The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Which era of animated Michelangelo is your favourite?
1987 Mikey - laidback surfer cowabunga dude 28 51.85%
2003 Mikey - comic geek dude 14 25.93%
2012 Mikey - hyperactive childlike dude 12 22.22%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2016, 08:35 PM   #21
LuckyLadybug
Thug
 
LuckyLadybug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Earth
Posts: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
Does your library offer interlibrary loans? That's one way I get material that not physically located in the public branch. Also, many libraries have way that a patron can request materials be purchased for the collection.
They offer inter-library loans, but some of the other libraries in the area won't loan out audio-visual materials that way. And my library charges shipping costs for inter-library loans. Ugh. I've never had a library do that before. That's a thought about requesting my library purchase some, though.

Oh, and yes, I must comment in agreement to 2003 Mikey following Battle Nexus. UGGGH. He really was insufferable after that.
__________________
https://sites.google.com/site/exittheflytmnt1987/ My TMNT 1987 verse.
LuckyLadybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 08:45 PM   #22
WebLurker
Hench Mutant
 
WebLurker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLadybug View Post
They offer inter-library loans, but some of the other libraries in the area won't loan out audio-visual materials that way.
I think the libraries need to be part of the same library "network" to make an interlibrary loan, although mine does have a process to check out materials from outside the system. I've never heard of a library refusing an interlibrary loan (unless one of their patrons requested the item or something). Apparently there are different models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLadybug View Post
And my library charges shipping costs for inter-library loans. Ugh. I've never had a library do that before.
I've never heard of a library doing that either. That definitely sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLadybug View Post
That's a thought about requesting my library purchase some, though.
If you decide to try that, hope it works.
__________________
"Einstein did his best stuff when he was working as a patent clerk!" - Dr. Peter Venkman, Ghostbusters
WebLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 12:10 PM   #23
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
I can tell you which is my LEAST favorite...but I hate repeating myself.

__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 12:30 PM   #24
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
It's a hard one... 2k3 Mikey have been completely ruined for me after the Ninja Tribunal and I loathe him with a fiery passion, at best. FW Mikey is pretty stock, and not much to him besides his Party-Dude shtick.

I think I like Nick Mikey the most of the three animated series, but he makes it really hard to like him at times. But when he shines, he shines.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 02:32 PM   #25
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Primer View Post
I agree with Powder. Anyone who's not a TMNT fan just thinks all the Turtles are like 87 Mikey. I saw this Target ad where the 4 Turtles (in toy form) are sitting a table eating pizza. All of them have surfer accents and are yelling Cowabunga. I love 87 Mikey, but that incarnation stereotyped the TMNT in the public's eye since the show came out.
Words right out of my mouth, the holiday commercials Target has had the last couple years with the toys come to life were cute, but the Leo figure last year sounded more like a Mikey.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 04:18 PM   #26
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,798
Which separates the casuals from the real fans. Everyone knows the other 3 Turtles didn't talk like Michaelangelo in the original toon. They all loved pizza, but that was about it.

Saying the Fred Wolf Turtles were, "All Michaelangelo's" is the dumbest stereotype I see posted on the internet.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 10:33 PM   #27
WebLurker
Hench Mutant
 
WebLurker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Words right out of my mouth, the holiday commercials Target has had the last couple years with the toys come to life were cute, but the Leo figure last year sounded more like a Mikey.
So I'm not the only one who noticed that.
__________________
"Einstein did his best stuff when he was working as a patent clerk!" - Dr. Peter Venkman, Ghostbusters
WebLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 09:56 AM   #28
Tetsu Deinonychus
The Iron Dinosaur
 
Tetsu Deinonychus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Studio Snowlion HQ
Posts: 3,021
I kinda wish Imagi Mikey was an option here, because he was a good balance between goofy and laid-back, and was essentially a CG version of classic movie Mikey.

Really, my favourite Michelangelo over all is Archie Mike. Mirage Mike is just a bit bland being mostly just "the nice one" and occasionally "the artistic one". Archie Mike combines that with just a touch of "party dude" but not enough to be obnoxious. Basically he's the best of both worlds, he's compassionate and creative like Mirage Mike, but fun-loving and humorous like cartoon mike.

Anyway, I voted for the Nickelodeon version. He may be a tad obnoxious, but he's very funny and entertaining, and I really like Greg Cipes in the role.
Tetsu Deinonychus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 12:05 PM   #29
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Mirage Michelangelo is still plenty fun-loving & humorous. I'm thinking you've not read a lot of it.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 01:19 PM   #30
slingtheory
Stone Warrior
 
slingtheory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 580
Gotta go with 2003. Yeah he can be insufferably annoying at times but hey he's just that kind of little brother. Plus beyond the bad jokes and teasing when he's not trying to make his brothers laugh or get under their shells you can tell there's more to the guy.he's not stupid just a slacker trying to have a little fun. 2012 is a close second. I love cipes in the role I just find his mikey too scatter brained and reckless a lot of the time. Like the time he almost turned himself into a giant pimple because he thought he could double mutate himself into a super mutant. That's epic levels of stupid right there.
slingtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 10:34 PM   #31
myconius
Abby Normal
 
myconius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Posts: 2,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetsu Deinonychus View Post
Mirage Mike is just a bit bland being mostly just "the nice one" and occasionally "the artistic one".
can't say i'm seeing where this is coming from?

"Pride goeth before a fall, buddy."
__________________
myconius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 10:08 AM   #32
Casey
Stone Warrior
 
Casey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Posts: 583
"The Gang's All Here"
__________________
GOONGALA!
Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 06:28 PM   #33
swing_kinker
Thug
 
swing_kinker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 98
Odd for a fella in his 30s but it's 2012 for me. 87 was never my favourite despite being everyone around me's favourite. 03 was fine but 2012connects more in terms of cute and loveable. Works in the context of the show......my wife loves him too and that's what helped her like the turtles
swing_kinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 06:53 PM   #34
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!
 
MsMarvelDuckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 8,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey View Post
"The Gang's All Here"
Oddly enough I agree. Aside from a very few other episodes this one is my favorite due to how well it shows Michelangelo's various sides.
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs"

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 10:27 PM   #35
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey View Post
"The Gang's All Here"
Which Mikey is that?
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 08:43 AM   #36
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Which Mikey is that?
Michelangelo as a human from the season 3 episode of the 1987 cartoon, "The Gang's All Here".
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 09:10 AM   #37
pferreira
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey View Post
"The Gang's All Here"
I like that episode although I think it was wrong to take away Mikey's martial arts training when he turned into a human. It ends up coming across like the Turtles only got their ninjutsu skills due to mutating.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 12:44 PM   #38
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
It makes sense, though. He would be seriously thrown off being in an entirely different weight class without his shell & the bulk of his muscle mass.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 08:43 PM   #39
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!
 
MsMarvelDuckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 8,773
Thumbs down

Not to mention that turtles dont have the same abdominal muscle structure as humans. He probably didn't know how to fully control his "new" body. At least that's how I've always seen it.
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs"

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 09:15 PM   #40
FredWolfLeonardo
This ***** used to be Fun
 
FredWolfLeonardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Aotearoa New Zealand
Posts: 5,369
I always found it really funny when Mikeys transformation magically gave him shoes and at the end of the episode, donatellos antitode erased all of his clothing out of existence.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.