The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2014, 06:53 PM   #21
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post

And did I see Raph throw someone right throught the window of a subway train passing by?
That was Leo actually.
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 12:00 AM   #22
CowabungaMikey
Stone Warrior
 
CowabungaMikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 661
Like Black Nerd said in his latest review:

''It's going to be Foot Soldier shooting with guns at the Turtles, at a distance.''
__________________


Cowabunga says it all!
CowabungaMikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 01:22 AM   #23
graphic_content
Mad Scientist
 
graphic_content's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowabungaMikey View Post
Like Black Nerd said in his latest review:

''It's going to be Foot Soldier shooting with guns at the Turtles, at a distance.''
This isn't a new challenge for our Turtles, nor is this the first time the Foot have used guns:

graphic_content is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 02:32 AM   #24
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
I think the fight scenes will do passably well - Bay's strength is crowd-pleasing action sequences, after all. If they can just manage to avoid shaky-cam so that my grumpy old geezer eyes can track what's actually happening, I'll be happy.
__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 09:25 AM   #25
graphic_content
Mad Scientist
 
graphic_content's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennydreadful View Post
I think the fight scenes will do passably well - Bay's strength is crowd-pleasing action sequences, after all. If they can just manage to avoid shaky-cam so that my grumpy old geezer eyes can track what's actually happening, I'll be happy.
i have hopes they will not go this route, simply because, from the fight footage we've seen, (or brief glimpses, a more apt description), while the camera is close, it isnt so close that we cannot appreciate the motion that is happening. If they keep the camera at this medium distance, I think ill be happy with outcome. (i hope)
graphic_content is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 10:19 AM   #26
Radical Raph
Stone Warrior
 
Radical Raph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 702
I'm not sure yet. I think they will be entertaining enough. There is a lot of shaky cam so it's hard to tell. I don't know how integrated the choreography will be, but there will definitely be really cool moments with big moves like when Mikey uses his rocket skateboard to kick that guy on top of the SUV.
__________________
"Less rahk n' row, boys!" -Leuhnardoh

Radical Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 10:24 AM   #27
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
The Boston Ninja Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 2,440
i have a feeling we wont see much fight...the line "he is fighting the robot samurai" makes me feel like we will start to see action and cut away in favor of Fox/Arnett Scenes

kinda like the Megatron/Optimus fight in the first one was ignored in favor of the Soldiers taking down blackout
__________________
I didn't choose the ninja turtle life. The ninja turtle life chose me.


https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 11:19 AM   #28
Radical Raph
Stone Warrior
 
Radical Raph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boston Ninja Turtle View Post
i have a feeling we wont see much fight...the line "he is fighting the robot samurai" makes me feel like we will start to see action and cut away in favor of Fox/Arnett Scenes

kinda like the Megatron/Optimus fight in the first one was ignored in favor of the Soldiers taking down blackout
I feel like that Arnett line will be said before Raph actually fights Shredder. If it was during the fight, I feel like there would be a little more intensity in his delivery. Just my thoughts.
__________________
"Less rahk n' row, boys!" -Leuhnardoh

Radical Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 11:32 AM   #29
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
What I do like. Is that the fight scenes don't look tightly over choreographed, a good example is the Star Wars prequel movies, where the fights looks rehearsed and no authentic feel over them. The trailer showed a few instances where things look natural although bombastic and extreme to the max, it looks natural.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 11:34 AM   #30
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
The Boston Ninja Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 2,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical Raph View Post
I feel like that Arnett line will be said before Raph actually fights Shredder. If it was during the fight, I feel like there would be a little more intensity in his delivery. Just my thoughts.
maybe again i dont mean to be a naysayer im just basing it off what ive seen in bays transformers

even in the 3rd film the sentinal/prime/megatron fight had to huge jumps to human battles/scenes
__________________
I didn't choose the ninja turtle life. The ninja turtle life chose me.


https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 11:59 PM   #31
Artist
Thug
 
