The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2002, 12:34 PM   #1
prowler4
Hench Mutant
 
prowler4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 297
original cartoon DVD set

Question. Why haven't they put the original TMNT seasons in DVD sets? There are alot of good shows in DVD sets: Star Trek The Next Generartion, The X-Files. But if they can put crappy bs shows like Freinds and Sex and the City in DVD sets, why not our beloved turtle heros!? It's time we stand up and fight for justice!

Comments?
__________________
GO GREEN MACHINE!
prowler4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2002, 12:56 PM   #2
Nickokapo
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Argentina
Posts: 5,800
Yeah it'd be cool if they released dvds...dont lose your hopes, an animated tmnt dvd will be out in the 2003...i dunno if it'll have eps from the new or old series tho.
__________________
Nickokapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2002, 03:25 PM   #3
Deathknight
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: One of the 972 rooms of the technodrome
Posts: 1,995
it has been announced that there will be a tmnt cartoon dvd in 2003. How many of the eps they're going to do is not known at this time. So don't give your hopes up!
__________________
Shredder: "Ninja hall of fame? Ha! Where's MY statue?!"
-My Brother, the Bad Guy
Deathknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2002, 04:51 PM   #4
Nickokapo
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Argentina
Posts: 5,800
what i wonder is...by a new tmnt dvd they mean a new set of dvds or a new single dvd?
__________________
Nickokapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2002, 05:45 PM   #5
azure turtle
Mango Lovin' Mutant
 
azure turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 9,453
I don't know... And I'm wondering if that new DVD will feature the new cartoon or the old one. There hasn't been any recent news about this DVD.
__________________
"God, I love being a turtle!"

Want to meet the only blue ninja turtle in existence? Come visit me at my Lair!
azure turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2002, 08:04 PM   #6
prowler4
Hench Mutant
 
prowler4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 297
I hope it's the old cartoon. When there is more info known about this DVD, please post here. thanx
__________________
GO GREEN MACHINE!
prowler4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2002, 04:20 AM   #7
Nickokapo
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Argentina
Posts: 5,800
I hope it's the old toon too...more info would be appreciated, since i'm not much into the dvd news and stuff...err when it's available that is.
__________________
Nickokapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2002, 05:05 AM   #8
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
It would be greta to see the first season in dvd! But i would also be cool to see the new show on dvd...
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2002, 05:14 AM   #9
Nickokapo
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Argentina
Posts: 5,800
In an interview, laird said something about wanting to release the 1st season on dvd...so maybe that will be the "tmnt animated dvd"?I sure hope so...
__________________
Nickokapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2002, 08:21 AM   #10
Kingkapong
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: T.O. Canada
Posts: 548
sure hope it would happen. friends is a good show but it's on a lot of channels and is on practically everyday so i wouldn't go buy it on DVD. a lot of americans watch sex and the city.
__________________
Go leafs go!
Kingkapong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2002, 09:12 AM   #11
prowler4
Hench Mutant
 
prowler4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 297
I know alot of americans watch sex and the city. I'm ashamed to admit. I don't know about this new turtle series. I hope they don't screw up the franchies by giving the turtles totally different charactors,meaning attitudes,etc.
__________________
GO GREEN MACHINE!
prowler4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2002, 12:02 PM   #12
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
If you mean diffent from the original cartoon, they sure do! They are going to make the turtles like they originally were...
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2002, 12:10 PM   #13
Nickokapo
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Argentina
Posts: 5,800
Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler4
I don't know about this new turtle series. I hope they don't screw up the franchies by giving the turtles totally different charactors,meaning attitudes,etc.
Well i hope they dont give the turtles new characters like they did with the last seasons of the old cartoon...but they will base it in the mirage comics, so most of the characters you know will probably be there
As for the attitudes...well they probably change that a bit, but they will still be the turtles
__________________
Nickokapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2002, 12:21 PM   #14
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
A bit? I think the difrence will be a big one...
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2002, 12:45 PM   #15
Nickokapo
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Argentina
Posts: 5,800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karpo_007
A bit? I think the difrence will be a big one...
=P yeah it probably will be, i wont know untill i see it
__________________
Nickokapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2002, 04:47 PM   #16
speedracer
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickokapo
In an interview, laird said something about wanting to release the 1st season on dvd...so maybe that will be the "tmnt animated dvd"?I sure hope so...
I wouldn't hold my breath about it. Laird seems to like the first season, but he seems to genuinely hate the rest of the cartoon.
speedracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2002, 05:57 PM   #17
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan
Stone Warrior
 
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 835
Turtles on DVD

I want to see the entire series, from 1987-1996, on DVD. If not, then I'm going to buy all the episodes on vhs. One way or another, I'll get every single episode. I don't understand why they'd just release one season or certain episodes. If you're going to go, why not go all the way? Surely whoever makes these DVDs knows that if they don't get the whole series on DVD, there will be a lot of upset people out there.

"Can you believe this? I'm defending myself with a mackerel!" - Raphael, from "Farewell, Lotus Blossom"
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2002, 06:00 PM   #18
prowler4
Hench Mutant
 
prowler4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 297
I agree they sould release the entire series on DVD. They should do like with ST TNG and X-Files, about one or two seasons every year.
__________________
GO GREEN MACHINE!
prowler4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2002, 06:06 PM   #19
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan
Stone Warrior
 
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 835
We can only hope. With all the crap that's been released on DVD, I can't believe something as well-known as the Ninja Turtles hasn't made it yet. Hopefully, with the release of the new cartoon, interest in the Ninja Turtles will be renewed again.

Although, I'm not holding my breath.

"That's right, blame the help!" - Krang, from "Night of the Dark Turtle"
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2002, 06:22 PM   #20
speedracer
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedracer
I wouldn't hold my breath about it. Laird seems to like the first season, but he seems to genuinely hate the rest of the cartoon.
Um, nevermind. The original TMNT toon is the property of Fred Wolf films, so it'd be entirely their decision.
speedracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.