The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Who would win in a fight?
Bepop 6 20.00%
Rocksteady 24 80.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2014, 11:57 PM   #21
Garreth
Foot Soldier
 
Garreth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
I vote Rocksteady just because I have no idea who Bepop is.
Awww shiet. Just noticed that
Garreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 12:26 PM   #22
Gorilla Grodd
Thug
 
Gorilla Grodd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Gorilla City
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
In the games, Rocksteady is always the first/early boss fight so he's pretty weak.

Bebop is always featured much later in the games.
I was with you until I replayed the first NES TMNT game yesterday for the first time in years. Bebop is the first boss and pretty easy, Rocksteady is the second and kind of a huge pain in the ass. So that boss battle alone sways the videogame toughness over towards Rocksteady IMO.
__________________
Gorilla Grodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 01:06 PM   #23
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Grodd View Post
I was with you until I replayed the first NES TMNT game yesterday for the first time in years. Bebop is the first boss and pretty easy, Rocksteady is the second and kind of a huge pain in the ass. So that boss battle alone sways the videogame toughness over towards Rocksteady IMO.
But... in all subsequent games, Rocksteady's boss placement preceded Bebop's, thus suggesting Bebop improved his skills after that first outing... packing a gun helped a lot I think.

Ironically, I always had a bit harder time with Bebop than Rocksteady in the first game, since you had to fight Bebop in a low ceiling area but on Rocksteady, you could jump to the top of the boxes and attack him with Donatello's staff.
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 01:26 PM   #24
shuriken
Second City Shinobi
 
shuriken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chi-town
Posts: 4,182
OT or IDW
Ot I give the edge to Bebop.
In IDW Rocksteady cuz he's just a big powerful brute.
__________________
Some things are better left unsaid. This isn't one of them
shuriken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 02:19 PM   #25
Gorilla Grodd
Thug
 
Gorilla Grodd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Gorilla City
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
But... in all subsequent games, Rocksteady's boss placement preceded Bebop's, thus suggesting Bebop improved his skills after that first outing... packing a gun helped a lot I think.

Ironically, I always had a bit harder time with Bebop than Rocksteady in the first game, since you had to fight Bebop in a low ceiling area but on Rocksteady, you could jump to the top of the boxes and attack him with Donatello's staff.
I went in pretty blind without remembering any sort of tricks. Bebop just went down without much trouble at all, Rocksteady took a fair amount of evasion and had some annoying movement. In the later games they're both pretty pants on head easy so it's a bit of a wash. As it stands, to me NES Rocksteady is the only one that has ever posed much of a challenge.
__________________
Gorilla Grodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.