Artist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NM Burque
Posts: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boston Ninja Turtle View Post
maybe again i dont mean to be a naysayer im just basing it off what ive seen in bays transformers

even in the 3rd film the sentinal/prime/megatron fight had to huge jumps to human battles/scenes
That is true, But they were soldiers. The Ass scene in the international trailer (Bay has a sick obsession with butts) Fox is trying to capture the snow chase with her phone. I don't see much fighting coming out of them. I hope you are wrong, but Bay does like to cut out the real fight.
Artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 06:46 AM   #32
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
The Boston Ninja Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 2,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artist View Post
That is true, But they were soldiers. The Ass scene in the international trailer (Bay has a sick obsession with butts) Fox is trying to capture the snow chase with her phone. I don't see much fighting coming out of them. I hope you are wrong, but Bay does like to cut out the real fight.
you and me both..i hope i am very wrong
__________________
I didn't choose the ninja turtle life. The ninja turtle life chose me.


https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 06:52 AM   #33
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artist View Post
That is true, But they were soldiers. The Ass scene in the international trailer (Bay has a sick obsession with butts) Fox is trying to capture the snow chase with her phone. I don't see much fighting coming out of them. I hope you are wrong, but Bay does like to cut out the real fight.
The Nickelodeon series had its share of April butt shots.





__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 09:29 AM   #34
graphic_content
Mad Scientist
 
graphic_content's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,423
the thing is the criticisms that people levy on the movie version - over the top action, instead of stealthy stereotypical ninja action, gratuitous shots of April, Turtles taking out Foot with one hit, blah, blah, blah, etc can ALL be found in other iterations - especially the ones beloved by fans.

For crying out loud, do you guys remember the first season of the OT - the Turtles, after eating at Ninja Pizza, followed April into a building nearby posing as a security company - the fight that ensued LITERALLY brought that building down in the middle of NEW YORK CITY. a building.

in the new toon - season 1, finale. Donnie is knocking back foot with one hit, like candy. and when i find a gif, ill post it here.

its just ridiculous to me that people will point out flaws as reasons to dismiss a movie when those same flaws exist in the other iterations that people love but conveniently forget about, and yes:

1) I know that just because they are anthropomorphic turtles, who are shinobi, doesnt give them license to throw out all rules of logic
2) this new film is obviously doing their best to try and bring out about a sense of realism

...but in so far as Donnie deflecting bullets - heres my take: moves like that, where weapons are flourished in a circular fashion are meant for defensive purposes...im betting with his back up against the wall, he busts that out as desperate attempt to defend himself (a hail mary play, if you will) knowing full well he might deflect some, but will eventually be hit by others. im willing to bet if we saw more of that specific scene, a tranquilizer will be shown in show motion slipping right past his bo staff, and hitting him square on the shoulder, and boom, the tazer Foot swoop in and bring him down.
graphic_content is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 09:41 AM   #35
SwiftNinjaFox
Stone Warrior
 
SwiftNinjaFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphic_content View Post
...but in so far as Donnie deflecting bullets - heres my take: moves like that, where weapons are flourished in a circular fashion are meant for defensive purposes...im betting with his back up against the wall, he busts that out as desperate attempt to defend himself (a hail mary play, if you will) knowing full well he might deflect some, but will eventually be hit by others. im willing to bet if we saw more of that specific scene, a tranquilizer will be shown in show motion slipping right past his bo staff, and hitting him square on the shoulder, and boom, the tazer Foot swoop in and bring him down.
I actually have been noting I think they are tranq darts they're firing, so he's deflecting darts, not bullets.
__________________
Ninja Fox Games & Geekery: http://ninjafoxgames..com/
SwiftNinjaFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 08:19 PM   #36
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphic_content View Post
the thing is the criticisms that people levy on the movie version - over the top action, instead of stealthy stereotypical ninja action, gratuitous shots of April, Turtles taking out Foot with one hit, blah, blah, blah, etc can ALL be found in other iterations - especially the ones beloved by fans.

