The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2002, 09:43 PM   #21
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan
Stone Warrior
 
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 835
If they can get shows like the Simpsons and Friends and X-Files (my personal favorite) on DVD, by golly, they can spare a little space to make room for the Ninja Turtles cartoon series.

Anything short of 193 episodes just won't cut it for me. I am a die-hard fan, and when I hear that the series is coming out on DVD, I expect the ENTIRE SERIES to be on DVD. I don't care if they come out seasonal sets or just everything in one fell swoop.

I WANT IT ALL!!!

"Now, Krang, you can't have everything you see on TV!" - Shredder, from "Invasion of the Big MACC"
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2002, 09:47 PM   #22
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan
Stone Warrior
 
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 835
Whoops! My bad. The last episode I quoted should have been "Attack of Big MACC."

This is what happens when I get worked up! I start screwing up my episodes!!

"How humiliating!" - Raphael, from "Once Upon a Time Machine"
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2002, 10:26 PM   #23
Skeletoncrew
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Bearing in on your spicy brains
Posts: 3,275
Personally I couldn't afford all 193 episodes in one fell swoop, but I'd love for them all to come out on DVD eventually!
__________________

Adult TMNT fan art and fiction contest Now accepting entries!
Skeletoncrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2002, 11:40 PM   #24
azure turtle
Mango Lovin' Mutant
 
azure turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 9,453
Yeah, I'm surprised that the old toon didn't make it to DVD yet. I've seen a lot of obscure things on DVD (like silent movies...why would I pay that much money for a silent movie?!). TMNT definitely deserve it.
__________________
"God, I love being a turtle!"

Want to meet the only blue ninja turtle in existence? Come visit me at my Lair!
azure turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2002, 02:21 AM   #25
Raphael
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: England
Posts: 143
I only have my VHS tapes, and my "Three-Hour Turtles Extravaganza!" . A DVD would be really awesome, especially if they didn't do it half assed and gave us some cool extras. Perhaps, like the sketches that were used to plan the look for the cartoon, and interviews from Peter Laird, etc...
Raphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2002, 09:32 AM   #26
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
Well, Peter Lair liked onlu first season... He has stated that the show got boring after that...
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2002, 12:22 PM   #27
Deathknight
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: One of the 972 rooms of the technodrome
Posts: 1,995
I liked season 2 best, season 1 would be 1 measly dvd and you can already get all of season 1 on vhs so what would be the point of that.
__________________
Shredder: "Ninja hall of fame? Ha! Where's MY statue?!"
-My Brother, the Bad Guy
Deathknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2002, 12:30 PM   #28
prowler4
Hench Mutant
 
prowler4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 297
Maybe what they should do is release season 1 and 2 together then release the rest one season at a time.
__________________
GO GREEN MACHINE!
prowler4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2002, 12:40 PM   #29
Deathknight
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: One of the 972 rooms of the technodrome
Posts: 1,995
that might doom the set from coming out... cause releasing more volumes is determined by sales... and I don't think it would sell all that great, the first tmnt dvd is 9.99 now, that really tells you something. They sould release seasons 1-7... I could live without the last 3 seasons.
__________________
Shredder: "Ninja hall of fame? Ha! Where's MY statue?!"
-My Brother, the Bad Guy
Deathknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2002, 01:05 PM   #30
Nickokapo
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Argentina
Posts: 5,800
I would probably only buy season 1, i can't afford to buy something i already have...and it's a 193 episodes series, so there'd be a lot of dvds Because i think you can only put 4 or 5 episodes in a dvd...i mean you can put more than that, but quality would decrease
__________________
Nickokapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2002, 03:04 PM   #31
prowler4
Hench Mutant
 
prowler4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 297
With DVDs you can fit 4, 1 hour episodes, so you should be able to fit 8 turtle episodes on a disc. I say if you look at how big the seasons are, and the number of seasons, you can divide up the series into maybe 2 DVD sets. Set 1 seasons 1 -5 and set 2 seasons 5-10. I think this is the most logical thing to do.
__________________
GO GREEN MACHINE!
prowler4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2002, 05:03 PM   #32
Deathknight
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: One of the 972 rooms of the technodrome
Posts: 1,995
they should do the whole set with special features, the 95 gi joe eps totalled to 13 dvds and 4 of them just had 5 because they were mini series, so it would be about 27-28 dvds. If there was a pre-release on ebay, I'd buy it instantly
__________________
Shredder: "Ninja hall of fame? Ha! Where's MY statue?!"
-My Brother, the Bad Guy
Deathknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2002, 03:03 PM   #33
prowler4
Hench Mutant
 
prowler4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 297
That brings up an interesting topic though, even though I still think they should release 2 sets like said in the previous post. What type of special features would be on the last disk, scince the last is usually where they put extras?
__________________
GO GREEN MACHINE!
prowler4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2002, 03:18 PM   #34
Kingkapong
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: T.O. Canada
Posts: 548
the simpsons are doing that. slowly releasing a season a year.
__________________
Go leafs go!
Kingkapong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2002, 03:33 PM   #35
prowler4
Hench Mutant
 
prowler4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 297
The 2 DVD sets sounds most logical to me. I'm sorry!
__________________
GO GREEN MACHINE!
prowler4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2002, 03:39 PM   #36
Nickokapo
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Argentina
Posts: 5,800
It seems like everyone likes thoses extras...i'm not very interested in that, i buy a dvd because i wanna see a movie/series
But if they'd release em in dvd and put extras...i think they'd put the intros/outros, turtle tips, perhaps the i love '88 thing...
__________________
Nickokapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2002, 03:52 PM   #37
prowler4
Hench Mutant
 
prowler4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 297
They love extras.lol I agree with you nicko. Hell most extras suck anyway.
__________________
GO GREEN MACHINE!
prowler4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2002, 03:57 PM   #38
Nickokapo
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Argentina
Posts: 5,800
Yeah I mean extras are okay i guess...but they're not that good...or there are not enough extras if they are good, like in the simpsons dvds, they just put a bunch of tracey ullman simpsons shorts...that's good for an extra but they could've put em all oh well...
Oh and i was thinking, if tmnt 2 and 3 come out on dvd, one of the extras could be the behind the shells video that shows how the movies were made...but then again, it's like 30 minutes, i doubt they'll put that in the dvd...
__________________
Nickokapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2002, 04:05 PM   #39
prowler4
Hench Mutant
 
prowler4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 297
Probbly won't too cheap!
__________________
GO GREEN MACHINE!
prowler4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2002, 04:07 PM   #40
Nickokapo
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Argentina
Posts: 5,800
You're right and it's too long for an extra so they'd probably release it on another dvd or not release it on dvd at all, and i think it'll be the latter.
__________________
Nickokapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.