The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2014, 05:47 PM   #1
mikey22
Stone Warrior
 
mikey22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: IL
Posts: 682
how do you think the fights will do

in transformers we had excessive long battles


are you guys excited for the fight scenes in this movie

i wonder if itll be 2hr 30 mins like all the transformers movies

be fun to see a long fight with shredder.. most of the movies had brief fight scenes so this one should be good fun

anythoughs.
mikey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 05:49 PM   #2
UGHShellshocked
Hench Mutant
 
UGHShellshocked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey22 View Post
in transformers we had excessive long battles


are you guys excited for the fight scenes in this movie

i wonder if itll be 2hr 30 mins like all the transformers movies

be fun to see a long fight with shredder.. most of the movies had brief fight scenes so this one should be good fun

anythoughs.
IIRC someone posted that its going to be 90 minute long film

I hope its good, long and brutal
UGHShellshocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 05:56 PM   #3
trikuza
Foot Soldier
 
trikuza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 175
When Splinter explains their origins, there better be a flashback to oroku saki and hamato yoshi fighting hand to hand.
trikuza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 05:58 PM   #4
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,160
Quote:
Originally Posted by trikuza View Post
When Splinter explains their origins, there better be a flashback to oroku saki and hamato yoshi fighting hand to hand.
And the Turtles as Pre-Teens. Since they have toys that confirm that.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 05:59 PM   #5
trikuza
Foot Soldier
 
trikuza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
And the Turtles as Pre-Teens. Since they have toys that confirm that.
it's gonna be sick watching both lol
trikuza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 06:05 PM   #6
DioLeo451
Hench Mutant
 
DioLeo451's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by UGHShellshocked View Post
IIRC someone posted that its going to be 90 minute long film

I hope its good, long and brutal
Isn't 90 mins kinda short?
DioLeo451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 06:07 PM   #7
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Yeah, I'm worried about pacing, myself. 90 minutes isn't very long for all the stuff this movie has in it. I wouldn't want it to be three hours or even two and a half, but two solid hours would be just fine.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 06:09 PM   #8
trikuza
Foot Soldier
 
trikuza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Yeah, I'm worried about pacing, myself. 90 minutes isn't very long for all the stuff this movie has in it. I wouldn't want it to be three hours or even two and a half, but two solid hours would be just fine.
Agreed. I think they'll be able to lengthen it in the second film because they will have the cgi designs of the turtles and splinter already done.
trikuza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 06:15 PM   #9
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Honestly, I'm very concerned that the story is going to be seriously undercut to get to all the toy commer-... errr, action scenes.

I mean, I know it's an action movie, but I like me some nice juicy plot, too, and I like when it doesn't all just whiz by through clumsy, fast-talking exposition (just like Transformers... not to beat a dead horse, but seriously). I mean, we'll see, but I'm a little surprised/perturbed if it really is only 90 minutes. That doesn't seem right.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 06:19 PM   #10
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
I thought Samx said this movie was going to over 2 hours? Now it's back to that 90 minute mark. As much as I love the 1990 movie, I still feel like it could have had an extra 15 or 20 minutes fleshing out the Turtles a little bit more. Especially Mikey. I know there was that whole thing at the farm where he went into deep training, and we only saw a glimpse of it.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 06:21 PM   #11
NinjaPug
Foot Elite
 
NinjaPug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,390
Only 90 minutes? That's too short. Yet Bay's other production, Transformers 4, is 165 minutes long.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 06:22 PM   #12
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Yeah, as a kid I read the movie adaptation novel a bunch of times and was all, "Hey, wait, that wasn't in the movie..." I'm pretty sure that was the first book based on a movie I'd ever read, and I didn't exactly have the movie handy for reference, so I was all, "Am I losing it, or is this book describing stuff I didn't actually see?"

Just for the sake of balance, 2 hours would seem preferable for the new film. Maybe people are getting bad intel as far as it being 90 minutes?
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 06:26 PM   #13
UGHShellshocked
Hench Mutant
 
UGHShellshocked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 442
I heard 90 minutes it might be longer.

But you don't have to take my word for it.

UGHShellshocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 06:41 PM   #14
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Yeah, as a kid I read the movie adaptation novel a bunch of times and was all, "Hey, wait, that wasn't in the movie..." I'm pretty sure that was the first book based on a movie I'd ever read, and I didn't exactly have the movie handy for reference, so I was all, "Am I losing it, or is this book describing stuff I didn't actually see?"

Just for the sake of balance, 2 hours would seem preferable for the new film. Maybe people are getting bad intel as far as it being 90 minutes?
Yeah, and the book even went into detail with Leo training the guys with their masks over the faces. As with Mikey, we saw glimpses of it, but not the entire thing.

I'm hoping this thing is at least 120 minutes. We have Leo, Mikey, Raph, Donnie, April, Eric Sachs, Woopie Goldberg and Vernon in this. Lots of characters to try and stuff in a 90 minute movie.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 06:44 PM   #15
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Not to mention, it's gonna take at least 6 and a half minutes to explain/justify Donnie's Ghostbusters cosplay.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 06:47 PM   #16
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
I think the fights are gonna be all flash no bash. But I don't care much. Despite the main idea behind the TMNT being action & combat, it's one of the least interesting aspects of the property, to me. I mean, a good fight scene in a comic is awesome, but otherwise I prefer the intimate moments.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 06:48 PM   #17
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
I just realized, I am remembering sh!t from a book that I probably read once or twice, like 20 years ago. Damn. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Can we expect a novelization of this version? I have read the novels of Movies 1, 3 and 4, but never got my hands on 2.

And oh, back on topic. Well, judging from the trailer, the Raph vs Shredder fight looks to be sick. And did I see Raph throw someone right throught the window of a subway train passing by?
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 06:50 PM   #18
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
I remember reading it because my copy was autographed by Mikey and Raphael when I met them at some store opening. Their costumes, for some reason, were fuzzy. Didn't care.

I still have that book someplace.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 06:50 PM   #19
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Not to mention, it's gonna take at least 6 and a half minutes to explain/justify Donnie's Ghostbusters cosplay.
Depends. He might talk super duper fast, like Shia LaBoulf in Transformers, or the dude from Micro car commercials. I know a lot of nerds like Donnie who tend to speak really fast.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I remember reading it because my copy was autographed by Mikey and Raphael when I met them at some store opening. Their costumes, for some reason, were fuzzy. Didn't care.
I still have that book someplace.
Well, I remember in the book, Raph went to go see E.T., while in the movie he went to go see Critters. I think I like the movie version best.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 06:52 PM   #20
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
I predict pretty much all the exposition in this movie will be delivered in Shia-Speak. Gotta zip past it to get to the Crash-Bang-Kaboom, after all.

Man, did I hate him in those Transformers movies. Did that guy do ALL the coke, or what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
Well, I remember in the book, Raph went to go see E.T., while in the movie he went to go see Critters. I think I like the movie version best.
Yeah, I remember that, too, and thinking to myself, "What kind of jerk doesn't like E.T.?" Heh.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.