For crying out loud, do you guys remember the first season of the OT - the Turtles, after eating at Ninja Pizza, followed April into a building nearby posing as a security company - the fight that ensued LITERALLY brought that building down in the middle of NEW YORK CITY. a building.

in the new toon - season 1, finale. Donnie is knocking back foot with one hit, like candy. and when i find a gif, ill post it here.

its just ridiculous to me that people will point out flaws as reasons to dismiss a movie when those same flaws exist in the other iterations that people love but conveniently forget about, and yes:

1) I know that just because they are anthropomorphic turtles, who are shinobi, doesnt give them license to throw out all rules of logic
2) this new film is obviously doing their best to try and bring out about a sense of realism

...but in so far as Donnie deflecting bullets - heres my take: moves like that, where weapons are flourished in a circular fashion are meant for defensive purposes...im betting with his back up against the wall, he busts that out as desperate attempt to defend himself (a hail mary play, if you will) knowing full well he might deflect some, but will eventually be hit by others. im willing to bet if we saw more of that specific scene, a tranquilizer will be shown in show motion slipping right past his bo staff, and hitting him square on the shoulder, and boom, the tazer Foot swoop in and bring him down.
All good points graphic! I think for my part, I kind of have different expectations towards live action movies than cartoons; I kind of turn a blind eye to over-the-top action in cartoons specifically because it's a cartoon, so I don't expect as much realism from it. I don't know whether it's like that for anyone else though.

Also your take on Donnie deflecting the tranq darts is a good one - I'd like to see something like that in the movie.
__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 08:30 PM   #37
Midnight Mutant
Foot Soldier
 
Midnight Mutant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 249
Depends on how much influence Bay has on the action scenes.
He has this habit of zooming in and moving the camera around so you see close up of **** clashing together but you have no idea what is even going on.

Then it pans out when someone is knocked into something causing massive destruction or booms.

As long as it doesn't do that and I can see them fighting and it looks fluid. I think it should be fine. I'm betting they are banking on good fight scenes. That's what most people are going for.
__________________
Midnight Mutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 08:34 PM   #38
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphic_content View Post
...but in so far as Donnie deflecting bullets - heres my take: moves like that, where weapons are flourished in a circular fashion are meant for defensive purposes...im betting with his back up against the wall, he busts that out as desperate attempt to defend himself (a hail mary play, if you will) knowing full well he might deflect some, but will eventually be hit by others. im willing to bet if we saw more of that specific scene, a tranquilizer will be shown in show motion slipping right past his bo staff, and hitting him square on the shoulder, and boom, the tazer Foot swoop in and bring him down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftNinjaFox View Post
I actually have been noting I think they are tranq darts they're firing, so he's deflecting darts, not bullets.
That just makes me sad. Shot at with tranquilizers like frigging animals. Turtle or no, if you're a talking biped you count as people. Stupid Foot, I hope they're all annihilated by the end of the movie.

I'd say I'm surprised it would be Leo throwing a person through a moving subway train car, but if they're shooting at him, it's the Foot, and he despises guns anyhow... ah, do it.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 08:47 PM   #39
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Mutant View Post
Depends on how much influence Bay has on the action scenes.
He has this habit of zooming in and moving the camera around so you see close up of **** clashing together but you have no idea what is even going on.

Then it pans out when someone is knocked into something causing massive destruction or booms.

As long as it doesn't do that and I can see them fighting and it looks fluid. I think it should be fine. I'm betting they are banking on good fight scenes. That's what most people are going for.
One major aspect of that for transformers is their shear size they are two story tall robots fitting that in a camera short has got o be hard I think that aspect will be very down played in this movie as as score isn't as large so short can be filmed further further out and wider
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 08:52 PM   #40
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
That just makes me sad. Shot at with tranquilizers like frigging animals. Turtle or no, if you're a talking biped you count as people. Stupid Foot, I hope they're all annihilated by the end of the movie.

I'd say I'm surprised it would be Leo throwing a person through a moving subway train car, but if they're shooting at him, it's the Foot, and he despises guns anyhow... ah, do it.
Agreed, after watching the Foot picking on our beloved Turtles, we'll be baying for their blood!
__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.