The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2014, 01:49 PM   #21
jase
Random Punk
 
jase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Some possibilities, for those so inclined to care:

A) Just as Erich Sachs might be a host to Krang now, once upon a time Oroku Saki might have been a host to Krang as well.
B) Oroku Saki could be a historical figure from Feudal Japan that was inspirational to Erich Sachs. Possibly seen in some manner of flashbacks.
C) Oroku Saki could have been Erich Sachs' direct mentor. Perhaps Erich Sachs killed him and assumed his identity.
D) If there is a Japanese branch of the Foot, he may be its leader. Karai is in the movie, after all.

I'm betting one of the 4 options there. Oroku Saki will be name-dropped at the very least, I'm sure.
Option A is something my wife and I talked about yesterday after we watched the teaser together. I don't know, the vibe it gives off plus the way that writer handled some of the questions in that interview for me at least suggests that Sachs could actually be Krang for this version of the turtles and that Saki/Shredder might be something else entirely for another plot down the road.
jase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 01:51 PM   #22
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesaintofkiller View Post
Years later, we still laugh at how badly Fox handle that movie. And we will do the same with this new Shredder..
One question...who's "we"?
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 01:59 PM   #23
thesaintofkiller
Random Punk
 
thesaintofkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
One question...who's "we"?
Know a single Fantastic Four fan that enjoyed Fox' 2005 Doctor Doom treatment? Really? I though we was pretty obvious.
__________________
One of my short movies, Madame Bolduc: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8o1dWh0kak
thesaintofkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 02:02 PM   #24
MastahShredder
Stone Warrior
 
MastahShredder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 743
Maybe Fictner isn't Shredder. Sachs just developed the suit for him to combat the Turtles.

l

Maybe I am just seeing things but that looks like a reflection coming off a pupil. Also the height difference along with how straight the suit is standing. It looks like a person is in there.

__________________
MastahShredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 02:31 PM   #25
slingtheory
Stone Warrior
 
slingtheory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 580
Re
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesaintofkiller View Post
This whole change from Oroku Saki to a white rich business man villain reminds me a lot of Fox' treatment to Doctor Doom in the 2005 fantastic four movies. People were hoping, even at the last second, that there would be more to it than meet the eyes. There wasn't.

And there won't be in this case either. Don't kid yourself. It's a white Shredder with a really dumb change of name. It's the same thing Michael Bay always does. It's the EXACT same thing as what Fox did to Doctor Doom. It lacked imagination back then and it still does today.

Years later, we still laugh at how badly Fox handle that movie. And we will do the same with this new Shredder. There's nothing more to it.

All those speculations do is remind us how badly they are handling one of our favorite villain.
pretty much what I'm expecting. The only question for me is what gimmick are they going to use. Is he going to be a super soldier, a mutant, or just some guy in power armor.
slingtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 03:04 PM   #26
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by MastahShredder View Post
Maybe Fictner isn't Shredder. Sachs just developed the suit for him to combat the Turtles.

l

Maybe I am just seeing things but that looks like a reflection coming off a pupil. Also the height difference along with how straight the suit is standing. It looks like a person is in there.

http://i.imgur.com/wq6gLE7.jpg
I'm curious as what room is that, that looks like a bright hallway in the background.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 03:43 PM   #27
Kurai
Thug
 
Kurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 72
This has been said in threads before, but it probably wouldn't be of any surprise if 'Hamato Yoshi' didn't exist either, and Splinter was really April's dad.
Kurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 03:47 PM   #28
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
I have a theory - Eric Sachs is descendant to the original Shredder and he inherited the suit of armor which is passed on from generation to generation.
Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 03:48 PM   #29
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,685
Where's oroku saki? What, you didn't see Fitchner in the trails or hear his voice over?
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 03:48 PM   #30
electric_sheep
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
I have a theory - Eric Sachs is descendant to the original Shredder and he inherited the suit of armor which is passed on from generation to generation.
I think that he's just a crazy guy who's obsessed with Japanese culture.
electric_sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 03:59 PM   #31
MastahShredder
Stone Warrior
 
MastahShredder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 743
Looking at the suit..looking at Fichtner. I just don't picture him in the suit. He's so small that unless that thing has some mechanical stuff going on, he's no match for 7 foot Ninja Turtles who can smash Hummers in half and chuck people 30 feet in the air. Unless..he is mutated which I could see happening. At least partially.

