The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2015, 06:56 AM   #21
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
An unfinished portion of the dragon that you get to experience before the regular dragon is released.
I am not sure if you are serious or joking. Demo would imply demon like Demogoblin, the briefly split demon form of Jason ' Jack ' O Lantern' Macandale. Not demi as in a miniature version such the preevolved form of Devimon, Demidevimon, which is a miniature version.

Warrior Dragon was my guess. I like the idea of the Ninja Tribunal, but I am not sure how it would be worked in.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 08:31 AM   #22
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Not any that I'm aware of. I've been a D&D player/DM for nearly two decades and three game editions beginning with 2nd (I skipped over 4th), and I've never come across anything called a demodragon. There are pseudo-dragons, half-dragons, draconians, planar dragons, dragonets, dracoliches, dracolisks (dragon/baskilisk), fairy dragons, dragon horses, dragonnels, linnorm dragons, dragon-kin, Lung (Oriental) dragons, and dragon-gods, even a dragon-turtle, but no demo-dragons that I've ever come across, nor anything relating to such. A demonic dragons, perhaps, but I'm not certain that the title is referring to anything of the kind.
First appeared in the D&D cartoon, and was also published as a CR21 monster in Dungeon #147 back in 2007
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 10:04 AM   #23
Allio
Foot Elite
 
Allio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
Interesting episode title. Also someone should crash NAS studio A.
I'm driving through their windows right now
__________________
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 11:09 AM   #24
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
An unfinished portion of the dragon that you get to experience before the regular dragon is released.
Of course, if you would like to fight the whole dragon that will be $1599.99 or you can pay with your life.


Edit: Looks like he may have deleted it from twitter, so thanks Rob for the momentary leak and Autbot Benz for catching it so quick.

More edits: Dunno if anyone else already grabbed it, but went and found the cached version to grab a screen shot of the post itself with the date.
Spoiler:

Last edited by IndigoErth; 10-17-2015 at 11:38 AM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 12:25 PM   #25
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
Have the clocks gone back in the US yet because they do in the UK next week on the same day season 4 starts so I think it will start at 3pm for us.
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 12:40 PM   #26
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Think our clocks change Nov 1st.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 12:56 PM   #27
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Wow, they do start those cast recordings early! How long ago did Nick greenlight Season 5?
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 01:06 PM   #28
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I am not sure if you are serious or joking. Demo would imply demon like Demogoblin, the briefly split demon form of Jason ' Jack ' O Lantern' Macandale. Not demi as in a miniature version such the preevolved form of Devimon, Demidevimon, which is a miniature version.

Warrior Dragon was my guess. I like the idea of the Ninja Tribunal, but I am not sure how it would be worked in.
I'm kind of bothered that anyone would think there was even a chance for that to have been a serious answer, especially since I did post a real answer later.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 01:21 PM   #29
cookie jar
Hench Mutant
 
cookie jar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Wow, they do start those cast recordings early! How long ago did Nick greenlight Season 5?
3 months ago Nick announced that TMNT has been renewed for a 5th season.
cookie jar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 01:22 PM   #30
biganimefan
Foot Soldier
 
biganimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Indiana
Posts: 233
Not sure if I'm grasping at straws here(probably) but something to consider. We do know that at least some of the creators of the show are fans of Anime and Japanese culture. In my experience"Demo" is a rough equivalent to the English conjunction "but". It wouldn't be much of a stretch for these people to have this creature be a "Butt Dragon"
biganimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 02:31 PM   #31
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,646
I'm glad they're recording early. It means that once the voicework is done, they can start the animation, and there won't be as many breaks in between episodes because the episodes will be completed.
Foombamaroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 02:32 PM   #32
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!
 
MsMarvelDuckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 8,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post

It's a one-off, though. It was never mentioned in any of the game material or other media outside of that single episode, unlike other monsters like the beholder, bullywugs, fairy dragons, or Tiamat. It was so much a "one-off" that I'd even forgotten it existed, even though I OWN the entire series!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
First appeared in the D&D cartoon, and was also published as a CR21 monster in Dungeon #147 back in 2007

I was unaware that they had ever actually(finally?) statted that monster up. Even dug through my PDF's of the old magazines just to check. I have (almost) the entire run of Dragon including the final print issue, and most of Dungeon up to 2006. Up until that, though, it had never had any mentions outside of the cartoon itself. Wonder why it took them so long? Somebody must have bugged WoTC about it or something.

The closest thing I'd ever seen were the catoblepas or maybe a fiendish hydra of some kind. Or some weird fiendish offspring of Tiamat herself- though that would more rightly make it a devi-dragon. Since she is from the Nine Hells, rather than the Abyss. Unless she mated with a demon of some sort. (A glabrezu maybe? Nalfeshnee? Balor? Gah, none of the possibilities are pleasant to consider....) From the Google search, it looks like that might have been the last print issue of Dungeon? I know they started doing a lot of the Demonomicon stuff in the last dozen issues or so. Was it part of that series?

CR 21, huh. *whistles* not bad, but I've dealt with worse. Created worse, too, actually. Helstrom the Red Death would eat that thing for lunch. Then again, he WAS one of Tiamat's direct offspring.... (He's an advanced red Elder Great Wyrm, attempting to attain godhood, BTW. Sort of the "ultimate big bad nasty OMG!" of my home realm.)
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs"

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 02:36 PM   #33
JTH
"ME"
 
JTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foombamaroom View Post
I'm glad they're recording early. It means that once the voicework is done, they can start the animation, and there won't be as many breaks in between episodes because the episodes will be completed.
They've always started this early.

They were doing recording for the start of Season 3 during '13 SDCC, that was with still 4 episodes left to air in Season 1. So this isn't anything new.
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 02:48 PM   #34
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
Before we found out there was going to be a season 5 Brandon said on Instagram that he was thinking of new stories.
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 04:06 PM   #35
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,813
It always amazes me how far in advance they're working on episodes before they even air on TV. I mean this Season 5 episode won't air till what...late 2016 at the earliest? My god.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 04:47 PM   #36
senpai
Stone Warrior
 
senpai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: new york sewers yo!
Posts: 673
Animation still takes a great deal of time. And not just that, I'm sure there's plenty of things to work out within the studio, the writers and producers, and all that other stuff that goes into creating a cartoon that I'm not very familiar with. Plus, TMNT isn't the only project involved with Nick... Everything has a schedule and deadline.
senpai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 05:38 PM   #37
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
Looks like Rob Paulsen deleted the tweet, maybe he wasn't supposed to show that?
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 06:06 PM   #38
Ursalink
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 136
Iprefer going step by step. First, season 4, thenn season 5.

I don't think the Ninja Tribunal will be introduced at this point, however the "DemoDragon" thing makes me think about the Demon Shredder from the 2003's series. I mean, he had the power of a demon and he could turn into a dark evil dragon. Maybe in his obssession to destroy the Turtles and Splinter (who I hope he will be restored), the Shredder will make somekind of "pack with the devil" about getting the power to destroy them by his soul or something. Don't you think?
Ursalink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 06:11 PM   #39
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Looks like Rob Paulsen deleted the tweet, maybe he wasn't supposed to show that?
Wondered too. (But a screen cap of it is in one of my prior posts.)
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 11:32 AM   #40
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,813
He most likely got in trouble because the episode title was on the script. He should have blurred that out at least.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.