, 'in over his head' hacker guy from Transformers, who was obviously just jammed-in comedic relief. Then there was the other goofy, 'in over his head' hacker guy who was along for the ride Transformers 2. I don't even know who that was. Then, in Transformers 3, you had Ken Jeong playing the, um... goofy... 'in over his head' hacker guy...
__________________
PSN/Miiverse: MikeFarber
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:44 PM   #23
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,793
I doubt he's playing Vernon, which is the only character he could pass as.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:47 PM   #24
Galactus
Foot Elite
 
Galactus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,009
I'm guessing he's Splinter.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:58 PM   #25
chrisdude
Foot Elite
 
chrisdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,708
If he is just some comic relief character, Vernon would be a perfect role to allow him to tag along with April and be scared, like Sam's roommate from Transformers 2. But The Hollywood Reporter (the site that broke the news) said it's a lead role, so that's probably out.

I just don't want a goofball Shredder/Schrader...
__________________
PSN/Miiverse: MikeFarber
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:09 PM   #26
Vivi
Mad Scientist
 
Vivi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ninja HQ, Moon
Posts: 1,076
He may play Baxter if they're going for the old toon type characters.
Vivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:00 AM   #27
Colonel Schrader
Hench Mutant
 
Colonel Schrader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 324
Yeah, i can see him as baxter, even as the rat king..

Or maybe there will be like 100's of him, and he is the humanoid krang body, just like the nick show.. He could even talk funny like them. He does have that kinda voice.
Colonel Schrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:22 AM   #28
Master Splinter
幸 - 愛 - 思う
 
Master Splinter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 2,824
This could be interesting.

-ms
__________________
Master Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:58 AM   #29
Xav
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,040
He's Bishop.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:23 AM   #30
miru
Mad Scientist
 
miru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,874
He's Dogpound.
miru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:30 AM   #31
Fourcylinder
Foot Soldier
 
Fourcylinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 131
Angry Unfortunate

Judging by the fact that every actor they announce seems like a bad choice for any role in this movie, I certainly don't think it matters who he plays. Heck, he might as well do the motion capture for all four turtles. I really want this to be a passable movie but my hopes are not high.

Last edited by Fourcylinder; 04-03-2013 at 08:42 AM.
Fourcylinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:37 AM   #32
Colonel Schrader
Hench Mutant
 
Colonel Schrader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 324
he is my mom.
Colonel Schrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:22 AM   #33
Darth Knuckles
Stone Warrior
 
Darth Knuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Mutani-Isle
Posts: 701
At first I thought "Oh crap! Casey Jones?" But one site/report claims he is not playing Casey Jones. So then I thought Baxter Stockman and that kind of makes sense. After that I thought he'd be perfect for Vernon! I hope that's who he's playing but it does say he's a lead character. Vernon could be a lead character if, like someone already suggested, he tags along with April a lot.

I don't think it's official yet but I do hope that April is a t.v. reporter for this new movie. To me it just makes more sense that that would be a reason as to why a human would want to hang around with four mutated turtles in the beginning. April as a reporter would want to so she could break the new story or possibly save lives. By going through that experience she realizes that the turtles are cool and fun to be with.
__________________
"Shredder, what have you done!?!" - Tiger Claw (Annihilation: Earth!)
Darth Knuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:29 AM   #34
Half Sh3ll Hero
Foot Soldier
 
Half Sh3ll Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Arizona
Posts: 152
You guys got it all wrong! He's playing Master Splinter!

Lol is Splinter even slated as a character in this new movie?
__________________
I mean, come on. How do you guys expect to beat me?

Half Sh3ll Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:45 AM   #35
Bob
Stone Warrior
 
Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UK, England
Posts: 546
I didn’t even know this guy was a comedic actor. So I suppose that discounts one of the villains. I don’t seem to recall Colonel Schrader cracking any jokes in the leaked script.
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:03 AM   #36
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,793
Perhaps Rocksteady?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:26 PM   #37
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior
 
sgtfbomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Internet
Posts: 830
He could be Bebop or Rocksteady. I forget they were in the script.
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:02 PM   #38
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,793
He better not be Bebop since he's not black.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:13 PM   #39
Ville Leskinen
Foot Soldier
 
Ville Leskinen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 120
Perhaps he's Casey Jones?
__________________
Ville Leskinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:21 PM   #40
Bob
Stone Warrior
 
Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UK, England
Posts: 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
He better not be Bebop since he's not black.
Nor a wart hog.
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
live action films, movie casting


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.