I'm going to stick to my theory that Sachs just developed the the suit as a way to combat the Turtles.
__________________
MastahShredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 04:17 PM   #32
graphic_content
Mad Scientist
 
graphic_content's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,423
everytime i see this trailer, I imagine ERIC SACHS as a man obsessed with the mythos of the Shredder. He drowns himself in everything he can find, and ultimately convinces himself he is the reincarnation of the Shredder. That, or he he 'hears' voices in his head, the Shredder of old speaking to him ala the first spiderman film, with william dafoe's goblin. It drives him mad, and has him turn on the city, and the turtles.
graphic_content is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 04:21 PM   #33
TrickOrTreater
Samhain
 
TrickOrTreater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphic_content View Post
everytime i see this trailer, I imagine ERIC SACHS as a man obsessed with the mythos of the Shredder. He drowns himself in everything he can find, and ultimately convinces himself he is the reincarnation of the Shredder. That, or he he 'hears' voices in his head, the Shredder of old speaking to him ala the first spiderman film, with william dafoe's goblin. It drives him mad, and has him turn on the city, and the turtles.
Yeah that sounds like a bummer.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 04:40 PM   #34
sethmartin
Stone Warrior
 
sethmartin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 706
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
Yeah that sounds like a bummer.
Yeah. Not to sound old but the original story origin is so well written and so creative that I don't know what they could possibly do to make it better. They'll try and make it too "realistic" which will clash with the fantasy of mutated turtles who can talk and fight crime. Or they will go overboard with the fantasy elements and it will be overkill.
sethmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 05:08 PM   #35
swing_kinker
Thug
 
swing_kinker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 98
Looking at the feudal paintings everywhere when 'shredder' is in the trailer, I have a feeling he's going to try and resurrect the real shredder and its going down the spiritual route.
swing_kinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 05:16 PM   #36
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by sethmartin View Post
So what's Splinter's name going to be? Hamilton Young?
& so exits a hearty audible laugh from my gut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swing_kinker View Post
Looking at the feudal paintings everywhere when 'shredder' is in the trailer, I have a feeling he's going to try and resurrect the real shredder and its going down the spiritual route.
I would actually find that... kinda interesting!
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 05:17 PM   #37
graphic_content
Mad Scientist
 
graphic_content's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by swing_kinker View Post
Looking at the feudal paintings everywhere when 'shredder' is in the trailer, I have a feeling he's going to try and resurrect the real shredder and its going down the spiritual route.
I could see that too - Fitchner stated in interviews that his character goes through several changes in the movie, so it wouldn't surprise me if the spirit of the original Shredder actually took over him - and honestly, considering how spirit-spilled Japanese mythos is, I wouldnt mind this route.
graphic_content is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 05:39 PM   #38
blindturtle02
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Tx
Posts: 2,627
Lovin the possession theory. Now that, I'd like to see. It'd make for one wild ride.
__________________
Please don't remove my nice hat and wack me in the butt with it.
blindturtle02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 05:48 PM   #39
thesaintofkiller
Random Punk
 
thesaintofkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by blindturtle02 View Post
Lovin the possession theory. Now that, I'd like to see. It'd make for one wild ride.
At the same time it feels like a very complicated way to NOT cast a Japanese actor for the role...
__________________
One of my short movies, Madame Bolduc: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8o1dWh0kak
thesaintofkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 05:51 PM   #40
TMNT is cooler than MOTU
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Southern CA
Posts: 858
Quote:
Originally Posted by electric_sheep View Post
I think that he's just a crazy guy who's obsessed with Japanese culture.
That's pretty much what I'm thinking.
__________________


Thank you for getting rid of Hamato Yoshi, Michael Bay and Co.! He was suuuuuper unnecessary.
TMNT is cooler than MOTU is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
white shredder


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.