The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2004, 02:02 AM   #21
Ninja Tiptup
Mad Scientist
 
Ninja Tiptup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Washington
Posts: 1,451
The Turtles arrived first in 84? I though it was 85 or 86 then the cartoon in 87. Well if they did indeed then maybe that is explains why I love TMNT so much. I was born the same year.
__________________
It's weird to be normal, and it's normal to be weird.
Ninja Tiptup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 07:09 AM   #22
Spectre
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: U.S.A
Posts: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Tiptup
The Turtles arrived first in 84? I though it was 85 or 86 then the cartoon in 87. Well if they did indeed then maybe that is explains why I love TMNT so much. I was born the same year.
Well, I discovered them when I was like 4 or so. I found out the cartoon was made in 87. I had no idea the comic was made earlier than that till later on.

I guess this calls for immediate action.
__________________




I'm a kid working at Kroger, so what!
Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 08:33 AM   #23
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Yeah, but since they were made officially in 1984, wouldn't it make it their anniversary this year?
Yep. That's the point. I know they were invented in '83, but their release to the public was '84... one whole year before my involvement with this world.


YEARLONG PARTY!!!!!!
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 07:00 PM   #24
Drtooth
Foot Elite
 
Drtooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenageMutantNinja Hobbit
Sorry to burst your bubble but the TMNT were created in 1983, I believe in July. So the 20th anniversary already passed, and there were topics about it too. i'll find one in a minute.

EDIT: Actually the first comic was published in May of 1984, but E&L thought up the TMNT on November 19, 1983

http://www.thetechnodrome.com/forums...th+anniversary
Well, they celibrated Walt Disney's 100th birthday for several years...
__________________
[Insert mildly amusing banner here]
Drtooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 09:30 PM   #25
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
(cabbage patches)
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 09:34 PM   #26
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drtooth
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenageMutantNinja Hobbit
Sorry to burst your bubble but the TMNT were created in 1983, I believe in July. So the 20th anniversary already passed, and there were topics about it too. i'll find one in a minute.

EDIT: Actually the first comic was published in May of 1984, but E&L thought up the TMNT on November 19, 1983

http://www.thetechnodrome.com/forums...th+anniversary
Well, they celibrated Walt Disney's 100th birthday for several years...
hey dr. tooth your icon rules i just watched that episode the other night..it's nice to see another muppet fan on this site.....I'm The Glass Mind over at the palisades board. I really hope we get an angus figure at some point.
-Vaughn Michael
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 10:07 AM   #27
Drtooth
Foot Elite
 
Drtooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,439
Yeah... I am a total Muppet Machine...I used to have that video, but after the 3rd viewing it broke... I'm saving up to get a replacement DVD...

Anyway... I guess you can say, even though the TMNT were created in 83, they weren't recognized by Comic fans until 1984, and to the rest of the people round 87-88....
__________________
[Insert mildly amusing banner here]
Drtooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 10:32 AM   #28
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Yeah, I used to be a Muppet fan before I started getting old and forgetting stuff... man... did anyone actually watch Muppets Tonight? Why wasn't it on very long? I thought it was a worthy successor to the Muppets Show.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.