The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2004, 02:58 PM   #1
Shreddette
Hench Mutant
 
Shreddette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Chained to Shredders Bed
Posts: 402
Ok, I didn't really like the movie... didn't hate it either but the original cartoon was more fun.

-I did not like how they made Splinter to NOT be Hamato Yoshi. It didn't make any sense to me.

-Shredder's costume (esp his face plate) wasn't appealing. I thought it was weird you could sort of see through it, and he was too small looking inside that huge armor. They didn't choose a good enough actor for him.

-April was ugly

-No Krang!! or Bebop and Rocksteady or Technodrome. I wanted to see them drilling around in the escape modules that drilled underground and alla that cool stuff. Damnit.

-YES. That pizza they ate looked awful. I hate how so many movies have the cast eat pizza that looks like some invalid made, instead of getting an appetizing pizza from an actual famous pizza place like Pizza Hut as raphael90 stated.

-Shredder's death was lame. If Shredder's gonna die, it better be a hell of a good death.

-The characters personalities were watered down.
Shreddette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 03:18 PM   #2
EZweasel
Stone Warrior
 
EZweasel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 847
i just remember liking it alot. the second one was beter at the time, but when i went back and watched them recently the first is alot beter and kicks the crap out of the old cartoon. the old cartoon is a literal joke. and what i mean by that is there was too much comedy. it was a sitcom.
__________________
EZweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 03:50 PM   #3
Dane E5R
Mad Scientist
 
Dane E5R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Topeka, Kansas
Posts: 1,602
Y'know, it seems like most of the people here liked the original cartoon because it was silly and funny, however when I think back, I don't think that even as a child I considered the cartoon to be funny. I liked it because they "kicked butt." So when I saw the movie version, and saw the turtles kicking far more "butt" than I'd ever seen before, and on top of that, they cussed (which was cool because it was 'forbidden,' and things you're not allowed to do were always cool) and on top of THAT, The Shredder, whom I'd gotten to know as a bumbling nincompoop actually DEFEATED all 4 turtles single handedly! Everything blew me away. How real the turtles looked (I was convinced for quite awhile that the TMNT were real, because those couldn't have possibly been costumes!) Casey Jones was actually cool, and played a big role in the movie. I thought he was pretty lame in the cartoon. The foot soldiers being human ninjas was a great deal more favorable over the robots with laser rifles. I honestly don't think I missed Krang or the Technodrome one bit.
__________________
http://www.luckyusshow.com
Dane E5R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 04:01 PM   #4
Shreddette
Hench Mutant
 
Shreddette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Chained to Shredders Bed
Posts: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite5Raph
Y'know, it seems like most of the people here liked the original cartoon because it was silly and funny, however when I think back, I don't think that even as a child I considered the cartoon to be funny. I liked it because they "kicked butt."
Yah, I didn't see the humour in it either as much as I do today. Same with all the cartoons I used to watch... especially Loony Toons; there are a lot of phrases that only adults would get, and laugh about.

Cartoons in general were favoured more than anything else when I was a kid. I refused to watch anything but.... for the most part. A few exceptions were Knight Rider, Fantasy Island etc... but that was more because I was watching them with my brother and it was a bonding thing.
Shreddette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 05:53 PM   #5
Wes
Mad Scientist
 
Wes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A very scary place. With crayons!
Posts: 1,607
Back when I was younger, I liked them both, but thought the second movie was superior. Now, I recognize that the first was truly the superior film, and therefore like it better. It's really great stuff -- just watched both of them again the other night, and the first one is the one that still brings tears to my eyes every time.

Both then and now, I absolutely hated the third film.
__________________


* Scary-Crayon * Wesoteric * Chew your gum properly, ok?


Aaand... Technodrome buy/sell/trade thread here!
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 07:14 PM   #6
MyPetMonster
Mouser
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 7
I think I was just in awe.It didn't matter to me that Splinter's origin was different,nor did it bother me that Krang,Bebop and Rocksteady were absent.I was merely fascinated,spellbound by the film.It is one of the few films I've ever bothered seeing more than once at the Theatre.In fact this is the movie for which I set my record for most viewings.I saw the film a whopping four times.
MyPetMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 07:30 PM   #7
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!
 
Buslady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In 7803...
Posts: 4,366
Re: YOur first thoughts on the TMNT movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrah White
Back in the 90's most fans of the turtles only knew the turtles from the old toon, they had no idea that they started off as sinister comic book characters. Had no idea that they were watching a cartoon that bares almost no resemblence to the comics it's inspired from, the changing of Splinter's origin, Dimension X, the Utrom inspired Krang, and Bebop & Rocksteady just to say a few. The first film was based on the comics, not the TV show which most fans at the time were familiar with.

My question to those fans is this; when you first saw that film what was your first thoughts of it? Did these questions ever flash your mind; Why is Splinter Yoshi's pet rat? What happened to Krang, Bebop, Rocksteady? Why was there no Technodrome?
i was glad there was no tie to the cartoon and my first thought were, they gotta be real..those arent animatronics!!
__________________
Buslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 08:36 PM   #8
impetus
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 978
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrah White
they had no idea that they started off as sinister comic book characters.
maybe that's because... they DIDN'T.
__________________
impetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 09:42 PM   #9
Tetsu Deinonychus
The Iron Dinosaur
 
Tetsu Deinonychus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Studio Snowlion HQ
Posts: 3,021
Yeah, they were dark but not evil.
Tetsu Deinonychus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 09:49 PM   #10
Jarrah White
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,394
Okay, maybe not sinister, but very brutal, in the Mirage comics the turtles were not afraid to get blood on their weapons.
Jarrah White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 09:52 PM   #11
Cascadia
Oregonian in heart & soul
 
Cascadia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 3,731
I liked the first movie.
__________________

Formally known as Scientific freak
Cascadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 10:27 PM   #12
Barkworm
Draconian leftist ruler
 
Barkworm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Germany
Posts: 6,701
I was wondering why they "screwed up" the origin story but nevertheless I loved it till no end. Plus it was the first movie I watched in cinema in Germany.
__________________
Make ****, not kill!
Barkworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.