The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Is it time for a gay Ninja Turtle?
Yes it is! 15 19.48%
No, it's not! 62 80.52%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2013, 04:13 PM   #21
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreddhead View Post
Been there, done that with that mirage porno comic.
That was an Archie porno comic... as weird as that seems to type.
Andrew NDB is offline  
Old 08-24-2013, 04:15 PM   #22
FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza
Mad Scientist
 
FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,229
I thought that was a joke throw-away comment.

What did Archie Comics put out?!
FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza is offline  
Old 08-24-2013, 04:45 PM   #23
zbowen
Random Punk
 
zbowen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 36
To a Turtles? No. And I'm only subtly because even though their sexuality is almost never addressed, I don't like making changes to established characters. For example, Colossus in the Ultimaye comics always seemed strange to me.

However, I be all for introducing a new guy character, or to do it with a character whose sexuality was never addressed.
__________________
Check out my TMNT reviews at: http://tmnt101.blogspot.com/
zbowen is offline  
Old 08-24-2013, 04:57 PM   #24
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
I doubt they would directly address this in the Nick show, but I wouldn't have a problem with it if one of the Turtles was revealed to be gay. Heck, I accepted it when Dumbledore came out of the closet, so I don't think it would be a big thing for me. Personally, I do think Mikey is gay in the new cartoon or maybe bi.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline  
Old 08-24-2013, 05:10 PM   #25
Captain PunchYouHard
Hench Mutant
 
Captain PunchYouHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 334
I look forward to that day in the far distant future, probably long after my death, when consensual sexuality stops being an issue. I really don't understand why it has to be as big a deal as it is. You sleep with whomever you're attracted to, assuming there's consent. It doesn't matter if he/she/xie/it is human, turtle, turian, Squirtle, Protoss, EM crystalloid life-form, Tom Cruise, whatever, as long as everyone is into it.

In any case, due to their isolation and lack of prospects, I'd expect the turtles to be opportunists (other than any non-orientation moral reasons for passing up a lay, like not raping who's someone passed out). With Splinter being such a traditionalist, I'd be surprised if they were diametrically opposed to homosexuality - it pops up in the old literature and ukiyo-e frequently.

I don't like to pre-judge people's orientations by their personalities. I've been called everything from a lesbian to a homophobe, so as far as I'm concerned, speculation amounts to 0.

Your poll needs a third option: "Humanity, y u do dis?"
__________________

(GIF by Martinf)

Last edited by Captain PunchYouHard; 08-24-2013 at 05:27 PM.
Captain PunchYouHard is offline  
Old 08-24-2013, 06:27 PM   #26
The Big Bad
Stone Warrior
 
The Big Bad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 653
If one is going to give the turtles sexualities at all...yes, without a doubt.
__________________
Monsters of New York, my TMNT/Gargoyles Blog


Avatar artwork by Madseason.

Previous avatar artwork by Lorna-ka.
The Big Bad is offline  
Old 08-24-2013, 06:31 PM   #27
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza View Post
Didn't they come out?

Coming out of their shells
snake is offline  
Old 08-24-2013, 06:41 PM   #28
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeweed101 View Post

Coming out of their shells
But....but....


I think it's an instants where the Turtles are essentially asexual. Sure they can have emotional relationships with humans...but could it even lead to...well...um...yeah?
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline  
Old 08-24-2013, 06:45 PM   #29
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
But....but....


I think it's an instants where the Turtles are essentially asexual. Sure they can have emotional relationships with humans...but could it even lead to...well...um...yeah?
They certainly weren't 'walking straight' when they sang that!
snake is offline  
Old 08-24-2013, 07:27 PM   #30
Martin
Stone Warrior
 
Martin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 596
Coming out of their shells just took a whole new meaning for me.

I don't think we'll ever see a gay turtle, even if we wanted to. They already kind of get away with interspecies relationships (stress on kind of), but if you add gay to that, I think it might be taking things a bit too far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Source: I'm gay and I can smell my own
Martin is offline  
Old 08-24-2013, 07:29 PM   #31
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,218
Mikey is gay in the Nicktoon, as far as I'm concerned.
ToTheNines is offline  
Old 08-24-2013, 07:34 PM   #32
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite
 
BabyTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Mikey is gay in the Nicktoon, as far as I'm concerned.
why does everyone think this!? lol XDD

remember this--> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VxCUmDaq9k
(skip to 0:19)
Mikey: "especially the ladies..."
he is so straight
__________________

Last edited by BabyTurtles; 08-24-2013 at 07:44 PM.
BabyTurtles is offline  
Old 08-24-2013, 07:39 PM   #33
Type 97 Chi-ha
Mad Scientist
 
Type 97 Chi-ha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brookfield, IL
Posts: 1,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Too bad! Time for Raph to come out of the closet, err, I mean out of his shell!
I have something even better for you.
Type 97 Chi-ha is offline  
Old 08-24-2013, 07:51 PM   #34
Shreddhead
Mad Scientist
 
Shreddhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
That was an Archie porno comic... as weird as that seems to type.
You're totally right, for some reason I thought I remembered the guy saying it was a joke in the mirage studio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza View Post
I thought that was a joke throw-away comment.

What did Archie Comics put out?!
View at your own risk...
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=29174
__________________

Shreddhead is offline  
Old 08-24-2013, 08:09 PM   #35
Stingray69
Stone Warrior
 
Stingray69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 916
Why are people saying nick mike is gay?
__________________
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.


Looking to buy old Kool aid flavors no longer produced.
Stingray69 is offline  
Old 08-24-2013, 08:11 PM   #36
Captain PunchYouHard
Hench Mutant
 
Captain PunchYouHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray69 View Post
Why are people saying nick mike is gay?
Because he's sensitive, affectionate, and softhearted, traits which a lot of people consider un-masculine and therefore "homo."
__________________

(GIF by Martinf)
Captain PunchYouHard is offline  
Old 08-24-2013, 08:26 PM   #37
Stingray69
Stone Warrior
 
Stingray69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain PunchYouHard View Post
Because he's sensitive, affectionate, and softhearted, traits which a lot of people consider un-masculine and therefore "homo."
Well that's about f-ing stupid.
__________________
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.


Looking to buy old Kool aid flavors no longer produced.
Stingray69 is offline  
Old 08-24-2013, 08:28 PM   #38
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray69 View Post
Well that's about f-ing stupid.
And...sexist? Is it sexist?
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline  
Old 08-24-2013, 08:29 PM   #39
Captain PunchYouHard
Hench Mutant
 
Captain PunchYouHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray69 View Post
Well that's about f-ing stupid.
That's outdated gender roles for you.
__________________

(GIF by Martinf)
Captain PunchYouHard is offline  
Old 08-24-2013, 09:53 PM   #40
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
The main problem with introducing or outing a gay character in an established franchise is that almost nobody's ever been able to do it well. Even if the writer does it decently, the PR people play it up for all it's worth, screaming from rooftops "Look we've got a gay character! We're PC now! Love us!" (i.e. Alan Scott) In either case it's just completely inorganic.

Not to mention that the only place currently where it could be officially established is IDW... maybe the film (strong maybe on that one). You can't really do it in children's media yet because the quote-unquote moral guardians would be so far up their tailpipe that it would make an amusingly ironic innuendo.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline  
Closed Thread


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.